Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, in a 1850 point list if i should take this Lord

Daemon prince
+mark of khorne
+berserker Glaive
+daemonic flight

I cant decide wat to give him now. All input and (Constructive) critisism welcome.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, you can't have any extra movement modifiers on a model with a glaive, so you can drop that. And with the glaive he loses Independant character status, so he could use some more defenses. I'd set him up like this.

Daemon Prince - 160
Mark of Khorne
Berserker Glaive
D. Resilience
D. Stature
D. Strength
Feel No Pain
Collar of Khorne

I just wouldn't take him against Tau or Eldar. He is also a bit iffy against Tyranids.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Where exactly does it say you can't have the movement modifiers. I went into a GW store three days ago and asked what happens if you give a khorne Bezerker glaive to someone with deamonic flight. The member of staff I was talking to said that the model has to move 12" towards the nearest enemy, eg as if he had failed the test but could use flight. Prehaps he was wrong (unlikly as the way the conversation went he had obviously been asked this before) but if you could direct me to the rules source.......

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Robizzle said:
Doesn't it just say you can't roll for the blood rage D6 if you have one of the movement thingies? Unless thats something else?
That's for models without the Glaive. The Beserker Glaive now has a special restriction that states that the IC carrying it may not have any other form of Movement Modifier while carrying it. As stated, this is now present in the Third Printing of the Chaos Codex, along with the new Wargear book.

To Berny Mac - I suggest that you ask your "rules advisor" to bone up on his rules, as he was very wrong. That wouldn't even be the right answer back when the combination was legal.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Well I wouldn't call him a rules advisor but you do expect the staff of GW to know what they are talking about. I think he must be trying to reconcile the old rules which states someone with flight never tests for blood frenzy while someone with the bezerker glaive always fails it.

Third edition of the codex eh just have to buy it when it comes out. Thanks guys.

·
EWOP
586 Posts
How about this mental case? Charge, charge, charge some more, then charge again just to make sure. He's better than a Bloodthirster (after my experiences with a BT that turns up on turn 2 in the middle of the battlefield then fails his instability test by rolling 16 on every turn three of four games) and with the 4th ed rules, defensive measures are a waste IMHO so he gets Rune V instant Death and 3+ armour V anything else:

Mod Edit - We don't post stats of models on these boards, thanks.

~Cal

Mark of Khorne, Close Combat Weapon, Spiky Bits, Daemonic Essence, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Rune, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Visage, Furious Charge, Rage of Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood.

The idea is to close with the nearest enemy unit and keep consolidating or jumping into the next unit. He doesn't need special weapons because he's monstrous and has enough attacks to wipe out whole squads either on the charge or into a second round.

Too beardy do you think?

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
I like that character how expensive is he.

No such thing as beardy if you can take it legally. In fact if you go for background it is beardy to take a Choas Lord and NOT give him loads of stuff

example

KHORNE: "I Khorne see you have done well my champion a hundred worlds you have put to the sword a million souls you have killed I bestow on you a sign of my favour"

LORD: Whats this??

KHORNE:It's a power sword.

LORD: oh....great

KHORNE: Fine have some spiky bits too.

know what I mean?

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Berny Mac said:
No such thing as beardy if you can take it legally.
So very true. There is only legal and not legal, and fluffy and not fluffy. If someone calls "beardy" or "cheesy" on you, they're only complaining that they have a hard fight upon their hands.

Adam - that Khorne lord of yours is illegal. Remember that Gifts of the Gods count against your Daemonic Gifts limits. That puts you 25 points over.

·
EWOP
586 Posts
Oops, good point. I made the mistake of using the Interactive Army Lists which even with the update is woefully inadequate. Anyway, until the next Chaos book comes out the BT is always going to fall on it's arse due to it's Initiative. I'll rewrite the Big Lad and see how he fares. Good luck with your selections.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.