Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Gentlemen and Ladies, I come before you with a very interesting question. My gaming club need to know what you think a Laser Tank Destroyer from Imperial Armor should cost in the new edition of IG.

Basically, we are keeping all the stats the same, but making the armor the same as the Leman Russ in the new Guard Codex.

It has only one weapons, the laser destroyer, but otherwise it is basically the same as a Leman Russ (without the Lumbering Behemoth rule)

Ideas?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Forge wrld has Re-costed the Destroyer Tank Hunter in their IA vol.1 rules update, they changed its armour to the updated armour of a russ.

Welcome to the Forge World website

However IMO the DTH was overcosted, how could they price it more than the LR vanquisher?

I think that the vanquisher battle cannon is better than the laser destroyer, the extra penetration amounts to it getting an average result of 1.5 more on the armour penetration roll. The gun is better positioned on the LR Vanquisher so your opponents vehicle won't gain cover as easily.

I'd say the destroyer tank hunter should be at 125-130pts.

The Emperor Protects

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
That all relies on the assumption that FW makes useable models. With a few rare exceptions, most of FW's non-super heavies will never see the light of day because they're generally overcosted with only narrow applications in regular games. I doubt anyone on these forums will argue a FW models are made for efficiency more than "hey it's a cool kit that you want to spend money on"

·
Registered
281 Posts
I concur, it looks pretty and and the fluff is pretty sweet but in game terms it doesn't live up to it. It could do with having extra dice on penetration and being AP1 so its more likely to do serious damage. At the moment its just a long range demolisher cannon.

I would buy one (if I had the cash) but most likely wouldn't use it on the table unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.