Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Will eat your soul.
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yet another log my fellow LO'ers. This is just gonna be a general log because my lack of concentration will eventually end up flooding the forum with half finished logs. :p

Currently i'm working on my eldar for the TOP. The colour scheme is based off saim-hann but it's a bit darker, the red is a bit brown too. If I stick to TOP i'll have a tourney to go to at the end of it. :D Motivation enough? We'll have to see.

First two of 8 Banshees painted:

Really happy with how they turned out, the testors dullcote makes the highlights alot smoother. The rest of the squad is currently being basecoated.

The banshees ride:
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/sdc11246t.jpg/

The hull is nearly done, got gems and stuff to do. Bone is also being worked on. It'll look like the banshees armour when it's done.

And don't ask, I know as much as you do as to why there is an empire militia mans head in my tank.

Cool, so let me know what you think. :soldier:

Cheers
Knight

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
YAY! Kinight's alive!!! Why didn't you tell me you were doing eldar? I could send you some stuff if ya want... (some spare banshees that I never painted). Looks like you've ogt a nice start on the eldar, so, good luck!

Cheers
-DDW

·
Eh?
454 Posts
Nice start man! As ever you stuff impresses. Two questions, how are you doing the snow on your bases and why did you decide to spray the copulas on the Serpent? You can have had loads of fun with green source lighting for the pilot!

Either way, you get rep just for the Empire man's head. Most ingenious use of a cranium I have ever seen, and one that will puzzle the Ordos Xenos for decades...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great start to an Eldar army, SKnight. I do like the colour scheme. Your painting is looking amazing. Keep up the good work!

ps. I don't think there's any problems with half finished WIP threads... I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects! +Rep, +Subscription! :)

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Oh gods... another of your threads? *sigh* :p

Those Banshee's are looking funky. Though I find the bases to be a tad too plain and boring. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing more!

Kuffy

·
Will eat your soul.
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@ DDW
Thanks mate! I might have to take you up on that offer after all. Banshee recruitment has been difficult for me. :soldier:

@Sovietspace
Cheers dude, the snow is Gale Force 9 snow, it is by far the best stuff i've tried, and i've tried alot believe me. It costs $7 NZ for a bunch of the stuff, more than you wil ever need. It's good for doing icy looking snow aswell. I sprinkled a little extra over the top while it was drying to make it look softer.

I can't take credit for the militia man's head, it was the dastardly work of Death Korp of Krieg. Note to self: Never leave DKOK alone with my models, fantasy bitz and glue. :p

@DarkPhoenix
Cheers mate. I'm really looking forward to getting this army painted.

@Kuffy
Haha, i'll try and get this army painted mate. :D I intentionally did the bases a little simpler than I usually do, mostly because they end up to cluttered and distract from the model itself. They do have little bits of barbed wire scattered through the squad though and the exarchs and HQ's are all gonna have some sort of debris/cool bitz on their bases.

And SovietSpace you were wondering why I decided to spray the canopy? Well, I decided to try something a little different for it. I saw Rev's eldar on warseer and he gave his tanks a cool sort of reflecty look on the canopies.They looked so cool so I tried to replicate it as close as I could, it's not as smooth as his but still looks pretty decent me thinks. :soldier:

C&C is appreciated.

Cheers guys,
Knight

·
Will eat your soul.
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Mr.Dee
Cheers mate :D

@xBanditsx
Thanks dude, it's great to be painting/modelling again.

@DarkPhoenix
Haha, thanks mate. I havent got the pilot anymore, long story . . . just don' let kids with clippers near your sprues. I decided to leave the canopy glued shut. Didn't want to mess around with the hinge.

I changed the canopy to a dark purple instead, looks more like it's tinted. Much happier with it now, sometimes simpler is better. The layers on the canopy weren't as smooth as in the pics so it's painted like a gem instead. Pics when I get it done, nearly there now, just the bone and black left.

Started making my farseer today, he's converted from Prince Yriel, so he can be used as Yriel/Farseer/Autarch depending on what I feel like playing.

I got rid of all the iyanden iconography on him, the dragon on the staff is going to be my craftworld symbol. Not sure what to do with his head to make it more detailed? :struggle: I'm gonna also cut off the banners and make them look like the ones on this autarch I found on CoolminiorNot: http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics12/img47f411ac3b5b7.jpg

C&C is really appreciated. :soldier:

Cheers
Knight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts