Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If an Ork Trukk explodes and there is either a KFF inside or one in range of the Trukk, do the occupants get a cover save from the explosion? Furthermore, do units inside the KFF range but outside the Trukk receive a cover save from the external explosion?

I have seen this debated before with no clear answer. One argument is that the occupants do not get it because the exact order for processing the explosion is to wreck the vehicle, resolve the hits, then place the models. In this line of thinking, the models are basically in limbo while resolving hits and therefore cannot be measured to be in range of the shield, so does not receive its effect. I'm not satisfied with this because it seems to be a technicality, however it's the only rules based answer I've seen. Another answer proposed says the explosion is not a shooting attack so no cover saves can be taken, but the faq on Deathrollas (sp?) says models DO get cover saves from its attacks despite them not being shooting or even occurring during the shooting phase, therefore defying that logic (not to mention its another technicality and not a solid rule).

Any advice is appreciated! I apologize for spelling or autocorrect mistakes!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts