Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
King Goldteef's Gitz - Da DUUM Train! Resurrected for 7th!

So I originally made this army for TWO editions ago and I loved the concept, it gave me a big ol' smile. Unfortunately due to money issues & school, followed by life at large and other interests, I never truly got around to making it a reality. But with the new (7th) edition here and with some nudging from my local GW's manager (And those delicious Flash Gitz) I've got to thinking I'll finally finish the damn army!

Theme: Bad Moonz, Dakka Dakka Dakka, Nomadic Gun Caravans (Everything should be mobile, picturing Ork vehicles circling a fortified position just dumping ammo at it until its no more). King Goldteef dips his enemies in molten gold and leaves em as statues to mark his conquests... but his favorites he mounts on his "Khariot" as decoration. Going to have a lot of fun with modeling and converting on this force.

The Below Lists are for 6th ED - Updated lists to come when I get the new Dex.

DA DUUUUM TRAIN!
HQ:
King Grogol Goldteef - 125
Mega Armour
Cybork Body
Attack Squig

Brog Breakfixa (Big Mek) - 95
Kustom Force Field
Cybork Body

Truups:
Goldteef's Gitz:
Shoota Boyz x20 -170
Big Shoota x2
Nob - Power Klaw, Bosspole

Shoota Boyz x20 -170
Big Shoota x2

Shoota Boyz x20 - 170
Big Shoota x2

Goldteef's Grots:
Gretchin x11 - 43
Runt Herd

Grogol's Golden Boyz:
Mega Nobz x3 - 285
Kombi-Shoota Scorchas x3
Battlewagon (King's Khariot)
Deff Rolla, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates, Kannon, Big Shoota, Wreckin Ball

Elites:
Goldteef's Gunnaz:
Lootaz x9 - 135

Lootaz x9 - 135

Fast Attack:
Da Breakfixa's Buggies:
Warbuggy - 35
Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha

Warbuggy - 35

Warbuggy - 35

Heavy Support:
Goldteef's Grindaz:
Battlewagon - 140
Deff Rolla, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates, Kannon, Big Shoota
(x20 Shoota Boyz go here)

Battlewagon - 140
Deff Rolla, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates, Kannon, Big Shoota

Battlewagon - 135
Deff Rolla, Grot Riggers, Armor Plates, Big Shoota x2

Total: 1848!

I am looking to cut this down to 1500, 1750, and get one list up to 2000. Just for a well rounded grouping of lists to play with at my store. Now I know that the general consensus in 6th edition is that the need for a Klaw Nob in each unit is much less of a priority now, so would you guys think that I should drop them? Additionally is 4 battlewagons over kill? I mean the theme is mobile nomad caravan of dakka filled doom. I could drop one and add some Kopters? More Lootas less Shootas? What about Flashgitz? I know they're extremely expensive for what they do but they have a special place in my heart. "Look'it me flash boss!"

Based on some insight from the forum at large I've considered putting a unit of Loota's in one wagon with 3 upgraded meks to repair it, any opinions?

Also, Meganobs are kind of supposed to act as my Warboss' honor guard of sorts and he makes them troops, is this an okay move or are the points better spread elsewhere?

Thanks for the insight!

------------------------------------ UPDATE ------------------------------------------------

This is the Final List - As it stands I am going to be purchasing and building towards this, however if you have any thoughts please feel free to share! Its not too late!

HQ:
King Grogol Goldteef - Warboss
Boss Pole
Attack Squig
Mega Armor
Cybork Body

Troops:
Grogolz Golden Boyz - Mega Armored Nobz x4
x4 kombi-scorcha
-- Kingz Khariot (Battlewagon)
Deff Rolla
Wreckin Ball
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2

Goldteefz Gitz - Shoota Boyz x20
x2 Big Shootaz
-- Goes in 1 Battle Wagon

x2 Big Shootaz

Goldteefz Gitz - Shoota Boyz x30
x3 Big Shootaz
-- March forward to hold mid field objective / or rear objective as needed.

Da Pit Crew - Gretchin x11
x1 Runt Herd
-- Mans Aegis + Quad!

Elites:
Goldteefz Gunnaz - Lootas x15
x3 Mek w/ Big Shoota

Heavy Support:
Goldteefz Grindaz - Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2
-- Shootas go here.

Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2
-- Shootas go here.

Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2

Fast Attack:
Breakfixaz Buggies - Warbuggy x3
Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha x3

Twin Linked Big Shoota x3

Fortifications:
Aegis Defense Line (Da Pit Stop) x1
Quad-Gun

Total: 1998!

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Not the reply you must wait, but I merged the two lists and made some cleanup work. Sorry if it confused you. BTW its a little slow those days in the Ork forum but sooner or later some grot will pass through!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Some idea's for you.

1) Drop the armor plates off the wagons. They're far less useful now (since glances no longer have a damage table). Only a 1 in 6th chance of getting a stunned result from a pen.

2) Are you planning on assaulting with your shoota boys? Or are you more likely going to shoot everyone up, then assault only if the wagon is wiped out (or be assaulted). If so, there isn't any real reason to give a nob a PK if that is now a last resort item.
a) Because nobs can now be challenged, the PK means he will go last, and with a 6+ save he'll most likely die before swinging.
b) Replace the PK with a big choppa and heavy armor. Now he'll have a chance to swing (and actually do some damage), and the armor might let him save. If you don't want to give up the PK, at least use the armor plate point savings to give them all avy armor :).

Use the extra points to add more loota's, add more guns to wagons, add more meganobz, etc. I'd also consider adding big guns (since you have a free heavy slot), as they are AWESOME now. (T7 multiwound kannons with 3+ armor saves)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2000 points.

So here is a 2k list I munged together last night. I don't have my book on hand and this is off memory, so no point costs.

HQ:
Boss Pole
Attack Squig
Mega Armor
Cybork Body

Brog Breakfixa - Big Mek
Kustom Force Field
Cybork Body

Troops:
Grogolz Golden Boyz - Mega Armored Nobz
x3 kombi-scorcha
Deff Rolla
Wreckin Ball
Grot Riggers
Kannon
Big Shoota x1

x2 Big Shootaz

x2 Big Shootaz

x3 Big Shootaz
-- Rear Objective Holder

Elites:
x3 Mek w/ Big Shoota

Heavy Support:
Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Kannon
Big Shoota x1

Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Kannon
Big Shoota x1

Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Kannon
Big Shoota x1

Fast Attack:

Fortifications:
Quad-Gun

If memory serves I had about 35 points left over in the end. I was considering giving one of the Wagons a Kill Kannon.

Is there any way to make Flash Gitz viable without the 500 point dump to get a decked out full unit? If I wanted to use this unit what would you recommend I drop to make up the points?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow that's a heck of a list. I've never been a fan of flash gitz for two reasons.
1) Can't take a battlewagon, so you have to waste 2 heavy slots.
2) limited # of shots + poor bs = ineffective.
3) T4 means FNP not as effective as if they were nob bikers @ T5)
4) 3 Dakkajet's cost less, and output so much firepower as to make the flash gitz look downright weedy. 3x (9 TL BS3 Str6 shots, x2 if you waargh that turn)

I don't know how to improve your list really. With 13 vehicles on the board, they're going to have major issues dealing with your stuff. I'd have a suggestion about a dakkajet, but I think you really need 9 warrbuggies to prevent them from being rapidly wiped out.

If you find the KFF is ineffective (I find sometimes its a hinderance in these type of lists), consider using all those points with your remaining points, to upgrade as many things to rockets as possible, so you have massive amounts of rocket and kannon spam.

Don't forget a unit of grots to man the ADL...unless shoota boyz are going there.

The killkannon is an ordance weapon...you can't snap fire it. Fun thing about the BW's now, is you can move them 12 (13 RPJ) and everything can still fire snap shots (both guys inside and the guns on the wagon!).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Greggles,

I thought the whole nomadic caravan of doom works well with the numbers.

the 30 Shootas would man the Aegis methinks.

Snap shots from the BW's is the name of the game, allowing me to push up rapidly whilst unleashing loads of ammunition.

In terms of Rokkits, I wanted the list to be based around firing tons of bullets, so I only wanted to take rokkits on a "I need AP" basis.

I was thinking the Big Mek would go with Grogol's Khariot, keeping it at 5++ and repairing it if it gets damaged.. naturally i'll have to run a relatively tight ship to make complete use of the KFF. If it doesn't work out should I get a different HQ or just drop the Mek altogether?

If I used the Flash Gits I'd put them into one of the Battle Wagons I'm using now, or maybe even a Stompa down the road. But yeah 24" range, 2 shots, not super impressive. Hopefully the next dex will make them more viable! I do like the no cover saves though. Means they could really mess up even Terminators potentially.

So the Kill Kannon would make the wagon a back field artillery piece eh, would be more worth while to get Big Gunz at that point and just have 3 Kannons instead.. or even Zzaps.

The Dakkajet has crossed my mind, but I really wanted a ground based armies. So to counter enemy fliers I have 12 Lootas & the Quad, should be enough at this point level don't you think?

Any thoughts on the Meks with the Lootas, big shootas or kustom mega blastas?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I thought the whole nomadic caravan of doom works well with the numbers.
Just the intimidation of it is enough to make most people start sweating. I once ran 9 buggies in a full kan wall, with some battle wagons. It was beyond absurd!

the 30 Shootas would man the Aegis methinks.
I haven't used one yet, but 30 shoota's takes up a lot of space. Don't know how the ADL line works though. They could probably focus fire at the boys not in the lines defense.

In terms of Rokkits, I wanted the list to be based around firing tons of bullets, so I only wanted to take rokkits on a "I need AP" basis.
Got ya. I primarily play MEQ players, so I try to go for an excess of AP3 if I can. But Ton's of shots is crazy crazy fun. LOL at your opponents face when you open fire the first time :).

I was thinking the Big Mek would go with Grogol's Khariot, keeping it at 5++ and repairing it if it gets damaged.. naturally i'll have to run a relatively tight ship to make complete use of the KFF. If it doesn't work out should I get a different HQ or just drop the Mek altogether?
I'd drop. I used to run KFF's in my kan lists and BW lists...and I found they held me back. I spent a lot of time trying to make sure everything was in this tight group, all protected. It works good for strategy, but slows down the army, and it reduces your fun level. (because you are constantly worried about being in the KFF range). I think if you are going to tournament stuff, it is probably worth it. But for fun games with friends or at the store, it might be a lot more fun to just drop him and use the points for something more fun. (MOAR MEGANOBZ....sorry i love manz :) )

If I used the Flash Gits I'd put them into one of the Battle Wagons I'm using now, or maybe even a Stompa down the road. But yeah 24" range, 2 shots, not super impressive. Hopefully the next dex will make them more viable! I do like the no cover saves though. Means they could really mess up even Terminators potentially.
I'm excited for the new orks, after seeing a parts list get leaked. IF you haven't seen it, enjoy :).

201x range
Ork Warbuggy / Deff Racer Plastic- box (buggy size)
Ork Deff Koptas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Ork Gun Fortress / Mega Tellyporta Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Meganobz / Painboy Cyborks Plastic- box (infantry size)
Ork Flying Fortress / Rokk Launcha Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Wartrakk Skorcha / Flakk Trakk Plastic- box (buggy size)
Ork Big Guns / Pulsa Launchas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Ork Flash Gitz / Tellyporta Nobz Plastic- box (infantry size)
Ork Klan Fort Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Boar Squigs Finecast- box (07 size)
Ork Squiggotaur Finecast- box (09 size) - divergent affixes: mf
Ork Warphead Finecast- clamshell
Ork Painboy with Cleava Harness Finecast- clamshell
Ork Grot Nurses Finecast- clamshell
Wazzdakka Gutsmek Finecast- clamshell
Gorbuzz ThreeEye Finecast- clamshell
Gritlegg Maksmesh Finecast- clamshell
Boss-Kommissa Grotzki Finecast- clamshell

So the Kill Kannon would make the wagon a back field artillery piece eh, would be more worth while to get Big Gunz at that point and just have 3 Kannons instead.. or even Zzaps.
I think the kill kannon is short ranged too (24 maybe?), so its even a poor artillery piece. Big gun cannons would be way more effective. Especially with T7, 3+, and as many wounds as grots.

The Dakkajet has crossed my mind, but I really wanted a ground based armies. So to counter enemy fliers I have 12 Lootas & the Quad, should be enough at this point level don't you think?
I am the only one with flyers right now, so can't comment on that! lol

Any thoughts on the Meks with the Lootas, big shootas or kustom mega blastas?
[/quote]
If they are in the wagon, the mek's have mek tools too, and can rep the wagon. Probably big shoota's, since your armor ignoring powers are in volume, not AP ratings. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just the intimidation of it is enough to make most people start sweating. I once ran 9 buggies in a full kan wall, with some battle wagons. It was beyond absurd!
Even though the majority could clip a dime on the road and explode like a 80's hollywood car chase.

I haven't used one yet, but 30 shoota's takes up a lot of space. Don't know how the ADL line works though. They could probably focus fire at the boys not in the lines defense.
Thats a good point, maybe I should try and fit in a small unit of Grots for the Aegis and just have the Shoota's advance on foot behind the wall of vehicles, maybe to take a midfield objective?

Got ya. I primarily play MEQ players, so I try to go for an excess of AP3 if I can. But Ton's of shots is crazy crazy fun. LOL at your opponents face when you open fire the first time :).
Most of my local store is Marine or Chaos players, with a smattering of Necron / Nids / Eldar. My store on average is 50% marines (Myself included, Iron Hands are my primary army). So I understand you're thought process. My marines are mostly plasma totting, so I wanted to go a different route with these guys. The more rolls they make on that armor the more times they'll fail. Almost as reliable as having a solid AP. I only need to worry about popping transports and tanks. Right now I only have Kannons / Lootas / MANZ / rokkit buggies. I think that should be enough with average luck and rolls, no?

I'd drop. I used to run KFF's in my kan lists and BW lists...and I found they held me back. I spent a lot of time trying to make sure everything was in this tight group, all protected. It works good for strategy, but slows down the army, and it reduces your fun level. (because you are constantly worried about being in the KFF range). I think if you are going to tournament stuff, it is probably worth it. But for fun games with friends or at the store, it might be a lot more fun to just drop him and use the points for something more fun. (MOAR MEGANOBZ....sorry i love manz :) )
I could see that, but at the same time I want to ensure the wagons get to the front, especially since my Boss and his Golden Boyz are geared for stompin up close and propa' so I could keep the Mek and just drop the KFF for points, that way it can repair the wagon as it goes? That might gimme enough points for that unit of Grotz actually.

I'm excited for the new orks, after seeing a parts list get leaked. IF you haven't seen it, enjoy :).

201x range
Ork Warbuggy / Deff Racer Plastic- box (buggy size)
Ork Deff Koptas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Ork Gun Fortress / Mega Tellyporta Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Meganobz / Painboy Cyborks Plastic- box (infantry size)
Ork Flying Fortress / Rokk Launcha Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Wartrakk Skorcha / Flakk Trakk Plastic- box (buggy size)
Ork Big Guns / Pulsa Launchas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Ork Flash Gitz / Tellyporta Nobz Plastic- box (infantry size)
Ork Klan Fort Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Boar Squigs Finecast- box (07 size)
Ork Squiggotaur Finecast- box (09 size) - divergent affixes: mf
Ork Warphead Finecast- clamshell
Ork Painboy with Cleava Harness Finecast- clamshell
Ork Grot Nurses Finecast- clamshell
Wazzdakka Gutsmek Finecast- clamshell
Gorbuzz ThreeEye Finecast- clamshell
Gritlegg Maksmesh Finecast- clamshell
Boss-Kommissa Grotzki Finecast- clamshell
A few things sound cool, a few things sound interesting, and a few things I don't even know WHAT to think. Plastic warbuggies would make my life easier, and plastic Flash Gitz means they might be making them viable! Also, Tellyportas? Hell yes.

I think the kill kannon is short ranged too (24 maybe?), so its even a poor artillery piece. Big gun cannons would be way more effective. Especially with T7, 3+, and as many wounds as grots.
The only issue is I've gone and used up all my heavy slots on Wagons, so forget the Kill Kannon and the Big Gunz, I got Battle Wagons! Hey, do you think Zzap's might be better on one or two wagons to help with enemy vehicles?

I am the only one with flyers right now, so can't comment on that! lol
Ah I see, my Marines currently have no anti-air, so I barely won a game against a Chaos player with a Helldrake, fliers are vicious! Might have to get a Aegis for my marines too! I mean the Dakkajet is cool and it fits in with the "Dakka" portion of my theme, but it isn't Mad Max enough, its too Speed Freak for me I think...but who knows what the future holds?

If they are in the wagon, the mek's have mek tools too, and can rep the wagon. Probably big shoota's, since your armor ignoring powers are in volume, not AP ratings. :)
See that was my thinking. The Meks keep yet another wagon moving forward. The shootas have volume of fire & can start firing 12" sooner than the Mega Blasta. Also, 3 shots at str 5 might have a comparable chance of wounding a standard marine vs a str 8, ap 2. AND I don't need to sweat the get's hot rule taking out a valuable mek.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Even though the majority could clip a dime on the road and explode like a 80's hollywood car chase.
Yup! But if they shoot a buggy, they aren't shooting something else.

Thats a good point, maybe I should try and fit in a small unit of Grots for the Aegis and just have the Shoota's advance on foot behind the wall of vehicles, maybe to take a midfield objective?
Possibly. Though my lists are so lazy these days, almost no foot sloggers. I put everyone in BW's and take flyers, and move like 5 models a turn...until someone blows something up, then my boyz GET ANGRY. (cause i gotta get them out)

Right now I only have Kannons / Lootas / MANZ / rokkit buggies. I think that should be enough with average luck and rolls, no?
Don't forget the deff rolla on all the wagons. That's your main anti-tank actually. (since its str 10 d6)

I could see that, but at the same time I want to ensure the wagons get to the front, especially since my Boss and his Golden Boyz are geared for stompin up close and propa' so I could keep the Mek and just drop the KFF for points, that way it can repair the wagon as it goes? That might gimme enough points for that unit of Grotz actually.
Try with and without. I generally find the wagons are pretty resilient to fire (from the front) unless you're playing tau. Then it doesn't really matter....freaking rails. I think it would be an easier (take the KFF) if it was the original 4+ save. I can't even play a walker list vs my tau buddy. He would knock out 2-4 kans a round. By the time they were in range, they were all dead.

