Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Col. Schaefer and a model to represent Lt. Kage (a Cadian Officer model). So I need some ideas for an effective Last Chancer group.

I'm thinking that a big group with all Power Weapons would be usefull. But they will probably be shot up very quickly. A large squad of all Plasma/Melta Guns would probably face the same thing. Maybe small sub groups would be better?

So, does anyone use the Last Chancers, and how do they work for you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I heard a really lame and cheesy strategy to do is to take as many last chancers as you can, and make them all psykers. Put them all in one big group, but without Schaeffer. Have schaeffer go hide somewhere, and take a Culexis assassin. Have the Psykers follow around the assassin, and he gets tons of shots, and while the psykers would run from him normally, they're fearless because of Schaeffer!

(note: I do not advise doing this... but it is really cheesy, isn't it? :) )

·
Registered
120 Posts
As for a not quite so cheesy strategy, I would suggest hiding Schaeffer and giving the rest of the squad sniper rifles, then split them up into as many sub-units as you can. Think about it: four 5-man fearless sniper squads infiltrated around the board... now THAT's fun!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, I didn't come up with it, but I figured I should share it with you guys :)

I would never do such a thing, and I wouldn't recommend any of you do it either, unless you want to get smacked around by your opponents :)

That's a pretty cool idea about the snipers... that would be awesome to do like... an assassination mission using a bunch of last chancer sniper teams... you could have a sniper squad designated to pick off some kind of official dude, and you have to flush him in to your snipers with other last chancer guys. That'd rock :)

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I made a tank hunting team out of all of my extra melta weapons that I thought I'd never use. Now I can have a bunch of guys running around in their own little squad popping off land raiders and those pesky little skimmers. OR, I also have a few extra plasma weapons that I can now toss into my regular squads of soldiers for extra fire support. I LOVE the new colonel. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already plan on using Sniper Sub Units, Deep Striking them around the table to cause distractions or take objectives. But fielding a squad of all Meltaguns would be an obnoxiously expensive fire magnet. Who wouldn't shoot at 10 Meltagunners coming thier way?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's the real question - which minor psyker power would you give the Last Chancers? Or are they random like the Sanctioned Psyker powers? Mostly just finding out how this all works. Input is good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Their power is selected randomly from the sanctioned psyker table.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.