Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
they have their own army list, i mnot sure where u can find this, but they are called mercenaries (duh) and they ahve a lot better stuff i hear, and u can ally them w/ pretty much anyone, so i hear.....

·
Registered
878 Posts
I dunno... If Tau were splitting with Kroot, they would suck even more.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
Because Kroot are only motivated by the need to eat their enemies and gain more knowledge they are very effective mericeneries. As far as i know they have their own list that is why forge world made the kroot beast(not sure if its called that) to add some heavy support. Sort of like the Nids Carnifix a living breathing engine of destruction.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know they are mercs but i what im saying is tau wont be able to use them at all i heard this from alot of my friends and im not sure where they got the info but thats why its just rumor. according to all the fluff thats has been going around tau have been doing experiments on the kroot and thats what i heard i dont know if it is true or not

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The Gnarloc isn't official yet is it?
Anyway I don't think that Kroot will break completely away from the Tau but will still remain as their "mercenaries".
I doubt that Kroot will get their own codex.... not yet anyway... but maybe eventually if enough people are using them...

·
Registered
523 Posts
I agree, I dont think the Kroot can break away because Pech the Kroot world is considered to be colonized and apart of the Tau empire. If they break away there would be fighting. The Tau would have to force them to see the error of their ways then. make all the Kroot herbivors and watch them mutate into plants. 8|

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I play Tau and I never use Kroot, there useless and a waist of points, if they seperate from the tau then good riddens, they will just add some new tau units to even it out and thats better anyways.

Kroot are useless

·
Registered
222 Posts
i think the kroot mercenaries has some really cool stuff. for 8 pts, you can have kroot with scout sniper rifles. put them in forests and you got yourself snipers for practically any army. they have so much cool stuff but everything has to be converted cause they dont sell any of them normally. they would be totally usable except that they have the most trouble taking on vehicles.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What armies can they merc for?
If they can join the 'crons then you can use a kroot fodder shield to protect your warrior fodder shield.
Actually I think you can use them as mercenaries for virtually any army...
The fact of wether you can use them or not is up to you... but think of it this way...
Some armies wil naturally not include them. Necrons will have a hard time getting living creatures as their allies. And how about 'nids using a meal as their allies?
And other armies will have a hard time too.
A deamonhunter army with inquisitors having kroots as allies? It might be possible... but then again just find a really REALLY good reason for using them and there should be nothing to stop you...
By the way isn't there something about the armies in the mercenary list in chapter approved?

Kasutta!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.