Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a two freinds of mine were battling one with a bug army.
the tyrant had lash whips was in combat for multiple turns with a character that had multiple attacks. now i read the nid codex and it wasnt clear to me. my assumtion on lash whip dont have a cumalitive effect. there is only a -1 attack modifyer regarless of how many turns you remain in combat. the codex doesnt specify. can anyone clearify exactly how lash whips work for people in combat for multiple turns.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Lash whips work as follows: for every enemy in base to base with the model then they lose 1 attack to a minimum of 1. This is for each whip, so a model (a carnifex for example) with two whips reduces a models attacks by 2 as long as it is within base to base...8)

The effects of the whip are always on so this is done for every close combat phase the model is in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
darkreever said:
Lash whips work as follows: for every enemy in base to base with the model then they lose 1 attack to a minimum of 1. This is for each whip, so a model (a carnifex for example) with two whips reduces a models attacks by 2 as long as it is within base to base...8)

The effects of the whip are always on so this is done for every close combat phase the model is in.
I UNDERSTAND THAT MUCH MY QUESTION IS IF YOU HAVE A FEX WITH ONE WHIP AND HE HAS BEEN IN COMBAT FOR TWO TURNS DOES THE EFFECT OF THE WHIP ACCUMILATE. SO THAT ON TURN #2 YOU WOULD LOOSE 2 ATTACKS AND ON TURN #3 YOU LOOSE 3 ATTACKS AND SO ON

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
First of all, caps lock is not a nice thing to do to anyone, especially when you do it in response to soneone trying to help you with your question.:((

Next, the question you asked was how does a lash whip work in cc over multiple turns and the answer is that the models striking against whoever has the lash whip reduce their attacks by one per whip down to one.

The effects of the lash whip are not cumulative per turn, just cumulative per whip.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Capslock is not your friend and does not make people somehow have a greater wish to answer you.

Regarding your question: no, it does not accumulate over consecutive round. It is cummulative with other lashwhips, but each round of combat you start from the model's normal number of attacks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
mr_smoke said:
ok a two freinds of mine were battling one with a bug army.
the tyrant had lash whips was in combat for multiple turns with a character that had multiple attacks. now i read the nid codex and it wasnt clear to me. my assumtion on lash whip dont have a cumalitive effect. there is only a -1 attack modifyer regarless of how many turns you remain in combat. the codex doesnt specify. can anyone clearify exactly how lash whips work for people in combat for multiple turns.
Don't have the Codex in front of me, but can a Carnifex have 2 lash whips?

I would agree though that as long as a model is b2b with model with something that has lash whips, if it is touching more than 1 it can be cumlative.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
Yes it can have 2 but the debate on wether or not multiple lashwhips stack is still going on, the codex doesn't mention them to stack in contrary to psychic scream in which it clearly mentions it stacks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts