Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again people! Whilst this might not strictly be a wargaming miniature yet(The rules are not released until next year) I thought it is still relevant, and hopefully, an interesting subject to all you figure painters out there.

Kingdom Death is a small company that is producing a range of very limited edition figures and I was lucky enough to get hold of their second release; the Manhunter. Here is the website for those intrigued- Kingdom Death

Here is a work-in-progress shot of my Manhunter so far

The skin will receive a glaze or two of Baal Red. The clothing will be washed with the various brown washes and Badab Black to dull it all down for highlighting. On his back is a sword in a scabbard which I have basecoated with a mix of Scorched Brown, Red Gore and a touch of Badab Black. I actually recommend adding one of the washes to a colour mix because it thins it out perfectly. I shall have a couple more pictures hopefully by Monday(if there is decent natural light) Gotta love Winter.. =/

Comments, help and criticism most welcome! =]

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Looking rather awesome to me, especially the skin. I know it's not finished yet but the trousers and other areas of cloth need more shading, but from what I can tell they're just basecoated and you haven't got round to them yet. Will be interesting to see how he progresses from here :sinister:.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
He looks pretty awesomely detailed, I guess the slightly larger size helps out a bit there... was it 35mm? 38?

I went to their website and had a bit of a snoop around, I like the size comparisons they have. The Manhunter looks as though he's about the same size as a Space Marine should be, miniaturewise.

Will have to see how this guy turns out, so let's hope the sun shines for you!

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks pretty awesomely detailed, I guess the slightly larger size helps out a bit there... was it 35mm? 38?
If I remember correctly he is about 35mm, and yeah, larger scale miniatures are really good for practicing things like skin tones, as there is a much larger area to work on.

I must admit I wish I bought two of these and converted one into an Empire Witch Hunter :p

Cheers for the comments so far guys! I am highlighting his trousers and coat in between typing this lol :dance:

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a little bit more to show you all today, however I won't be able to do any more painting until Thursday/Friday because of my blacksmithing course at college =P

I am thinking of giving the red parts a brown wash in order to dull them down and bring them more in line with the rest of the mini. What do you think?

Thanks for looking guys! :D

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I quite like the reds as they are. A bit of contrast here and there isn't a bad thing!

Just my opinion, though! Good work thus far, hope the blacksmithing goes well.

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an update! =D

This figure is pretty much done except for a few last brush strokes, however I thought I'd put up some pictures now :p

Sadly the Hangman's Noose has broken off =[ but it will be fixed before the final photographs are taken.

I have decided to keep the red as it is Deadstar. I agree about the contrast :p hehe

Enjoy!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Yay! I have influenced people. Well, one person. Maybe.

The figure is looking very good, though. He seems to be getting darker every time you post pictures of him!

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He seems to be getting darker every time you post pictures of him!
Haha indeed! I blame the light :p It was an afternoon and it's generally clouded over around here at the moment(goram winter) lol. He's all done now, but I'll wait for some decent sunlight to take pictures in :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts