Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't care for tactical advice, so please don't give me any.

I have more than thirty unpainted and largely ignored Kroot, who rarely do anything to help my Mech Tau/Battlesuit-Spam army. Thus, I have stopped including them, with no adverse effects yet...

I have heard that Kroot Hounds drastically improve the effectiveness of Kroot, but I find them too expensive ($14 for two? No!) to purchase.

I am now considering fielding two Kroot squads with 16 Kroot Carnivores and 2 Kroot Hounds. Since I don't want to buy Hounds, what does everyone think of this conversion:

"Combat" Kroot (counts-as Kroot Hound)

-Standard Kroot
-Add Fire Warrior Shoulder Armor
-Use Knife/One-handed Kroot Rifle (arms)
-Cut off Kroot Rifle stock, replace with another barrel for "Fighting Stave" (from the Kroot Carnivore fluff, Tau Empire Codex p.29)

I think this would be different enough to create a counts-as hound.

·
Registered
491 Posts
IMO, if you find Kroot ineffective then you're not using them right. They benefit greatly from some close fire support in the form of stealth suits. If you find hounds too expensive, use chaos warhounds, in the chaos warriors core section. 10 for about £15. Easier to identify and get away with using too.

Just as a note, just because you don't want tactical advice doesn't mean you or other people don't need it, so everyone feel free to post your tactics, if not for the benefit of the OP then for the benefit of people browsing the forums or those searching on things like google.

·
Registered
156 Posts
IMO, I think its an idea, i have 27 kroot, i might look into doing something like this myself, since i rarely field them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
if you want them to still be animals the chaos warhounds are indeed the best way to go.
Personally i placed a few left over fantasy blades on my left over gun drones i had lying around. They do look like flying weed wackers but no one can argue that those things have two attacks each! ^^"

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like a fun idea, BlackDow. I might try it!

·
Stirling
760 Posts

My idea for kroot hounds was to use an "attack drone" thing but mostly because I was working on a Tau kroot conversion as I like an all Tau force.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that's really neat. What blades did you use?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think those blades are off of the kroot rifles?? Looks cool though, i might have to do something like that i think :) Nice work

·
Registered
195 Posts
ya thats how i made mine ;P
used the small knifes u get in the kroot box and made my weed wackers. I love those guys
it sure beats buying metal models >.<

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
That's very cool, haddatt. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts