Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after seeing a AoBR dreadnought that a player from dakka dakka converted into a deff dread i decided to start of my own. it is still WIP as i do not have all my parts needed yet and it was previously painted for my space marine army. also forgive picture quality and size

front view

back view

left side. also for those of you who are noticing that i used the AoBR warboss powerclaw for my DCCW and yelling at me for defiling the model ive got a few pics of my warboss after. i dont think he looks to bad but he is also a WIP

front

left side

Attachments

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
I like the Ork but the Dread looks way to much like a SM still. Needs some Orky bits and maybe more. It could be a Chaos Dread almost.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think there's two things that cause the Deff Dread to look too much like a SM Dread.

Firstly, the sarcophagus is closed and looks relatively unscathed. I might be wrong about that - I can't quite make out the details surrounding it in the pictures.

More importantly, it maintains too much similarity to the profile of a SM Dread. Iron plating (plasticard) around the hip-joint and shins to make it look blockier would probably remedy that.

Definitely looking good though! Please post more pics of your progress ^_^

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your Dredd looks pretty cool. Its seems a little small though. Small and clean. I think more scarp metal, gubbins and wear n' tear would make it look more orky. It feels almost lopsided with the power klaw being on one side and the gun being on top; but that's me nit-picking. It's still pretty cool though.

You Warboss, on the other hand, is really cool. It turned out reallly well and full of character. Maybe a large bosspole will give it a bit more authority; but its a great job still.

Great Work overall. :act-up:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thank everyone for their input. i am waiting for my trukk and warbikers to get to me. i plan on using the trukk wrekin ball as my other dreadnought close combat weapon. a warbiker front fender and handle bar head for the sarcophagus and i am going to be putting various ork glyphs and armour plates around the model as well as scratching up the pre existing paint job and model to give it the scrappy feal. my main questioning is what people thought of the power claw as a DCCW and the combination of imperial and tau parts for the big shoota on the shoulder

as for my warboss i have added to his bosspole by putting a chaos marine tank spike on top. it has an impaled tau helmit and a impaled skull on it. i also took the ork skull from the space marine scout sprew on the back of his belt. its hard to see but on the back of my warboss is an ogre club and surprisingly the ogre iron fist is a perfict fit for a ork nob arm. im planning on switching out his armour plates on his shoulders with plates from the nob sprue as well as maybe switching out his twin linked shoota for something else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.