Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I think of it like trying to join a character to a unit of scouts. Since they lose the ability to scout it would make sense that the kroxigors lose the ability to charge through skinks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would also have to say no as it's a general rule that if a character without an ability joins a unit with a special ability, (eg scouting), then they don't just gain that special rule. I think the closest thing to it would be mounted characters who join units of fast cavalry. They don't get any of the shooting benefits of fast cavalry even though the fast cavalry still do have the rules and benefit.

I don't think that it would be right for example an Oldblood to suddenly get a special rule just because he joined a unit that could do something extra. If however he left the unit before they charge then their would be no problem with them charging through the skink screen.

I think the only people who will argue against this are Lizardmen players :p

·
Fun guy from Yuggoth
772 Posts
As long as one model can see the target of a charge the whole unit can charge. The Kroxigor can see through the skink screen so no problem.

As the character is part of the unit of Kroxigor he may charge through the skinks with them.

This is my opinion at least.
Well, I agree that because the Kroxigors can see through the skinks the unit can declare a charge. However, only the Krox can move through the skinks, not the character. So when they reached the skink unit they would have to stop, as the character would not be able to proceed any farther. Seems like the same sort of situation as a unit that can move through terrain joined by a character who can't.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
As long as one model can see the target of a charge the whole unit can charge. The Kroxigor can see through the skink screen so no problem.

As the character is part of the unit of Kroxigor he may charge through the skinks with them.

This is my opinion at least.
Yeah, like I'm a gonna trust someone named Kroxigor01 on this. :D

More seriously, I think Moglun and Esgalisil hit it on the head.

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
Yeah, like I'm a gonna trust someone named Kroxigor01 on this. :D
Drat, my deviously bias rules interpretation has been uncovered!

Well, I agree that because the Kroxigors can see through the skinks the unit can declare a charge. However, only the Krox can move through the skinks, not the character. So when they reached the skink unit they would have to stop, as the character would not be able to proceed any farther. Seems like the same sort of situation as a unit that can move through terrain joined by a character who can't.
But if the Character were to move around the skink unit it is legal. This requires very clever angling of units but is techniquely possible (also remember that you have free wheel that you can use in the charge, this extra freedom could be crutial).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.