Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Hi, just a quick one:

If a character, say an Oldblood, joins a unit of kroxigors, can they still charge through skink screens?
Hi Andre!

First off, no character could join a unit of kroxigors. Unless he is a Kroxigor himself (of which is unlikely to say the least), so in effect he can't join the unit and become part of it's special rules.

Since he's not allowed to join the unit, he can't use the special rules that they process, it's a bit like the Example below:

Let's say, he joins a unit of Saurus with the mark of Tlazoatl (Immune to psychology one), he doesn't benefit from it's effects unless he's got the Spawning himself. If you get my meaning.

The answer to your question is, Yes the Kroxigor can use their Skink Screen special rule, and No the Oldblood cannot join the unit and thus cannot charge through the Skink Screen (they block LOS).

Hope this helped :)

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
127 Posts
Characters can join the kroxigors, otherwise they wouldn't make a special rule for flyers and chameleon skinks that say: "Characters cannot join this unit".

I do not think you get the benefit from the "charge through skinks rule", though.
As a work-around, you could declare the skinks charge into another unit AND the kroxigors charge the unit you want, but there has to be another in range and sight.

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Characters can join the kroxigors, otherwise they wouldn't make a special rule for flyers and chameleon skinks that say: "Characters cannot join this unit".
At doesn't make any sense in my mind :?, looks to me that there's a loophole in the BRB rules Because I swear there's a rule in there saying that characters can't join units with multi-wound creatures. Besides that, thier 'Charge though Skink Screen' rule (forgot the real name) cannot confer onto the Oldblood that had joined it, thus meaning that the Unit cannot benefit from that rule whilst the Oldblood, or any other character for that sense, is part of that unit.

There are several disadvantages to be had in putting him in that unit (if it is legal rules-wise).

1) He cannot benefit from the 'Look out sir' Special Rule
2a) If the character hasn't got the CotJW, he will slow down the unit to a pathetic 4" move/ 8" charge.
2b) Even if he has got the CotJW, he won't be using it to it's full effect by being slowed down by 3"/6" whilst in the unit and yes, the unit can move it's full distance but cannot charge through the Skink Screen as the character does not benefit from such a rule.

Sorry for the ranting guys it's just wierd to have that pointed out, surely that can't be true. The idea may be a cool one (for that case, it's downright sneaky ;)), but it is blunted somewhat by the above points which waters-down this idea to a less than viable option.

Still, nice try though :)

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't recall ever reading a rule that says that multiple wound units cannot be joined. I will look tonight and see what I find. I am pretty sure that you can still do it, but as mentioned, there are probably better places for him to hang out.

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
There is not a rule concerning characters not being able to join multi wound units (Ever seen a Troll unit with a baby sitting Boss to raise their LD for stupidity? Well I have.).

Although the character cannot move through the skinks, the kroxigors can. So if you place your units right you can get the unit to charge through the skinks but have the character go round, and it would be legal.

1) He cannot benefit from the 'Look out sir' Special Rule
Hang on. I though we where screening the unit... How is it getting shot? (unless the opponent is overguessing with cannons, then hit him with the rulebook)

2a) If the character hasn't got the CotJW, he will slow down the unit to a pathetic 4" move/ 8" charge.
2b) Even if he has got the CotJW, he won't be using it to it's full effect by being slowed down by 3"/6" whilst in the unit and yes, the unit can move it's full distance but cannot charge through the Skink Screen as the character does not benefit from such a rule.
I would assume you would put him on a cold one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.