Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just finishing painting a Land Raider and have painted all the interior detail.

My question is, apart from taking photos and having the assault ramp work, does anyone have any good ideas for enabling people to see the painted detail?

In anticipation :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
[SIZE=-1](Note: This may not be a good idea, but its what I do with my Rhino based tanks.)[/SIZE]

You could try finding a way of having the roof so that it is removable, that way you can show off the interior under full lighting, as opposed to peering through the entry hatches.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
[SIZE=-1](Note: This may not be a good idea, but its what I do with my Rhino based tanks.)[/SIZE]

You could try finding a way of having the roof so that it is removable, that way you can show off the interior under full lighting, as opposed to peering through the entry hatches.
Totally true... I found out the hard way when I built a LRC, painted the interior and then glued the top... the only way I could take decent photos was to open the side hatches and let plenty of light through them and shoot through the ramp!

But if you do all the trouble in painting the interior... I don't know use magnets for the top?

·
517 Posts
I hinged the side doors, cut away intervening bits and filled in any holes with plasti-card. Now the doors flop open at inappropriate times... Like just when it's about to get assaulted. :(

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
I hinged the side doors, cut away intervening bits and filled in any holes with plasti-card. Now the doors flop open at inappropriate times... Like just when it's about to get assaulted. :(
Little magnets to the hull and to the end of the plasticard will solve this... ;Y

1 - 6 of 6 Posts