Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get out your tau codex...

Turn to page 57, the notes on tau language.

Look down the second column of words.

About 3/4 of the way down you will see Ukos

It means spoon.

WHY?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wait... i'm now seriously considering calling my commander:

Shas'o Dal'yth M'yen Ukos

Lit: Commander unforseen spoon from Dal'yth

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well if you read the story on the left side it shows a leter that is written and it shows a few words from her experiance in the tau empire, things she had to use or say.

Hehehe Dal'yth Tau are cool. My Commander is named, Shas'O Dal'yth Kais Shi

·
Registered
340 Posts
This thread just gave me the idea for my commander's name.

Shas'o Tau Gue'la Kauyon

Commander Tau (Are you supposed to have the sept name there?) Human Hunter. It really shows off my hate for the damned imperium (picked it up while playing chaos)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, unforseen spoons all the way :D

Onion, the second part of the name (Tau in your case) tells you where they are from, so yours is from the homeworld.

ShaselMudd, to strive for skillful water mirror? Eh?

N E way, you forgot the sept :p :p

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well Inciner8or you have to remember the Por J'Kaara is my worlds name. Thats my sept where he was born and raised, a created world on the fringes of the Tau empire. The fluff for my planet is its mainly made of renowned diplomats who go out and try to expand the Tau empire and they take along troops to enforce the Taus claims of ownership. Water Mirror Water for the diplomat caste and water because its like a mirror and the planet is primarily a water mass. There is more fluff but I am still working on it. ANd then the last part is his name the continuous quest to strive to be the best or skilful. Kais is always working to be a better soldier and leader. And to bring more worlds under the sway of the Tau empire for the Greater Good. Thats why its the way it is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fair enough, i was just literally translating from the words in the book...

And no, spoons are much greater than cheese. ANd don't start a flame war over spoons and cheese. Spoons are clearly better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well... unfortunately I don't think I can compete on the Spoon/Cheese front.

My commander is Shas'o Fo'rann Sa'cea Kais Mal'caor... commonly called Janus - admittedly because I tend to be a swing player when friends and I do a allied-up game.

Its good to be 'Neutral'! B)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by Inciner8or@May 21 2003, 00:46
Fair enough, i was just literally translating from the words in the book...

And no, spoons are much greater than cheese. ANd don't start a flame war over spoons and cheese. Spoons are clearly better.
Actually I have to agree with you. There just so powerfull!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think I play my tau really well. People ally with me then they leave their back open I say that I am moving reinforcements to their flank then I end up giving it to them from behind. :)P Not the player, the army)

Some of the people that I play with are really gullable.

What can I say, I am a back stabber and it feels good.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I figure the eye of terror campaign is the perfect opportunity to bring other planets into the Tau fold. Wait for them to be attacked by the Chaos armies. Then offer a simple proposition:
We the Glorious Tau empire will protect you poor lord of a lost land in exhange for you declaring fealty to the Tau empire. There will be no rescure by Space marines or your other guela troops. They are off elsewhere fighting what they feel is more important than your simple world. We dont think so though, we see great potential in you and your planet within the Tau fold. All you have to say is yes and an empire will defend you, say no and face the Chaos guela on your own. Think hard, choose for the greatest good.

I think we the Tau can expand quite easily and it doesnt have to be Chaos it can be Tyranids, Necrons, Orks and anybody else threatening a planet.

Good luck for everyone this summer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm, good idea. Tau should expand quickly cause they got awesome firepower... railguns.... mmmmmmm

Sorry, got sidetracked. Anyway, that seems to be a fair idea but the tau empire will never expand because Tau are not a major race. It's annoying but true. Almost every other race (bar tyranids, which i my other army, and SoB who havn't got a codex yet) has an extra army list (eg. craftworld eldar, catachans, zillions of marine chapters, spead freaks etc) and GW never seem to put much into Tau, and they hard to include in campaigns as they are miles away from the action.

Has anyone seen the animatrix "the second renissance"? The battlesuits in that look even more like tau battlesuits that most other anime stuff.

·
Registered
523 Posts
But I think they can become a major race especially if Chaos wins out or both armies beat the crap out of each other leaving all those worlds unprotected. It is the time of the Tau to swoop in and save the universe thus making them a power. Of course were probably talking centuries here but hey a Taus gotta dream, for the greater good of course. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
My negoatiations are....

"I'll Tell you what, you see that big 'ol ship over there? That has some of my friends in it, they dont like you very much. Infact they didnt even want me comming down here to negoatiate they wanted to hot drop in and start blowing holes in things. So here is the deal, you can let us take you over or we can blow the shit out of you, your choice."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.