Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now i ahve been reading that land raiders can move 12" then the guys inside can assualt. So my question to yall is this, is a land raider worth the points for a full squad of blood claws, or maybe just 14 guys and a leader of some type.

thanks in adavance.

Wulfen_42:C

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
The Land Raider Crusader can be very worth it for a squad of 11 blood claws. I wouldn’t buy more then 11 though because rarely will you need more then that. Then of course you can add in an independent character to the unit too if you so desire.

You also have to be careful when building a list that includes a LR (or LRC), because they eat up so many points that you can quickly dwindle down the number of models you have in your army.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Well, you can expect to kill just about whatever you hit with a unit of Blood Claws like that but the problem is that it's a one-trick pony. Your opponent will likely know what's going on and will try every trick he can think of to stop you from delivering your very choppy cargo. You'll have to play extremely smart if you want to avoid that Raider from becoming scrap metal by the end of turn 2. Smoke launchers are essential as far as helping to ensure its survival and be sure to use cover to the fullest extent.

Katie D

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
I also like eleven as an optimum number of blood claws. My own list has eleven with three fists and a WGPL attached to them with another fist. I'm of the opinion that the pack leader is overkill, but I have him there for fluff reasons.

The thing about land raiders is that they are a gamble. They are not all or nothing when it comes to gaining a win, but they are close. When they are destroyed in route and your pack sits pinned like a lame duck you'll curse them and wonder why you have one in your list. When they safely deliver a pack of blood claws who jump out and inflict massive damage with their 40+ attacks you'll ask yourself how you ever won without them.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That describes the Land Raider SO well. Its always good to take at least one other scary peice of armor with a Land Raider as well. For some reason a friend of mine who plays eldar was more afriad of my Predator Anahilator with las cannon sponsons then my Land Raider Crusader... eventualy he didn't have any weapons left that could hurt it... OOPS. ^_^

... he did kill my predator tho... only after it finnished off his avatar :p

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Guthbrand and I apparently use the same tactic, take another piece of scary armor along with the LR, and sometimes your opponent will "Take the bait" and go after the predator instead of the LR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.