Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...A synapse creature passes all leadership tests....any tyranid unit within 12" of the synapse creature does as well.... what about leadership tests for shooting a unit further away than the closest unit. Example: A warrior with a vc is chillin...up comes two units from the other side of the board... the closest, space marine scouts, and the further, space marine tact squad. Do i have to take a leadership test to shoot the tact squad instead of the closer scout sqaud?

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
This question is specifically answered on page 28 of the Tyranid Codex, first bullet point about the benefits of Synapse. All Tyranid creatures still need to make target priority checks, even if in range of Synapse.

·
Registered
953 Posts
There is a rule somewhere in the codex that states synapse does not assist target priority rolls. I don't have the codex handy but it's definitely in there somewhere. So your Warriors have to make the test just like everyone else. But remember that monstrous creatures never have to roll for target priority.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Not that it's a problem for anything but Gaunts, given the high Ld of everything else. Then again, Gaunts will usually be firing at the closest targets anyway.

·
438 Posts
Caluin said:
This question is specifically answered on page 28 of the Tyranid Codex, first bullet point about the benefits of Synapse. All Tyranid creatures still need to make target priority checks, even if in range of Synapse.
True, but the FAQ on the GW site specifically states that they do, in fact, automatically pass all tests for target priority if under the effects of Synapse. Much love for the FAQ ^_^ Of course, it also talks about mutations, so one is left wondering if it's still applicable at all :(

I am curious though: Do TMCs have to take the test, or do they auto-pass it like a tank does?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Xardian said:
True, but the FAQ on the GW site specifically states that they do, in fact, automatically pass all tests for target priority if under the effects of Synapse. Much love for the FAQ ^_^ Of course, it also talks about mutations, so one is left wondering if it's still applicable at all :(
That FAQ is no longer on GW's site as it only applied to the old codex. As such, anything that it said is now irrelevant and has no effect on the rules in the current codex.

I am curious though: Do TMCs have to take the test, or do they auto-pass it like a tank does?
Tyranid Monstrous Creatures are just like normal monstrous creatures and therefore follow the same rules.

·
438 Posts
Ostsol said:
That FAQ is no longer on GW's site as it only applied to the old codex. As such, anything that it said is now irrelevant and has no effect on the rules in the current codex.
Well, actually... it is still on GW's site though from the looks, yeah. Doesn't apply anymore :(

Ostsol said:
Tyranid Monstrous Creatures are just like normal monstrous creatures and therefore follow the same rules.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Xardian said:
Well, actually... it is still on GW's site though from the looks, yeah. Doesn't apply anymore :(
Blah. . . I was looking at the UK site, which it got removed from quite a while ago. *shrugs*

·
438 Posts
Ostsol said:
Blah. . . I was looking at the UK site, which it got removed from quite a while ago. *shrugs*
Yeah, I think the US site needs to take it down, too. It'd be less confusing.

Of course it'd also be nice if they finally got the PDF for the Chaos 4.2 FAQ finished and up on the site so we can stop using the google-cached forum version :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It'd be nice if all the FAQs received another update to clear up all the problems introduced with the new rules and to clear up issues that the existing FAQs didn't address. I say this alot. . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
382 Posts
It would be nice to have all the codexs (sp) release for the same edition at the same time the new edition was released. I would honestly of waited another year or two for them to get all the dexs done and release them all at once so we don't have rule conflictions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts