Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this came to mind the other day when i was talking to a friend about some 40k stuff and i happened to mention Khorne the blood god... boy did he get some laughs out of that. But why must it sound like yellow corn and not Khornè...(pronounced corn-ay) or you could put oomlads over the o and make it sounds like (coarn-ay).. your opinions plaese.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wish it didn't sound so corny! (pun intended)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just do what the Eldar do and call 'im Khaine.

And tell your friend to grow up.....lest I place his skull at the base of the Blood Gods throne.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, i explained it to him that it was the name of some ancient city in India... of course that was after he stopped laughing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Khorne's the suckiest Chaos god anyways. He's just stealing the Orks thunder, and they do it in a much funnier manner.

And think about it corny, corn-ay. Hmm...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I always thought if they just swithced some letters around he would sound much cooler, Khrone, or even Kron sounds mass more intimidating than Khorne any day. I stopped playing Khorne when I was playing an old Warband who all had faces that looked like dogs, and my warband got dubbed "the Corndogs..." when you're trying to be intimidating that's a little infurating... So now I'm a fan of Tzeentch and Malal. The only "Khorne" that is kool is the band (KoRn)

·
Registered
377 Posts
And even they aren't particularly cool...

I think the solution is to not play Khorne. :p Or at least introduce people to the game with another army (if you have one). Or always refer to your army as their legion name and don't mention Khorne.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't even know how to pronounce Tzeentch but they are cool. I'm thinking it sounds like "zeen-ch" but some people think it has a czech type twang to it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I say T-zeench. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.