Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some of my chaos army assembled, but I am torn on what legion to use. I have narrowed it down to three legions- world eaters (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!), word bearers (I like the evil religious vibe), and the iron warriors (cool paint job+ i like their primarch). What are you opinions? If it changes anything, I have the contents of the renegade strike force + 2 squads of berserkers, 1 of 1k sons, and one plague squad,as well as a daemon prince and 2 oblits.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I play Word Bearers as they were the first to see the glory of chaos, all the other legions are just followers and wannabes.

That said, the Iron Warriors have a lot of cool fluff and some of the best chaos oriented black library novels feature them. Your Berzerkers would fit right in there as khorne is well represented among the Iron Warriors, though usually not in the what are guns?,charge everything sort of way the world eaters follow him.

World Eaters seem to predictable and one dimensional to me but there may be levels there I am just not aware off.

·
Registered
362 Posts
you could choose to be a renegade chapter that combines everything you want it to be, religous fervor, bloodthirst, and a desire for seige warfare.

you can choose any paint job you desire, combining the red of world eaters and word bearers, with the metal of iron warriors.

you do not even really need to make a whole chapter, you could make the berserkers painted in blood angel colors and play them sort of like red corsairs

all you really need is a strong deamon lord that can pull all your troops together, make them an extension of his will

·
Registered
87 Posts
In general I'm a big fan of the undivided legions over the god-specific ones, just becasue you can get more variety. Not that it's necessarily important to follow specific doctrines anymore, but I assume you care a little bit about fluff.

Word bearers would be my pick mostly because I think their fluff is cooler and allows you play a very wide variety of models, including demons. Also, I like their color scheme better than the Iron Warriors. Essentially, it would come down to which ever color scheme you like better because you're the one that's going to have to look at them all the time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I chose word bearers and i went on a painting marathon last night with my friend (who is also starting the hobby) and i painted my daemon prince, which turned out well in my opinion. Thank you for the help :).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with Iron Warriors, hadnt thought about it when i started painting they just turned out that way (black with drybrushed silver), also love the access to techmarines - pretty handy for repairing them broken vehicles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.