Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the kill team rules a few times over in my book, and then fiddling with some plastic cadians, I'm giving serious consideration to throwing together an IG kill team. Origionally I was thinking something along the lines of hardened vets with carapace, a flamer, some plasma, hardened fighters, a power weap, a few shotguns for spice, etc. I drew up a little unit, and I realised that even with 3 special weapons, a full squad, and two doctrines I still had points to burn. And it hit me, I was thinking too far within the lines, I mean, kill team comes with mutable laws as-is, and even the immutable laws can be bent (who would say no to a chance to throw waves of brutes at a sickeningly effective kill team?). So I've been thinking, what would be the best, semi-legal kill team I could throw together?

A group of stormtroopers led by an fanatical commisar? Catachan Devils supported by a heavy flamer sentinel? Cadian Vets with sniper rifles and a "lucky" ogryn? A squad of guardsmen stuck behind enemy lines, out of ammo and forced to scavenge enemy weapons? A recon team being led through an area by ratling guides? A troop of rough riders? A few squads of conscripts (obviously innefective, as per extra brutes etc, but crazy enough to include)?

From those of you who have experience playing kill team, what do you think would be the best choice for making an eccentric, but still effective, kill team?

·
Registered
187 Posts
You could try one with Colonel Schaeffer and some Chancers...The Devils idea is nice, and so is the stormies with commissar.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Not IG, but at least human: A bunch of death cultists would be pretty cool to field. Sort of a squad of ninjas :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
BannedInFrance said:
A squad of guardsmen stuck behind enemy lines, out of ammo and forced to scavenge enemy weapons? A recon team being led through an area by ratling guides? A troop of rough riders?
I really like these ideas, they have a lot of character to them. Guardsmen with splinter rifles, boltguns etc could be nice conversions.

One idea could be to try a sort of BlackHawkDown theme, with a fireteam of Stormtroopers (The Delta Force/Elite men) alongside some regular rookie guardsmen who are being towed along. If you wanted you could use a commisar and just stick veteran sergeant stats on him (As he has more than one wound.)

Kill Team wise you have to consider the enemy your playing against also. Against Space marine brutes any team is going to have trouble putting a three man squad down all at once. Against another Imp Guard or Orks Brute team they might drop like flies to lasgun fire. Its something to discuss with the brute player and to consider when choosing.

The good thing about Kill Team I think though is that It can be fun for both players if the brute player is happy to lose. Have your boss be the kamakazi kind with his doomsday device, and laugh when your brute squad can't see the kill team barely 20 feet in the distance. Then swap over and let the other players killteam have their fun.

"Brother, is that a Tau Firewarrior?"
"Don't be stupid, theres nothing there." *Pulse Rifle slams into his shoulder*
"Well I'll be, it is a firewarrior"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts