Blessing of the Blood God

Heavy Support-Daemon Prince-215
MoK
Iron Hide
Unholy Strength
Daemonic Flight
Instrument of Chaos
Blessing of the Blood God

Is this list at all competitive? it seems cheesy to me but I'm getting back into 40k.

·
4,967 Posts
It is by no way cheesy. Themed I think would be a better description. I would drop all instruments and unholy might upgrades and speng the points on more troops. Either get a 4th squad or upgraded your current unit sizes.

To be honnest the bloodcrushers offer little to the list and I would ditch them for 5 more troops too. I like the crushers but you need the scoring models.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Definitely get rid of instruments (you shouldn't be tying combat anyway) and Wings on your DPs (too expensive) and the crushers to get more Bloodletters. Bloodletters are surprisingly easy to gun down, so you really could do with more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hq-Bloodthirster-250

Hq-Herald of Khorne (Khorne Daemon Prince)-85
Chariot of Khorne

Hq-The Masque-100

Elites-4 Bloodcrushers-160

Elites-3 Flamers-105

Troops-5 Plaguebearers-95
Icon of Chaos

Troops-5 Plaguebearers-95
Icon of Chaos

Troops-6 Daemonettes-89
Transfixing Gaze

Troops-10 Bloodletters-185
Chaos Icon

Troops-10 Bloodletters-185
Chaos Icon

Heavy Support-Daemon Prince-155
MoN
Iron Hide
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch

Heavy Support-Daemon Prince-175
MoS
Iron Hide
Pavane of Slaanesh
Sporific Musk
Aura of Acquiescence

Heavy Support-Daemon Prince-130
Iron Hide
Daemonic Gaze

I might add some more daemonettes because I forgot how many models I own of them but is this more competitive? I was thinking about going soul grinder but tau would make short work of it.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
You've got far too few troops I'd say. Even 5 PBs won't last that long against dedicated firepower. I'd drop your cheapest DP and get more everything. 8-12 PBs, 12+ Bloodletters and Daemonettes. You can also give your Herald Unholy Might and drop the Slaaneshi Prince and get another Nurgle Prince (T5 vs T6 and you've already got Pavane).

A single Grinder is asking for a railgun, but 2 or more gives you some extra pressure to put on your opponent, and 2 pie plates is all kinds of awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok last chance or I'm going epidermus... :/

Hq-Bloodthirster-250

Hq-Herald of Khorne (Khorne Daemon Prince)-85
Chariot of Khorne

Hq-The Masque-100

Elites-4 Bloodcrushers-160

Troops-15 Bloodletters-265
Chaos Icon

Troops-15 Bloodletters-265
Chaos Icon

Troops-15 Bloodletters-240

Heavy Support-Daemon Prince-155
MoN
Iron Hide
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch

Heavy Support-Soul Grinder-160
Phlegm

Heavy Support-Soul Grinder-160
Phlegm

sorry for the last post, it was worthless and I didn't have privileges to edit it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm a little bit biased, as I'm an epidermus player- and a purely, or almost purely nurgle army with him works like a charm. Anyway, onto your post. I think you could use more troops, even in squads of 15, BL die quickly with enough firepower, esp. when you get into rapid fire range, which unfortunaely you might end up doing a lot if you want to charge next turn. Getting a cheaper Greater daemon- and removing the masque (IMO she is a bit pants for her points cost) would free up a lot of points- enough for maybe 15-20 PB, a nice and survivable scoring unit.

Overall, if you looking for a competitive list, nurgle with epidermus is one of the harshest, but I think this one would work well- if you got the PB, or at least more troop choices, and as long as you deep strike in such a way that the enemy is spoilt for choice on what to shoot- i.e. only your bigger, non scoring units.

Main change is the PB, for scoring and survivability purposes only, you really don't want to have t leave your BL standing next to an obj all match- esp if its not in cover!

Hope some of this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts