Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to use a large force, but now i just use a few troops with lots of skills
i find it helps against foes with lots of armour and troops

how about you

·
Registered
123 Posts
As a chaos player I don't have a whole lot of choice, use the tropps that do the job they need to do and forget the rest. Shoot down anything that might give you too much trouble fast and let my CC units clean up. I try to never send my CC units in to combat without softening up the opposing unit first.

I've never had a major problem when sticking to those basics.

Uncle Jesse

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Its more fun with smaller upgraded troops if you ask me. and since the games about having fun....

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
When making an army list I always try to ensure I have plenty of models in it, but being a Chaos player I'm usually forced to use a few specialized squads.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I always try to put in as many troops as possible in my Tau army. They are relatively cheap so dont hold me back too much. I try to balance this with suits and thie cost to have a balanced force. With 1750 points I try to have over 50 models or making up one hunter cadre.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is the very reason I play Marines AND Guard. Sometimes I feel like dropping a few highly specialized troops on the board and sometimes I just want to overwhelm the enemy with more little men than he can handle!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I try to give it a nice mix...
A good number of normal troops to shoot him up, and then an elite crack of troops to do the butchering...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would just like to overwhelm with my Cadian Shock Troops.....cause i don't have to worry about them. (they are pretty pathetic and i normally lose a lot of them anyways in a battle)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Like someone mentioned earlier, it depends a lot on what army you play...
IG will naturally be more efficient the more people they are...
ANd they are cheap compared to a space marine...

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
What can I say, I absolutely love IG. I couldn't imagine bringing only 10-20 soldiers to a battle like some chaos players I have seen. Especially since the last time I played against a high point cost army, I destroyed his land raider and all 8 termies in it, in one turn, just from massed firepower. When 50+ lasguns shoot at you on rapid fire, even termies are going to fail 2+ saving throws. :D

H0urg1ass

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
With the new Lost and the danmed list they have to fall outside of bith the poll choices...
Rather going for large amounts of shitty troops just rushing forward in a wave of pestilence or whatever....
Neither can they hit the broad side of a barn, and when they finally do the guns blow up! :lol:

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
I know what yuo mean : i played along side them yesterday! The blew more of them selves up than the enermy! But i was greatfull for there leman russes and i couldent have done it without them!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hmm when you say that I realise that they are just like what this poll is about...
They got tons of shooty traitors or mutants, while they at the same time have a small crack elite of leman russ tanks...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.