Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am just getting towards the end of finishing my Warriors of chaos Army and I'm not sure if its the army which is great or just my horrendously lucky dice roles when it comes to ward saves which is letting me win (mono tzeentch) but its doing great! How ever i felt its time to start a new project and i though 'what's opposite of really heavy hitting, armour clad, close combat crazed immortal god worshippers...... LEAF COVERED SHOOTY ELVES!!!'

I have a 1000 and 1500 written up, so i will go ahead and post both then i will add annotations along with each list showing a reason for doing certain things and what not. Im sure its not the most exiting list and its probably been done before but we don't have any thing like this among my gaming groups, plus i planned to do an army similar to this a few years ago so have to wood elf book lying around.

Kindred of the fallen Leaf 1000

Wood Elf Prince, Alter Kindred, The Bow of Loren
I always wanted to do this build, i just like the idea of running around with 5 shots from a bow at BS6 running interference (armour problem solved in next list)

Wood Elf Noble, Scout Kindred, Hail of Doom Arrow
This guy joins the scouts and is the army general, not the best of people, he acts as a caddy for the HoDa in this level of points whilst running with my scouts (his post HoDa effectiveness is again solved in the next list)

Spellsinger, Starfire Arrows
Magic's magic really, starfire arrows is pretty cool, plus she adds the dispel bonus, she sits with the Glade Guard Block

19 Glade Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer, Lord's Bowman
The reason there like this is to get the most from there shooting, ok so it means i can be hit harder and take more but i do kinda have a plan for this.... though not in either of these lists xD

10 Glade Guard, Scouts
Just flankers really, get those slightly smaller units on the board and what not, then with the noble giving 3D6+10 shots in a turn when I need it

5 Waywatchers, Shadow Sentinel
I think there cool, again same as the scouts, run around and have fun

Kindred of the fallen Leaf 1500

Wood Elf Prince, Alter Kindred, The Bow of Loren, Armour of Destiny
Armour problem solved..... actually it was a toss up, AoD or Talisman of Preservation+Briarsheat+light Armour = 12 points moor but gives additional -1 to hit, -2 in woods

Wood Elf Noble, Scout Kindred, Hail of Doom Arrow, Sword of Might, Light Armour, Annoyance of Netteling
Here i can now use him as a jump into combat or throw at a demon prince or something along the lines just to stick up in a challenge.... just can't get hit!

Spellsinger, Level 2, Starfire Arrow, Dispel Scroll
Self Explanitory

19 Glade Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer, Lord's Bowman, Lichebone Pennantn
A Little extra Protection

10 Glade Guard, Scouts

8 Glade Riders, Musician, Standard Bearer, Horsemaster
Another great run around unit, will just try and keep away from people with them

I think there cool, again same as the scouts, run around and have fun

Great Eagle

Great Eagle
Just great units for flying around, hitting war machines, charge blockers, flankers and every thing else.... the only thing i was thinking was maybe the war hawk riders just so i could have that shooty ability, though its not really a big deal, but then again these were also just to fill the points up.

So there you have it
, my two list's. Pretty strait forward, both of them consist of one unit which sits and draws people in while the rest try and run circles and interference. The plan after this for 2,250 will be to upgrade the spellsinger to a spellweaver with life, adding a bsb with the razor banner to the glade gaurd to take her place while she jumps on a eagle.... maybe. And then i guess more Glade Gaurd..... im not to sure i havn't really thought about that yet! But yeah, enjoy and help, i could probably make allot of changes, defiantly to the 1500 list, just remember, Keep it shooty! :D

-WaY.D-

·
877 Posts
Sorry to have to burst your bubble but my advice is not gonna be kind, but I feel you need it given you are coming from such a vastly different army. Also the newest edition has not been kind to some of what worked in the past for wood elves. Advice is in red.

Kindred of the fallen Leaf 1000

Wood Elf Prince, Alter Kindred, The Bow of Loren
Highborn not needed at this point level.
Wood Elf Noble, Scout Kindred, Hail of Doom Arrow
See later comments on non Spellweaver character choices.
Spellsinger, Starfire Arrows
19 Glade Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer, Lord's Bowman
Champion command upgrades are always a waste for every woodelf unit.
10 Glade Guard, Scouts
Scouts are just overpriced archers that want to hunt war machines but suck at it.
If you are wanting a non-forest spirit unit then these guys are fine, just drop the champion.

Kindred of the fallen Leaf 1500

Wood Elf Prince, Alter Kindred, The Bow of Loren, Armour of Destiny
Wood Elf Noble, Scout Kindred, Hail of Doom Arrow, Sword of Might, Light Armour, Annoyance of Netteling
Spellsinger, Level 2, Starfire Arrow, Dispel Scroll
19 Glade Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer, Lord's Bowman, Lichebone Pennantn
As above
10 Glade Guard, Scouts
As above
8 Glade Riders, Musician, Standard Bearer, Horsemaster
Glade riders suffer from a bad case of being possibly one of if not the worst point value unit in the game.
As above.
Great Eagle

Great Eagle
Eagles are fine.

First off wood elves unlike most armies tend to want as few characters as possible. Second if they have to take them, which they do the spellweaver is by far the best choice they have. That being said a few builds for other characters can work. A treeman ancient can be useful if going full forest theme or wanting to max out on treeman. I have also had good luck with a highborn / noble challenge blocker (loadout as follows).
- Highborn: Annoyance + fimblewinter shard + armor of destiny + great sword
- Noble: Annoyance + glittering scales + great weapon
If you really like wilder riders they can do well with the following Highborn: WR kindred, stag, dawnspear, helm of the hunt, talisman of preservation
For really low point games you can just take a branchwraith to be your generally. Also wood elves IMO never need a bsb, just save yourself the points.

Long story short if you are gonna play you need a lot of glade gaurd + treekin / treeman to counter attack and fight. If you are trying to do pure elves you can try eagles with some wardancers but I warn that it will lack if you don't have lore of beasts and even then don't expect good combats.

For some reference my 2500 list is basically 2 spellweavers (one life / one beasts) a unit of wardancers to protect them, 4 units of 12 gladeguard, 2 units of 8 treekin, and one eagle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.