For a good time (if you want 2 HQ's...pull out the Shokk gun Big Mek...large blast does max damage even if it barely touches a vehicle now. That's some ranged anti tank, and hilarity)

A few things sound cool, a few things sound interesting, and a few things I don't even know WHAT to think. Plastic warbuggies would make my life easier, and plastic Flash Gitz means they might be making them viable! Also, Tellyportas? Hell yes.
I want to know what the flying fortress is. If it's an ork flying transport, I am going to shed tears of joy all over the forums in celebration.

The only issue is I've gone and used up all my heavy slots on Wagons, so forget the Kill Kannon and the Big Gunz, I got Battle Wagons! Hey, do you think Zzap's might be better on one or two wagons to help with enemy vehicles?
I think the kannon's will be more reliable. I think the average rolls on a 2d6 are 6, 7, and 8 which is why they didn't really cripple assault ranges. But ap2 DOES give +1 to the damage table now.....hmmmmmmmmmm

Ah I see, my Marines currently have no anti-air, so I barely won a game against a Chaos player with a Helldrake, fliers are vicious! Might have to get a Aegis for my marines too! I mean the Dakkajet is cool and it fits in with the "Dakka" portion of my theme, but it isn't Mad Max enough, its too Speed Freak for me I think...but who knows what the future holds?
Ha I'm painting mine bad moons, cause i figure the evil sunz can't afford them. (plus who needs red paint when you have to go a minimum of 18 inches!!!). That helldrake is ridiculous. It's barely any more points then a dakkajet (i think its 170 vs 135/140 with ace and 3 shoota's), and it's av12 front and side...and can vector strike things. And has a heavy 4 Str 8 autocannon...on a turret. Ya that thing should be the same price as the av12 marine flyer thing...closer to LR pricing. If I was a chaos player, I'd take 3 every game.

See that was my thinking. The Meks keep yet another wagon moving forward. The shootas have volume of fire & can start firing 12" sooner than the Mega Blasta. Also, 3 shots at str 5 might have a comparable chance of wounding a standard marine vs a str 8, ap 2. AND I don't need to sweat the get's hot rule taking out a valuable mek.
Look at it this way. If you run into a daemon player, ap and instant death don't matter...but volume fire kills everything. :) Dakka dakka!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So the only topic we are out to lunch on if the prospect of Zzaps on my Wagons eh? Also, the SAG could be fun, but the question is would the points be worth the hilarity over getting something a little more reliable? I have limited funds so I wanna make sure I am going to be happy using whatever I buy for a good stretch of time.

Also, Bad Moonz iz best. I have always liked the ostentatious boyz. Mine are going to have gold metals on their guns n gubbins. Aww yeah.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think you have a really solid list. Basically my last few comments were more about things to try then anything else. Kinda of a side board to the list. Your key components are already dead ard.

On the zaap guns. I think they would be more effective if you used them on a wagon which also had rocket launchers. If you are using the zaap gun as anti tank, having to shoot big shoota's at the same target might be pretty ineffective. (shoota boyz can always shoot at something else).

Now if it's only a zaap gun on the wagon, now that's a different story!

Ha nice on the gold bits. I was planning on painting a gold tooth on some of the nobz...figure they pay with teeth, so probably wanted to replace their lost tooth with something :).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So if I drop the Big Mek completely & drop the Kannons & Big Shootas from two wagons I would have a total of 160 points to play with. With this I could get:

10 Gretchin + Runt Herd for Aegis - 40pts
Add x1 Zzap gun to two wagons + x2 Rokkits each - 70 pts
-- I was thinking these wagons would carry the shoota boyz. This means the enemy will have a sizable threat from all vehicles. Warboss + MANZ, Lootaz, Zzapz and Rokkits x2. That, coupled with the Buggies, means no matter what they focus on popping they will have a world of pain firing at them next turn. Under Zzap gun it says any roll above 10 kills a Gretchin crew, how does that work when its on a vehicle?

This leaves me with 50 points to play with, and I have four potential big mek strategies:

Big Mek - No Gear, just there to repair the Kingz Khariot to ensure it gets to its target.

Big Mek - Shokk Attack Gun - A Tempting prospect because it is super dakka, but he won't be repairing anything. I'd have to limit the Wagon modifications for this.

Big Mek - Mega Armor, Cybork (Maybe Burna, Attack Squig, Boss Pole, Oilers?) - Potentially more expensive than the SAG, but I can't deny that I like the idea of taking a standard Big Mek decked out as a MANZ just so he can repair the wagon and then engage with the Golden Boyz and the King when its time to get stuck in. His statline is almost identical to a MANZ too! I'd be paying an extra 35 points for the ability to keep the wagon up, but its a neat idea and one you don't see put into practice often..

Big Mek - Non-existant. I could just not add him and keep all the point for other things, like additional MANZ or Grots.

I could also add another Manz and have a smattering of points left as well? I could also only upgrade a single Wagon to be a Zzap Trap w/ Rokkits and maybe get 2 additional MANZ? What about Nobz for my Shoota units? I could also upgrade the Wagons more, bulk up the Gretchins, or somethin?

While I like the idea of the Kustom Force Field, the prospect of trying to mush all these wagons and buggies together for a 5++ save seems kind of silly, as ordnance will have a field day regardless... best to be spread out. So again, it would only be the Mek for repairs and baby sitting, stomping, or blasting... or not at all.. hehe

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Under Zzap gun it says any roll above 10 kills a Gretchin crew, how does that work when its on a vehicle?

Doesn't apply to vehicles! (Only big guns). Vehicles also don't use the Grot BS. (need 5's to hit).

On the big mek. Here is something to consider. Is taking a big mek, with a KFF, to get a 5+ cover save (if it was invuln I'd probably always take it...come on 6th edition codex!!!), worth not having ANOTHER battlewagon. (Kff big mek = battlewagon price).

If you were fielding dakkajets, I'd say take a warphead instead. His chance of waarghing every turn doubles the dakkajet fire...which is so absurd your opponents will complain...unless they are chaos with their stupid dragon of death...which you can't fault too much cause it looks awesome.

Anyway, rambling...i just built another dakkajet last night, so its on my mind...and man its hard to paint bad moons. I think i finally settled on base of ivan darksun, then coat of golden yellow, then a wash of sepia. (over white primer) Seems to look decent.

My test ork. Upper left, ivan + golden + sepia. Upper right. Ivan + sepia. Lower left, ivan + golden + purple wash. Lower right, ivan + purple wash.

In your list, I'd personally add a 4th meganob (so it matches the size of a terminator group...plus i love meganobz). But really, I think you need to just start playing and refine the list from there!

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Dakkajets are the way forward when it comes to Orky firepower, especially when they can dish out nine S7 AP4 twin linked shots a turn and eighteen shots when they Waaagh!!! Plane. Even terminators have to be careful around these things.

JvK B)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doesn't apply to vehicles! (Only big guns). Vehicles also don't use the Grot BS. (need 5's to hit).

On the big mek. Here is something to consider. Is taking a big mek, with a KFF, to get a 5+ cover save (if it was invuln I'd probably always take it...come on 6th edition codex!!!), worth not having ANOTHER battlewagon. (Kff big mek = battlewagon price).

If you were fielding dakkajets, I'd say take a warphead instead. His chance of waarghing every turn doubles the dakkajet fire...which is so absurd your opponents will complain...unless they are chaos with their stupid dragon of death...which you can't fault too much cause it looks awesome.

Anyway, rambling...i just built another dakkajet last night, so its on my mind...and man its hard to paint bad moons. I think i finally settled on base of ivan darksun, then coat of golden yellow, then a wash of sepia. (over white primer) Seems to look decent.

My test ork. Upper left, ivan + golden + sepia. Upper right. Ivan + sepia. Lower left, ivan + golden + purple wash. Lower right, ivan + purple wash.

In your list, I'd personally add a 4th meganob (so it matches the size of a terminator group...plus i love meganobz). But really, I think you need to just start playing and refine the list from there!
[/COLOR]
I gotta admit I do kind of fancy decking out a Big Mek as a Meganob, its something you rarely see and it has the added bonus of being Cybork as well as repairing the wagon as it goes? Sure its probably going to end up being twice the cost of a normal MANZ...but it IS cool.

The Zzap's hitting on 5's makes me kind of nervous, but wait don't they have blast? So its just a matter of scattering? I don't have my book on hand.

I think the yellow looks pretty sharp. I'm going to have to get used to using white primer. I want my Boyz to have a more olive coloured skin tone, a golden yellow armor, gold metallics (maybe chipped, so gold painted steel or whatever), and black details / cloth. Oh and any glass will be purple (scopes, bionic eyes, etc). I'll show you my test when I get to it.. need to buy the paints and primer first! So you partake of the mass wash mentality? Apparently it is super effective but I don't know if I will be doing it or not. I might try dry brushing and washing.. I dunno.

As for the Aegis, I think I came up with a clever way to make it fit the mobile theme... put it on WHEELS! Thats right, have it be a massive gun trailer, with a hitch and everything! So it gets dropped off in the back as the rest of the boys rush forward. I've dubbed it "Da Pit Stop" because its where all the grots with the spare tires, ammo, plates and the like store everything and touch up the vehicles when the fightings over. I think it would be really cool when its all said and done.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Will reply more tommorrow... But played today. Put zap guns on wagons after u mentioned it. One shot a raider with a str 10 hit. Basically won me the game as it had max dark lances!!

On the MANZ Warboss vs Big Mek. I think most people go for the warboss because of the T5. It's a bit more difficult to ID the warboss in CC, where as the big mek will fall to powerfists in a single strike. For 25 points, you get +1 WS, +1T, +1S +1Wound, +1A +1 ld. Listen to me, I'm powergaming again lol.

The Zaaps don't have a blast. Just a direct fire AP2 str 2d6 shot on a BS of 2. It misses a lot. But then you one shot a raider and laugh.

Oh make sure to look over the new damage table...i thought powerclaws got more effective...they didn't! You can't wreck something on a result of 5 now! It has to be a 6, or you have to hull point it to death! (loota's got a 5 result on the DE plane, but it only immobilized it)

As for the wash...its very effective on doing groups of boyz. On my HQ's i did normal paint, and on the nobz I'm doing washes again, to try and match the boyz squad. The nice thing about washes is they tend to flow into crevices, and so it doesn't take anywhere near the time it takes with actual paint. I don't do "all" washes...as I am doing drybrushing for the metal bits, and some actual paint for the yellow. But the washes provide most of the bitz I'd miss, as well as doing free highlighting/shadowing.

Here is the simpliest washes I've done. Its basically white primer + devlan mud everywhere, + double tharka green for skin. 50/50 badab black/chaos black for pants. Double baal red wash for tunic. Badab black wash for metals. Purple wash for tongue. End with devlan mud (light) to pull it all together.
zoomed

Distance

It's a great table top quality.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will reply more tommorrow... But played today. Put zap guns on wagons after u mentioned it. One shot a raider with a str 10 hit. Basically won me the game as it had max dark lances!!
You better! I like long replies. Nothing galls me more than making a long post and having someone say "cool" in response. Not that thats what you did, just saying. As for the Zzaps that is bad ass! See, just having the potential to do stuff like that is awesome, although I am no wizard on single dice rolls, usually end up with 3 or less when it really counts, but hey its not like a Kannon allows for multiple rolls anyway right?

On the MANZ Warboss vs Big Mek. I think most people go for the warboss because of the T5. It's a bit more difficult to ID the warboss in CC, where as the big mek will fall to powerfists in a single strike. For 25 points, you get +1 WS, +1T, +1S +1Wound, +1A +1 ld. Listen to me, I'm powergaming again lol.
It wasn't a question of Warboss vs. Mek, I'm taking the Warboss no matter what. The question was how to equip a Big Mek if I decide to take one and I thought throwing it into Mega Armor and tooling it out would be unique, keep the wagon moving forward, and provide an additional MANZ in combat once the boyz get stuck in. Its a little costly just for the potential to repair a wagon and maybe get Cybork, but it would provide some neat conversion opportunities. Then there is bare bones, shokk attack gun, and none at all. Oh and do power game, I have no illusions that other people will do it with their lists. I am all for being competitive so long as I can adhere to my theme.

The Zaaps don't have a blast. Just a direct fire AP2 str 2d6 shot on a BS of 2. It misses a lot. But then you one shot a raider and laugh.
Yeah, I am far from an amazing dice roller which is part of the reason I wanted to make this list be a number of dice thing. Yet the more I think about it, the more I like having the Zzaps just as additional threat to vehicles. If it hits, awesome, if it doesn't, well maybe it will lure some enemy fire anyway.

Oh make sure to look over the new damage table...i thought powerclaws got more effective...they didn't! You can't wreck something on a result of 5 now! It has to be a 6, or you have to hull point it to death! (loota's got a 5 result on the DE plane, but it only immobilized it)
PClaws on MANZ are Str 10 right? Or is that just the Warboss. I didn't really plan on using my MANZ as Kan Openers anyway, ideally I want them to chop up the squishy stuff inside something the Khariot pops with the Deff Rolla. When you immobilize a plane doesn't it count as destroyed? Since it plummets to the earth and cannot maintain the minimum move of 16" or whatever? Or was it just a skimmer? Or does Eldar stuff work differently?

As for the wash...its very effective on doing groups of boyz. On my HQ's i did normal paint, and on the nobz I'm doing washes again, to try and match the boyz squad. The nice thing about washes is they tend to flow into crevices, and so it doesn't take anywhere near the time it takes with actual paint. I don't do "all" washes...as I am doing drybrushing for the metal bits, and some actual paint for the yellow. But the washes provide most of the bitz I'd miss, as well as doing free highlighting/shadowing.
I picked up some yellow, yellow wash, & an olivesque wash yesterday. Gunna attempt to do a test model in the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted. You're boys look great, though they are lacking in yellow ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We all know this feeling... - Imgur

When you immobilize a plane doesn't it count as destroyed?

