Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Quick bit about me: I've been playing Dark Elves for 9 years (since i was 10 in fact), and have around 7-8 thousand points of Dark Elves, as well as 2000pts of High Elves i have just started. I enjoy the playing of the hobby more than the winning, and models I use in my armies are models that I like or fancy trying out, and as a result I tend to rotate them.
I tend to pick a theme or an idea for the army and write an army list around that, eg, I toyed with a defensive DE army for 3k and took Sorceress', plenty of Spearmen and Crossbowmen and 8 Bolt Throwers. Unfortunately I played Skaven and the bell rung the D3 wounds on T7 o models twice....

However, thanks to the current DE army book and 8th Ed. my attention has now turned to the cult of Khaine and I am amassing a Cult of Khaine army. the lists I have are a bit of fun at the minute, playing for the enjoyment, but I will plan a competitive army that fits in with the fluff.

Heres my fun 2k list.

Crone Hellebron

Shadowblade

Death Hag - BSB, Banner of Hag Graef, Manbane, Rune of Khaine

30 Witch Elves - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness, Rune of Khaine

Assassin - 2HW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death

19 Witch Elves

20 Executioners - Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame

At the time of writing, this army has played 4, won 2, against HE and DE, and lost 2, against DE and Skaven. Hellebron and the BSB head join the Executioners, as soon as they hit combat the Assassin springs out and the BSB hits the 2nd rank. There are no real tactics when I use this army, as I go with the theme and run at the enemy. The record amount of models left at the end of the game have been 6 - Hellebron, the BSB, a Hag, a Witch Elf and both Assassins. One Assassin has bagged Eltharion and Stormwing, whilst Shadowblade has claimed 12 HE archers, 2 mages and 2 buildings when he punched a Screaming Bell. Yes, he can even assassinate the buildings...

At the minute, I have some plans for the big list, and have used some of the units for it.

Hellebron (using Lelith Hesperax), a DH BSB with Hydra Banner, Rune of Khaine and Manbane leading a horde unit of 49 Witch Elves buffed by a Cauldron of Blood is a plan at the minute. I know what you are thinking..."they lose too many attacks". The whole unit at full strength with +1A buff throws out:
9-11 S10 attacks. (Yes 11, because it's randomised D3. Think of CS Marine Lord with 14 attacks in 40K. Same Principle).
8-10 attacks wounding on a 3+ up to max S6. Poisoned
62-64 S3 attacks. Poisoned.
Not including any Assassins

2-3 Cauldrons. Conversions.

Shadowblade and Assassins....I have 5 atm...maybe more....

2x 20 Executioners. One unit will use the new Incubi models as Tullaris' personal regiment.

Shades. New Mandrake models. Story is along the lines of "Magical Experiments to try and create the perfect assassins, hence explaining the bulky/shadow parts. Oh and the balefire.

Spearmen - Bodyguard of a Priestess of Khaine, who is a lvl 4 with the Sacrificial Dagger, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness and the Berserker sword. Fluff is the warriors don't mind getting sacrificed due to their undying loyalty to Khaine and their charge (hence, PoIB). The Berserker sword is so she's frenzied, so slightly Khainite. The inspiration is slightly borrowed from the idea of Blood Mages from "Dragon Age: Origins". May use Kabalite Warriors with some conversion.

Corsairs, Corsair master, Bolt Throwers - Captain/Crew of the Black Ark Hellebron has commandeered to go off seeking sacrifices in the name of Khaine. Will have Sea Serpent Standard for frenzy. Fluff is that the Captain is known to be particularly brutal and bloodthirsty.

A Chariot mounted Dreadlord/Master with Ring of Hotek. Inspiration is Khelthrai from the DE army book. Would have been in the Executioner unit, however, not a Khainite....

Harpies. Embodiment of Khaine. 'nuff said.

4 Hydras - Hellebron's "pets".

Morathi may make an appearance in the list. She is Khaine's first bride after all.

Oh, and more Witch Elves....can't have enough. Might use Dark Eldar Wyches with a bit of converting.

One problem that occurs to me is the survivability of Hellebron. There are 2 options.

1) In unit of 49 WE, buff with 5+ ward. In combat, challenge something with no/bad ward save that doesn't have ASF. Or pray that the opponent doesn't attack her with models in B2B..

2) Stick her in a CoB. Now you may be calling the men in white coats now but bear with me.Along with the Hydra Banner BSB you get the following:
A 7W T10 Terror causing unit.
Hellebron gains 4+ ward and MR1. CoB gains 4+ once per turn dispel.
8-10 S10 attacks.
7-9 attacks wounding on a 3+, up to max S6. Poisoned.
10 S3 attacks. Poisoned.
LD10, Stubborn with a re-roll.

Still think I'm mad?
The plan is that the opponent goes "Oooh, Glass cannon 101 on a war machine, lets go take it out", then realise it's nastier than he thought and ends up focusing on it, thus leaving your army with a slightly less stressful task of claiming sacrifices in the name of Khaine.

So there it is, the Cult of Khaine army, a work in progress. Fell free to leave comments/opinions/ideas, I welcome them all.

The plan after this army is a DE army led by a rogue sorcerer with a twist, he was a Dreadlord who went of to the Chaos wastes, only to be mutated by Tzeentch and becomes a mighty sorcerer. Brought on by the sight of the new Urien Rakarth Model...

So many ideas...so little time...

·
2,434 Posts
This is in the wrong place but a mod will probability move it. Another quick mention is i would take a quick look at the forums rules, as listing pts for individual models or items is against them, due to GW copy right etc.

Sorry to start off so negative :(

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, heres a draft 4k list, this isn't like the 2k list as it is slightly more balanced, and slightly more sensible.....only slightly though.........

Hellebron

Morathi - Book of Ashur, Heartrender, Crystal of Midnight

Death Hag - BSB, Hydra Banner, Rune of Khaine, Manbane

Shadowblade

49 Witch Elves - Full Command, Rune of Khaine, Banner of Eternal Flame
Assassin - 2HW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus

30 Spearmen - Full Command, Shields, War Banner

20 Corsairs - Full Command, Sea Serpent Standard
Assassin - 2HW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus

20 Executioners - Full Command, Banner of Murder

5 Shades - 2HW, Light Armour, Bloodshade
Assassin - 2HW, Manbane, Rending Stars, Cloak of Twilight

War Hydra

2x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Again, feel free to tell me what you think, all feedback welcome.

·
2,434 Posts
Ok first the assassins way too many i just dont see that many assassins making any use honestly. Shadow blade and 4 others is just a waste of pts. I would drop all the assassins appart from shadow bland and maybe the one with the shades, and bulk up on more spear men and / or another Hydra.

Have you considered using the standard of hag graef and putting the BSB in the executioner unit? Its a great combo. But its a bit of a preference thing really as both banners work really well.

Not sure about the Corsairs but think thats a bit of a personnel thing.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you mean giving the BSB Hag Graef or giving the Executioners Hag Graef?

I've always enjoyed using Assassins, and so far they haven't failed me, although I do see your point. I have a fluff excuse for the Corsairs, partly explained in the first post. The 30 Spearmen I used in 7th, they got bumped up to a horde of 40 with Banner of Nagarythe BSB, worked well as an anvil. I should probably have mentioned that the 30 Spearmen aren't running as a horde unit, but as either 5x6 or 6x5.

Thanks for the feedback m8.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yep, I'm loving the 2k list, love the theme....I'll be running something similar over then weekend. Never went with Khane before but this sounds like a blast. We're playing a fun 1500 pt 3 way battle to get a new to 8th player used to the rules, so I want to try something different.

Helborne

Bsb hag with AsF banner (for executioners)

Assassin
(manbane)

19 witches (+ helborne)

20 Witches (+assassin)

19 Executioners
full command

5x Shades
2 hw

5x harpies

5xharpies.

I'm wondering if it's worth dropping the shades to put command units on my witches + rending stars on assassin? I really want the 2 units of harpies, cause it's fluffy for a khaine army. I'm thinking I can use them to either go after shooting units...or I can use them to screen the witches from shooting for a round or 2. I never use witches cause they just get shot up. If I'm not facing serious shooting they go on the flanks to make a kind of horsehoe. Either way, cant wait to try this...Helborne looks soo nasty! No one will ever see her coming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts