Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a IG leman russ that my friend gave me that is alrdy built. Can i convert it to a heavy support choice in my Black Legion army?

Legionaire ( black legionaire)

·
Registered
25 Posts
well um.... no sorrry but only imperial guard can have it but space wolves get a variant of the leman russ

you guys that play chaos get enough stuff already

besides, what self respecting chaos player would field a tank named after one of the great loyalist primarchs of the imperium

·
Registered
485 Posts
If I remember correct (not sure though) you can use the Leman Russ tank with the new 'Lost and Damned' rules, which will come in the Eye of Terror codex later this summer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well you may have to, to get the special rules for the tank and you need at least one squad of traitors with it to field it.
they show one with a squad of traitors and some black legion on page 21 of the new white dwarf so you have to be able to have one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
use the VDR in white dwarf it sais that if u are modifiying an already 40k tank use its points and then ad the points for the change. just whack 1 point of armour on the back (it might be a little on the beardy side thought)

·
Registered
122 Posts
what? vdr?
i dont know what that is but painting it your legions colours and converting the turrets and guns, maybe putting on some putty and giving it chaos tank gifts and a squad of traitors with chaos gifts and war gear will do and use it with what it has

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Unless you play LatD (or use vdr) you can't use it, you could try to make a conversion out of it though (battle cannon would go nice with a Defiler, but the actual model is so freakin sweet).

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You do need opponent's permission to use it though. And it'll come out more expensive than an IG LRMBT even if you use the exact same stats.

·
Registered
959 Posts
just use it as a defiler. personalize it with spikes, gore and daemony bit and peices plus a few corpses here and there and explain to your opponent what it is before a batlle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
And of course if your not worried about playing in an RTT or GT and just usin it for "friendlies",
do what ever the heck ya like with it .
G

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
read the rules if ther the same tank the same points aply
You read the rules, you have to VDR it, and it gets more expensive because you get an advantage (AV 14 battlecannon) you normally wouldn't have with your army.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What the problem with using it... just convert it properly and call it something else... call it a predator... just use the approriate rules though.

I'm planning to buy a thunderer siege tank and use it as a vindicator :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.