Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing in a very unfluffy game against another necron player. It doesnt make alot of sense but bare with me. on turn two he got his monolith and deepstriked it right next to my warriors and destroyers. He then said that he could teleport my destroyers into his monolith in which they would die by some weird within 1 inch rule.

Is this a lagitament rule? in seemed to strike me as kinda odd. any help on this would be awsome.

·
I'm Back!
2,351 Posts
uh... he cant teleport units he doesn't own... common sense... and if the teleportation would kill you wouldn't it kill him too... what is this the teleporter of Doom or something.:X

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he claimed that the codex didnt specify on friendly or unfriendly models as per why they would die i have no real clue. some gliche in the rules or somen.

·
I'm Back!
2,351 Posts
he claimed that the codex didnt specify on friendly or unfriendly models as per why they would die i have no real clue. some gliche in the rules or somen.
well i cant seem to find any wording that species exactly but its just common sense. do me a favor and slap him for me.;)

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
If (big if here) you could do this, the Monolith would not be destroyed, it would be some form of tank shock, but that is beside the point.

I would argue that my units cannot teleport through his Monolith because the movement is not taking place during my Movement phase. The rules do specify the phase the portaled units move and, unfortunately, my units reject the invitation because they only move during my Movement phase.

And to prempt the comparison, the Lash is different because it specifies a target and when it takes place.

Slap him for me too. ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well, units coming out of the Monolith still need to be outside 1inch of the enemy- with a Space Marine Rhino or something this can be a problem, but the MOno it's usually ok bacause it will move and teleport units to itself, units aren't 'inside' the tank and don't need to bail out if destroyed.

But about the whole situation, does this also mean his Tomb Spyders affect your models? his Res Orbs help you? Monolith Gauss Flux Arc affects everything around it? .... you could use this to your advantage, that'd be fun and challenging, but I strongly suggest you try agree (before starting a game) that your own gear only affects your own models. (Mainly Res Orbs, Monoliths, Spyders).

I'd be quite unimpressed if someone seriously tried to do the same thing to me :rofl

Good luck on your dice rolls!

~ jonesie

·
Registered
91 Posts
The funny thing is we asked someone at the hobby shop and he said he could do it. but if he did we should hit him. as per the my movement phase thing. that makes a whole lot of sense. ill tell him that next time.

yea i am a flcl fan among other anime related things. - Meep. Type nicely, please. - Katie D

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Sounds very dodgy lol, but please give this guy a slap next time you see him. The 1" rule only applies to Deesptriking units of infantry that land too close to the enemy, then any models within 1" are auto killed.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Lemme get this straight. He says he can teleport his OPPONENT'S models through his Monolith because the codex doesn't specify friendly or unfriendly? People like this make me crazy. This is "rules lawyering" to the nth degree. Anybody says that to me, I say, "Do you REALLY need it to specify that? I mean, come ON! Really???"

If you ask him that, and he says yes, find a new partner. I don't care if you have to drive 100 miles for a game. People like that, I mean, it's just... just... *walks away mumbling*

Reactions: kore

·
Registered
116 Posts
First of all, there is no way your models would be killed by teleporting, in fact, I should think that you should get to re-roll failed We'll Be Backs from the last phase, as that is what the Monolith does when it teleports a unit of Necrons. It might also help to remind your friend that Monoliths can be hurt by the Gauss and Disruption Fields special rules, and the a model within one inch of an enemy is normally considered an assault. I agree that IF and I say if because while this reads as "Legal" it is clearly not what the rules intended, then your teleported units should be treated as assaulting the monolith. Also, as someone else said, if his Monolith can affect you, so can his Res-Orb and Spiders. See how he likes THAT!

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Aside from physical violence (which I oppose) I doubt arguing would help with this guy. Slapping might work though... Next time use his orb and tomb crawlers to your advantage. Also WBB rolls can be made if he has same troops within the 6" range of your dead guys... Let him taste his medicine!

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
If you ask him that, and he says yes, find a new partner. I don't care if you have to drive 100 miles for a game. People like that, I mean, it's just... just... *walks away mumbling*
I laughed at this description. Good one Canew.

·
King of France
737 Posts
I've has the same problem with nids and synapse, but then I 3rd ed screamer killer in a socked him, 2 D6 damage!

I'd say use give him a dose of his own medicine, or when he's asleep just sneak into his home and paint all his crons manly pink.

but seriously if he continues this, stop playing him, tell everyone about his rules lawering ways, and 3rd ed screamer killers never hurt...

·
663 Posts
He's not even rule lawyering, he's just bullshiting some rule that was not maticuliously written because its was supose to be that obvious.

Kick him in the shin for me.

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Sounds very dodgy lol, but please give this guy a slap next time you see him. The 1" rule only applies to Deesptriking units of infantry that land too close to the enemy, then any models within 1" are auto killed.
Actually it also applies for other things, such as forced disembarkation from transports.

The point remains though, stab your opponent. The prospects of gaming future would brighten considerably with his genes eliminated from the genepool. ;Y

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
Just say:

"In the shooting phase I have to choose which squad is going to shoot. I choose your destroyers. Right, now I choose the target, your destroyers are going to open fire on your scarabs. Now we check range, all fine, all your scarabs die."

Then get him to try and point out why you can't do it. Rules Lawyering always comes back to bite.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.