NO!!! (which sucks) Its throttle gets stuck. So if someone zoomed 36 inches, and you immobilize it, it can only move 36 inches. Flyers are weird. I enjoy them, but it sucks if the other players don't have one. I kinda of like trying to dogfight each other above the other battle. (similar to x-wing minatures).

Got ya on the big mek. Hrm. I think if you do take one it should def have a shokk gun. I had so much fun with that yesterday. I just love the orky stuff. My list was hilarious.

Greggles Random:
HQs:
Big Mek Shokk gun
Weirdboy warphead

7 loota's (big mek here)
5 loota's

two battles wagons with shoota boyz (weirdboy in one) [zaap guns on the wagons]
Trukk with choppa boyz
Gretchin for no reason

Dakkajet

3 killa kans (grot zookas)
1 Deff dread (troop)

Rolled an 11 on the first shot of the shokk gun. Almost wiped his archon right out. Was throwing down decent damage most of the game. Watch out for those dark eldar jet bikes! They tore my loota's and grots apart!

I think I'm actually setting the zaaps on all the wagons now. As you said, having the threat and option is great. I'm going to drop the 2 rocket launchers and put 4 big shoota's on the wagons instead. Might as well dakka it up. I don't think i hit with a single rokkit shot the whole game.

Manz are str 8, +1 on charge (so 9 on the first turn).

Ha and ya. All the new orks will be yellow guys :).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We all know this feeling... - Imgur
Got ya on the big mek. Hrm. I think if you do take one it should def have a shokk gun. I had so much fun with that yesterday. I just love the orky stuff. My list was hilarious.
Would that also be the most competitive place for the points? It doesn't matter though, if I swap over to Shokk's on all teh Wagons + More shootas I won't have the points for a second HQ regardless.. or should I keep two sets of Kannons just to mix it up? Every time I think a question gets answered it just creates more questions!

Greggles Random:
HQs:
Big Mek Shokk gun
Weirdboy warphead

7 loota's (big mek here)
5 loota's

two battles wagons with shoota boyz (weirdboy in one) [zaap guns on the wagons]
Trukk with choppa boyz
Gretchin for no reason

Dakkajet

3 killa kans (grot zookas)
1 Deff dread (troop)
Looks like an interesting list! Sounds like you were rolling up a storm though, lucky dice iz nice.

Rolled an 11 on the first shot of the shokk gun. Almost wiped his archon right out. Was throwing down decent damage most of the game. Watch out for those dark eldar jet bikes! They tore my loota's and grots apart!

I think I'm actually setting the zaaps on all the wagons now. As you said, having the threat and option is great. I'm going to drop the 2 rocket launchers and put 4 big shoota's on the wagons instead. Might as well dakka it up. I don't think i hit with a single rokkit shot the whole game.

Manz are str 8, +1 on charge (so 9 on the first turn).
See you almost one shot the plane with a Zzap and almost nuke his HQ with a Shokk, the dice were really with you bud. Then again if I drop the Rokkits and take Shootas i'll save some points that way, might not be too bad after all. Yeah, my MANZ are there to kill enemy hard infantry I think, like Termies. More pointedly I intend to rush enemy HQ's or MC's with them, cause Grogol can put out some serious damage (5 attacks) on his own, let alone his bodyguard!

Ha and ya. All the new orks will be yellow guys :).
Bad Moonz is best.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Final Cut!

2000 points.

Here is a refined 2k list without any outstanding points! (Well okay, there is 2 outstanding points.)

HQ:
Boss Pole
Attack Squig
Mega Armor
Cybork Body

Troops:
Grogolz Golden Boyz - Mega Armored Nobz x4
x4 kombi-scorcha
Deff Rolla
Wreckin Ball
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2

x2 Big Shootaz

x2 Big Shootaz

x3 Big Shootaz
-- March forward to hold mid field objective / or rear objective as needed.

Da Pit Crew - Gretchin x11
x1 Runt Herd
-- Mans Aegis + Quad!

Elites:
x3 Mek w/ Big Shoota

Heavy Support:
Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2
-- Shootas go here.

Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2
-- Shootas go here.

Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
Zzap Gun
Big Shoota x2

Fast Attack:

Fortifications:
Quad-Gun

Total: 1998!

---

I actually got some paint and started brushing up my test mini for the Gitz, so far I am really excited with how the test is turning out. Not my best work since I was sort of rushing to get the colours down, but i'll post a pic when he's all finished and get your input!

Should be posted in the next few days I'd imagine.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts