Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it ... do units with move faster? Ex: Tyranid Warriors. they move 6" and do not have fleet speical rule. if we add leaping they DO NOT have fleet either .... they only assault further ...
If the above is true , how do you explain the post were it said that Warrirors + leaping can keep up with hormies... pls tell me .... :-s:(

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Yeah, Leaping only provides a better assault move and not fleet. Leaping Warriors can't really keep up with Hormagaunts. They'll be at least one turn behind and probably won't be able to provide Synapse after the Hormagaunts make their first assault move. However, they'll be able to get into combat one turn ahead of normal walking Warriors. If you really want Synapse that can keep up with Hormagaunts you'll either need to infiltrate a Broodlord or put wings on some Warriors or a Tyrant.

· Registered
10 Posts
holo said:
I don't get it ... do units with move faster? Ex: Tyranid Warriors. they move 6" and do not have fleet speical rule. if we add leaping they DO NOT have fleet either .... they only assault further ...
If the above is true , how do you explain the post were it said that Warrirors + leaping can keep up with hormies... pls tell me .... :-s:(
For a very brief while after 4th edition, but before the revamped codex if you gave warriors leaping they got fleet as well thanks to a reclassification to beasts. Course ya can't do that now....

Maybe that was what the guy was thinking of...

· Registered
388 Posts
This works for my gaunts but I am not sure if it could work with hormagaunts. If you run your units in flamer template. So in my 20 gaunts thier is a big trail heavy up front and trialing in the back. Which gives me no synapse problem with the gaunts. But they do not charge 12 so it probably will not work but you can try it out.
bonekrusher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.