Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be kool if the kroot were given some kinda calvary, like riding hounds. And when charging they can nock opponent to the ground so its kinda like pinning for close combat.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So many new ideas people have seem a perfect fit for the kroot ox to me.

The cavalry rules are already perfect for the oxen. It lumbers along at 6" per turn, but it can be whipped into a fury for the extra 12" charge.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a good idea give the ox a calvary unit, and make the carnivore squad have the option to take one and not let it take a heavy support choice kinda like a sm attack bike and then allow people to take herd of like 4 for a heavy support choice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
in the Kroot Mercenaries army list in The Third Book of the Astronomican, they have Tracker Kindred as fast attack, basically carnivores riding lesser knarlocs, wielding Kroot Hunting Rifles. What's wierd is that the followind armies may NOT use kroot mercenaries: Space Marines, Necrons, Sisters of Battle, Tyranids and TAU (*****!11)
WHAT THE *****!!! WHY CANT DOES IT REPLACE h t t p : / / g r o u p s . m s n. c o m / with {Ads-Protection}?!?!!?!?!?! GNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow wow man chill i didnt get that last part.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Forgeworld sells the gnarloc thingies, so I'll bet you could make your own easily enough if forgeworld doesn't actually sell kroot riders to go with.

That is kinda funky that the Tau can't use those modified kroot, I guess it's just because the Tau already have rules for the Kroot, and they don't want the Tau to have the advantages that the Kroot mercenary army has. Why they don't want that for the Tau, I dunno, if the Kroot mercs are fair for other armies then they seem fair for the Tau, but whatever...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Nov 14 2003, 13:00
yea the tracker kindreds are cool. too bad they dont sell those models. it would have looked cool. is there an easier way to convert them?
take a cold one from WFB, then cut of the arms, and use a krootox' head, seal with greenstuff.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Since the Kroot Mercs have been brought up, does anyone here play them? They look like a really interesting army, but I have a hard time seeing how they could be really effective. I am interested in starting a Kroot Merc army just because the models are really quite good.
Heh, of course, this will be after I finish my fourth army (Space Wolves) and It might be quite a while from now, but I'm still interested in it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok let me put it this way.
The Tau may not use kroot mercenaries because the Tau have a meaning in using kroot warriors in their armies.
They think that if given enough time with more "civilized" races they to will give up their barbaric traits and settle down for a more "normal" life.
The Kroot on the other hand think and know that this will only result in their race going into an evolutionary backwater... potentionally making them plants if they only eat plants.
So the master shapers and the shaper counsisl agreed on sending out "genetic harvesters" to give a new branch to the kroot race, thereby the kroot mercenaries were "born".

Take a Cold One from WHFB, then cut of the arms and head, and use a krootox' head, seal with greenstuff.
This is the standard way GW tells you to convers trackers... I advice you all to get your hands on the latest Chapter approved. The Kroot list is in there and the ideas for Tracker kindred and vulture kindred should also be in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.