Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, a friend of mine has convinced me to play Chaos and I'm keen to spill blood for the blood god:) I've got my hands on a copy of the latest CSM codex and have a few questions about fielding a pure (and fluffy, hopefully) World Eaters army.

1) While it doesn't really affect me yet, could a larger army have a Daemon Prince, Bloodthirster and Lt.? Or would this count as having three HQ slots and be illegal?

2) I've read in a few forums that Termies in a WE army aren't worth the points (which could be better spent on extra troops choices). Reading the codex, I don't understand the deal with possessed or chosen. I want a good elites choice, but aren't sure which models to buy or how to tool up or use either of these options..... totally lost.

3) Does anybody use tanks to first flank the enemy, and Daemon bomb (Bloodletters ooo yeah), and then as tank hunters?

4) Do flesh hounds need to be summoned?

5) I'm planning on getting a boxed set of 12 zerkers, then a cool model to use a Lt., maybe a dreadnought, more zerkers and a unit of 3 bikers toin that order to start with.... any different ideas?

Cheers everyone, I hope this is in the right forum section!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

393 Posts
jchello2u said:
Hey everyone, a friend of mine has convinced me to play Chaos and I'm keen to spill blood for the blood god:) !!
Welcome. Khorne is a great choice. You may not win all your games, but you will usually have a good time :yes:

1) While it doesn't really affect me yet, could a larger army have a Daemon Prince, Bloodthirster and Lt.? Or would this count as having three HQ slots and be illegal?
This would count as 3 HQ choices.

2) I've read in a few forums that Termies in a WE army aren't worth the points (which could be better spent on extra troops choices). Reading the codex, I don't understand the deal with possessed or chosen. I want a good elites choice, but aren't sure which models to buy or how to tool up or use either of these options..... totally lost.
Most people usually feel a little lost when they first look at the possessed and chosen. These units are some of the most flexible units in the entire game. Since they are so flexible it is difficult for me to give any concrete advice. Try doing a search for chosen and possessed to see what other people have made out of them.

One thing to keep in mind is that you pay a lot for your chosen and possessed, so you should get something out of them that your regular troops cannot give you. Normal berzerkers are amazing in cc... terminator berzerkers are a bit better, but at a much higher point cost. Therefore people tend to think they are not worth the points.

Take a look at your army, what do you need? Speed, staying power, something to handle Monstrous Creatures, tankbusters? Chosen and/or possessed can be any of those things. Khorne cannot take Raptors, but both chosen and possessed can be made to fly, and can then fill that role. Just be careful, since these units can get spectacularly expensive!

3) Does anybody use tanks to first flank the enemy, and Daemon bomb (Bloodletters ooo yeah), and then as tank hunters?
Not sure I entirely understand what you mean. Lots of people use tanks and lots of people use a (semi)daemon bomb strategy. But tanks really has nothing to do with daemon bombs.

4) Do flesh hounds need to be summoned?
Yes.

5) I'm planning on getting a boxed set of 12 zerkers, then a cool model to use a Lt., maybe a dreadnought, more zerkers and a unit of 3 bikers toin that order to start with.... any different ideas?
Thats a very good start. I would probably look into some bloodletters if I were you. Its hard to go wrong with a predator since any Khorne army is low on long range firepower, and it helps immensely to have more than one model with armor on the table. If your dreadnought is the only one he will quickly get blown to bits.

Also try to get your opponents permission to proxy some of the more special models like Bloodthirster, Daemon prince, Defiler, flying possessed/chosen etc. That will give you some indication of what works and what does not before you spend hundreds of $ on models. Most people have no problem with this since we have all experienced things that looked great on paper, but performed less than impressive in real life.

Cheers everyone, I hope this is in the right forum section!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
Cheers to you! It is the right forum section. And indeed "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
:w00t:

Arizzar

· I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
In my experience, my terminators (i made them all champions) make back every single one of their points and more. They cost 400 points for 5 (only played in bigger games). They get 5 basic power weapon attacks, 6 on the charge. Attack with Strength 6 on the charge. They can usually get away with killing 10+ men a round, on the charge. BTW i deep strike them to a teleport homer on my bike aspiring champion or if I give my DP Speed, then they go to him with a homer.

· señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
Unless you were using 2 Force Organization Charts, this would be illegal as you have 3 HQ's.

I've read in a few forums that Termies in a WE army aren't worth the points (which could be better spent on extra troops choices). Reading the codex, I don't understand the deal with possessed or chosen. I want a good elites choice, but aren't sure which models to buy or how to tool up or use either of these options..... totally lost.
I personally love Chosen and Possessed but I only reccommend them in large games because these guys can easily suck up a lot of points. Make sure you don't fall into the trap of giving Chosen too much, as they can really get expensive fast.

Does anybody use tanks to first flank the enemy, and Daemon bomb (Bloodletters ooo yeah), and then as tank hunters?
I don't use tanks to flank the enemy, but I do use a Daemon bomb. I usually run a squad of bikers up a flank, let out the daemons, and either use the bikers to help in CC or to fill in another role. If Im facing a tank heavy or armour heavy army, then i'll give them melta's too so they can go tank hunting after they let out the Daemons. It depends on what you want them to be doing.

I'm planning on getting a boxed set of 12 zerkers, then a cool model to use a Lt., maybe a dreadnought, more zerkers and a unit of 3 bikers toin that order to start with.... any different ideas?
Sounds like a good start. Make sure to get your HQ and 2 Troops first so you can start some games. Like Arizzar said, Bloodletters are good too.

Goodluck with Khorne!

~Ben

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help people, its been good. The question about daemon bombing was a typo.... I meant to ask if anybody used BIKES to summon daemons and then go tank hunting after the bloodletters were on the table. But hey, i got the answer anyways!!

I'm thining that when i build up a big enough force (1500+ points), I'll have a Lord/Daemon Prince with a retinue of Chosen and a unit of Possessed as an elites choice. I like the idea of ravening marines corrupted by denizens of the warp flying at the enemy :)

Also, the first models I'm going to buy are a Lord, 24 zerkers and a dreadnought just 4 the fluff! Agreed the dread will most likely attract a lot of fire and maybe not earn its points back, but with two CC weapons and a good roll for blood frenzy I'll have a CC monster that will be awesome to play when it survives, and draw fire from my berserkers.

Death to the false emperor...

· Spiky
769 Posts
jchello2u said:
Agreed the dread will most likely attract a lot of fire and maybe not earn its points back, but with two CC weapons and a good roll for blood frenzy I'll have a CC monster that will be awesome to play when it survives, and draw fire from my berserkers.
The cost for a basic CC dread is not so high (±100 points with smokes), so the deal is not so bad and smokes grant it additional survivability.

· Registered
773 Posts
If you do decide to use chosen, I would keep the squad down to 10 or less, give them all the mark of khorne and daemonic talons...THATS IT. Maybe mount them in a rhino too to help em' survive.

With this set-up though, each possessed marine will have 4 S6 rending attacks on the charge...with their high armor and their invul save, you'll be making genestealers look like wide-eyed puppies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.