Archmagos
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leman Russ Eradicator
Pts F S R BS
160 14 12 10 3
Type: Tank, obviously

Weapons:
Turret mounted ________(Still haven't come up with a name for it. Any suggestions?)
S AP Range Type
6 4 24" (undetermined, see below)

Must have a hull mounted weapon:
-Heavy bolter +5pts
-Lascannon +15pts

Options:
-Heavy bolter or Heavy flamer sponsons +10pts
-Upgrade to Heavy Armor for +15pts
Increase the side armor to 13, and the rear to 11.
-Vehicle Upgrades as per Codex: IG

IG: Counts as a Heavy Support option.
AC: May be taken by Commanders and Aces
Inquisition: An Inquisitorial army may include 0-1 Eradicators if 2 IG troop choices are taken. It takes up 1 HS slot.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Maybe something like.. megesuperduperevilwickedlycrazyblasteverythingtosmitherinsvulgogatling?

Seriously mate, I think it's a nice idea to get another antiinfantri gun mounted on the Russ, just can't have to many of them. But the stats are somewhat over the top.
12 twinlinked rending shots would make quite an unfair gun for those points. Try to tone it down a bit, how about...Heavy 4? Not rending?

I think it would make for a mighty nice conversion though...

·
2,076 Posts
Twin linked Short Barreled Mega Gatling Heavy Bolter with Rending.
Sounds like a Street Fighter title.. Super Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition Alpha Dash

It does seem a bit over the top.. Why not just take Twin Linked Assault Cannon?(which is your weapon minus the D3)

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know, it's sort of powerful. I was kind of surprised when the generator placed it at only 165 points.

The idea of the Eradicator was in fact based off of some urge I had to mount assault cannons/gatling guns/etc. in a Russ turret.

Do any of these ideas sound good?:
~Instead, roll 1D6.
1-3 = 4 shots
4-5 = 4 + D3
6 = 4 + 2D3

~Make the shot count Heavy 6.

~Keep it at Heavy 4D3, but add some kind of jamming/overheat special rule that could reduce the shots and/or stun or possibly damage the tank.

Other ideas will be taken into consideration

Edit:
~TL Assault Cannon
140pts

Twin linked Short Barreled Mega Gatling Heavy Bolter with Rending.

Sounds like a Street Fighter title.. Super Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition Alpha Dash

It does seem a bit over the top.. Why not just take Twin Linked Assault Cannon?(which is your weapon minus the D3)
:p
Actually, it's simply a TL Assault Cannon that I tacked the Gatling upgrade onto. I agree though, it did turn out to be a bit powerful....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts