Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it was possible to take a squad of Khornate Chosen on Juggernaughts despite the fact that this would give them two wounds each. Does anyone know if it's possible?

·
Registered
827 Posts
You could, but you'd have to upgrade them all to AC's so they can choose the juggernaught from the armory.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew that it was just that the rider counts as having Daemonic essence which, if I'm not mistaken is IC's only.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't think that matters. When it says 'the model counts as having deamonic essence' its just a fancy way of saying 'the model gains +1 wound'.

·
389 Posts
It is a perfectly legal option. And in fact it is the only way to give an aspiring champion more than one wound. It is bound to be a very expensive group that will attract a lot of incoming fire, but just think about the sheer coolnes of it.

And the models are great.

Arizzar

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
I'd disagree with the legality of this. Juggernauts confer daemonic gifts for a lower price than normal - one of these gifts is daemonic essence. Next to the daemonic essence entry, there is no points value for aspiring champions, meaning that aspiring champions cannot take it. A juggernaut is a package, and cannot be split up, so therefore if it confers daemonic essence and a model cannot be given daemonic essence, it cannot be given the juggernaut.

LoC

·
Registered
207 Posts
I haven't seen any passages in either book that states that aspiring champs can't have juggernaughts. The book doesn't say that only characters can have juggernauts - there is simply no way to gain the effects of DE unless you are a lord or purchase a juggernaut.

A person could also have a Lord with both DE and a Juggernaut.

Also, should it be placed on an aspiring champ, the price for the combined benefits (substituting teh lord cost for DE suince there is no AP cost) isn't lower, although the model does get to have a steed as a bonus.

Like it or not, it's legal.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Lordofchange said:
I'd disagree with the legality of this. Juggernauts confer daemonic gifts for a lower price than normal - one of these gifts is daemonic essence. Next to the daemonic essence entry, there is no points value for aspiring champions, meaning that aspiring champions cannot take it. A juggernaut is a package, and cannot be split up, so therefore if it confers daemonic essence and a model cannot be given daemonic essence, it cannot be given the juggernaut.
Very interesting point of view.

However, I think the lack of a points cost does not mean that a Champion can not have the gift, merely that he can not buy it in that fashion. For example, look at Skilled Riders. Lords are listed as a "-", but they are allowed to have the skill through other means.

shoottokill said:
A person could also have a Lord with both DE and a Juggernaut.
Untrue. No model is allowed to double up on Daemonic Gifts, and because he "counts as" having Daemonic Essense through the Juggernaught he may not take it again.

If I were to ever play a World Eaters army, I would seriously consider putting Juggers on my Champs. Most people give Daemonic Mutation and Daemonic Strength to them anyways, and the +1 wound offers a measure of safety against Hail of Fire checks and those occassional assassination attempts. It also makes them look hella cool.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Anyone remember the WD battle report like a year or so ago that had Khorne Champs on juggernauts?

I personally believe that the champs can take a juggernaut, based heavily upon the fact that numerous people obviously do, and they have been used in tournament lists, and yet GW has never objected. This is very similar to the Mot/Vet skills debate a few days ago. You can argue that they can't get it, but if there's no absolute edvidence otherwise, and the tactic is widely used, then you have to let it go until its FAQ'd.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, they have a single points value and are a steed, therefore they can be used on any model capable of taking wargear with the mark of Khorne.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
No offense, but it says that it gives essence and str to the owner, it can do it. God, what is it with people saying what models can and cannot have regarding rules. Get with it people, these types of conversations are tiring.

BTW if I had the moola, I'd get a bunch of Juggernauts, its an awesome package: one model that moves 6, fleets another possible 6, charge 12. then rider has mutation already then an extra wound and str 5. wicked!

·
Spiky
768 Posts
Lordofchange said:

LoC

So what, no more than one chosen can be upgraded to Sorcerer, but every chosen with the mark of Tzeentch have the sorcerer ability. This is irrelevent.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
grimmtu said:
A Juggernaut may be a steed but it doesn't let the model move as cavalry.
If you go to page 57 of the rulebook and read the second sentence carefully, you'll be sadly mistaken

LictorInTheGrass said:
BTW if I had the moola, I'd get a bunch of Juggernauts, its an awesome package: one model that moves 6, fleets another possible 6, charge 12. then rider has mutation already then an extra wound and str 5. wicked!
Question, do you fleet or does blood frenzy overrule it? Yes, it does make a difference before anyone says they are the same lol

I'm in the process of trying to sort out a squad of 5 chosen on juggernaughts. Its just trying to work out what to give them. So many points are taken up by each one, to start you have the basic cost, then the juggernaught on top, the mark of khorne takes up quite a bit. The ones I have done so far have:-

(the list i just said)
Power Weapons
Daemonic Resilience
Furious Charge
Daemonic Aura
Daemonic Armour

Thats 500 points although there are two different point costs listed in the codex i have...i.e. it says one thing in the khorne section and another on the armoury page. I took the lower purely because i could fit more stuff in then lol. But still, I want to ditch some stuff but i just don't know what to get rid of. Some advice would be cool.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
RobtheGuru said:
If you go to page 57 of the rulebook and read the second sentence carefully, you'll be sadly mistaken
I don't see how that is relevant. Daemonic Steed is a specific upgrade in the Chaos Codex, which does in fact mention that the model counts as cavalry. But the Khornate Juggernaught does not mention anything about counting as cavalry, so the unit moves at the regular speed.

Also, if that were the case, why would the Steed of Slaanesh bother to point out that it confers Daemonic Speed upon the user? Pretty pointless, no?

Long story short - models mounted on Juggers do not gain Daemonic Speed, nor are they counted as cavalry.

RobtheGuru said:
Question, do you fleet or does blood frenzy overrule it? Yes, it does make a difference before anyone says they are the same lol
If you have Daemonic Speed, then you don't make Blood Frenzy movement rolls. Page 47 of the Chaos Codex.

RobtheGuru said:
Thats 500 points although there are two different point costs listed in the codex i have...i.e. it says one thing in the khorne section and another on the armoury page. I took the lower purely because i could fit more stuff in then lol. But still, I want to ditch some stuff but i just don't know what to get rid of. Some advice would be cool.
I don't understand what you mean by "One in the Khorne section and one in the armoury page." What items have the discrepancy? You should see two numbers in the armoury page, listed in a X/Y format, but that's normal. The first number is for Independant Characters, the second is for Champions.

As for your selection, I don't think you need Armour or Resilience. Armour is pretty expensive for what it gives you. Resilience would be better served being replaced by Feel No Pain. Also be sure to drop a Powerfist or two into the unit, along with a single Collar of Khorne, and a Talisman of Burning Blood.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I drop everything and go with Chain axes and frag grenades (for charging into cover).

I prefer an axe of horne or two over powerfists.

I may take Feel no Pain if I want to freak my enemy out -or if he has more than one landraider - I feel the psyhcogical effects of the gift (on my opponent player) are worth the cost.

Echo the Talisman of Burning Blood - Khorne moves plenty fast without demonic speed... and your berzerkers on foot stand a good chance of supporting your juggernaut unit.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
Look at the cost for a Juggernaught in the armoury, then go to page 49 and look at its price there

·
301 Posts
Good point, but they are ment to cost 35. as soon as i find a refrence to confim this, i'll edit this post.

It dosn't state it in the official FAQ, but from the looks of the unofficial preview for the eventually upcomming 4.2 faq, that that is an issue with the 1st edition of that codex, and was corrected in the second printing.

here's the link to the Chaos Space Marins FAQ v4.2 (unofficial)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts