Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would people here take for an all GK army:

Land Raider Vs. Land Raider Crusader ??

i prefer Crusader due to higher firepower and it can still kill tanks (most likely in 24" range alot and so S8 instead of 9 and 2D6 at 12")

And also when would u take one, 1500 point or 2000 point minimum??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Probobly the normal Land raider its got great range and can still do a large amount of damage to infantry, The crusader is designed to rape infantry, not to be an Anti tank weapon like its cousin is

You should take one if you want to at around 2000 points

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
the crusader even though they should chuck the extraarmor cause of dues ex machanica

·
Registered
372 Posts
This is an interesting point.....a little before its time but anyway! The psycannon bolt upgrade is only used for secondry weapon systems......pintle mounted bolters/storm bolters. In the up comming new edition of the game (I have picked this info up on the grape vine) sponson mounted guns will count as secondry weapons. This means that in the new edition the crusaders hurricane bolters can be upgraded to strength 4 AP 4 with no invulnerable saves allowed.
Just thought I would throw that in there.

In terms of the last but one statement.........IG, Eldar, Orks, Lost+Damed, Tau and Nids all fall flat agains the guns of the crusader. Only Necrons, Marines and Sisters have a chanse.

In a DH force you should only ever take one of them as there use is limited in an army that has plenty of troop killing potential. Dispite its good aspects the lack of big tank killing stuff is a problem for the DH.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've never used a crusader, but the Land Raider is good. Use it in a Tank Battle and own, my friend, own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.