Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys just wondering do you or can you use Lemartes as a normal chaplain I like they model and I would like to use him in my army any feed back would be much appreciated

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was under the impression you could definatly use him, the commander of my army is a mini converted Chief Librarian Mephiston. And nobody has any problems when we play that he is used as a commander instead of a librarian. In a friendly game i'm sure that you could use him, in a tournament i would think it would be allowed but as i have never played in one i can't say for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That should be fine, both for friendly games and for tournements. As it states on the Games Day rules from last year "All models must be fully painted Citadel minatures of the appropriate type for the troops they represent". Since Lemartes is a Chaplain to begin with you can use his model as a normal Chaplain if you like... now, what I would stay away from is if you didnt use the two weapons on Lemartes for your Chaplain. Since he is shown with a Crozius and a bolt pistol I would stick to that rather then saying he has something else.

Edit: Forgot to add it also states "Any armor, weapons or upgrades must be modeled on the model in question". So if you use the weapons on Lemartes for your Chaplain I think you are golden.

Cheers,

·
Registered
318 Posts
That should be fine, both for friendly games and for tournements. As it states on the Games Day rules from last year "All models must be fully painted Citadel minatures of the appropriate type for the troops they represent". Since Lemartes is a Chaplain to begin with you can use his model as a normal Chaplain if you like... now, what I would stay away from is if you didnt use the two weapons on Lemartes for your Chaplain. Since he is shown with a Crozius and a bolt pistol I would stick to that rather then saying he has something else.

Edit: Forgot to add it also states "Any armor, weapons or upgrades must be modeled on the model in question". So if you use the weapons on Lemartes for your Chaplain I think you are golden.

Cheers,
Does that mean in a tournement my commander would be illegal? Being a librarian model and all? Hmm, this requires some thought and maybe buying of extra models! Yay. I always did whant that commander box.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wouldnt necessarily say that since I dont know what you model your Commander as and what weapons they have (and whats on the sheet), but a fair rule to go by "if you have it on your character, it should be modeled on the board" (WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get) and you can never go wrong.

For example there are some characters that dont have models, like Belial. I have 2-3 models for him, 1 with Lightning Claws, 1 with Storm Bolter/Power Weapon, and one 1 that I am still working on. He is of course in Terminator Armor, that's a given, but if I wanted him to have a pair of claws I definitely wouldnt have him standing out there with a sword and bolter.

Now, playing friendly games, go buck wild. Play test to your hearts content. Just be warned that even though folks might say its ok, when they start losing and they start wondering which model is which things can do downhill fast... that's why I try to stick with WYSIWYG.

·
Part time Pirate
1,148 Posts
Personally as long as you say at the start of the game "i know it looks like lemartes but its not" you should be okay. Being that your using it in a different chapter it shouldn't be an issue.

As for Librarian as Commander... that could be different as mephiston has a psychic hood and notably looks like a librarian and could be confused as a standard librarian. Though again, if you say something it should be a problem.

This is more of a sportsman ship issue than a rule issue, you'd hate to get them confused.

If I was to use a special character as someone else, I would convert them somehow. For Mephiston I'd swap his sword (as its obviously mephistons), plasma pistol (unless using it as one) and head (this will help create a unique model).

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Hay guys just wondering do you or can you use Lemartes as a normal chaplain I like they model and I would like to use him in my army any feed back would be much appreciated
It should be fine to use the Lemartes model as a normal Chaplain armed with the appropriate wargear. I have to ask though; why is it that you want to use a normal Chaplain with the same equipment? Lemartes is hardly any more expensive and is massively more powerful.

Unless you're playing a Chapter other than Blood Angels... >.>

Katie D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Personally as long as you say at the start of the game "i know it looks like lemartes but its not" you should be okay. Being that your using it in a different chapter it shouldn't be an issue.

As for Librarian as Commander... that could be different as mephiston has a psychic hood and notably looks like a librarian and could be confused as a standard librarian. Though again, if you say something it should be a problem.

This is more of a sportsman ship issue than a rule issue, you'd hate to get them confused.

If I was to use a special character as someone else, I would convert them somehow. For Mephiston I'd swap his sword (as its obviously mephistons), plasma pistol (unless using it as one) and head (this will help create a unique model).
Yeah i did abit of filing of some of his more nobable features but he still looks very much like a librarian I guess, I'll just buy another model for any official games and use him in the friendlies. I do love the model though. Keep forgetting he is a librarian in the first place!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It should be fine to use the Lemartes model as a normal Chaplain armed with the appropriate wargear. I have to ask though; why is it that you want to use a normal Chaplain with the same equipment? Lemartes is hardly any more expensive and is massively more powerful.

Unless you're playing a Chapter other than Blood Angels... >.>

Katie D
yes i play a different chapter (iron hands) thanks for all the reply s guys

·
Registered
419 Posts
Use him if You want. If You don't play BA then no one will confuse him with being Lemartes, otherwise You should probably tell your opponent beforehand that he is a regular chaplain and not Lemartes.

Other than that: This is the first time I've ever heard someone say that they like the Lemartes model.
Mike McVey did i nice eldar warlock but should have stayed away from the marines...
Lemartes looks like crap, thats my opinion.

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
Sure. Unless your opponent feels like being a complete assbag so long as you're clear with them about what your model represents there shouldn't be any issues.

Katie D
I completely agree with Drakey here. There should be no problem using a normal model as Leamartes - just convert him up some to give him an appropriate looking mask and I can't see why anyone would have a problem.

If the person you are playing does have a problem they are likely not worth playing in the first place.

Rich.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Wysiwyg

WYSIWYG is king really. As long as you are not deceiving your opponent then there really aren't going to be grounds for argument. If you field a model with the right kit in it's claws and the army list lcearly sets out who and what it is you shouldn't have any problems.

This may be a good time to point out that GW officially endorsed the counts as rule in their tournaments which in combination with WYSIWYG means that as long as you are entirely consistent in your approach you will have no problems. Adding conversions etc is just playing it safe. You don't need to use the official character models to represent special characters either so if you wanted to use a different model as Lamertes there would be nothing stopping you.

My Nork Deddog doesn't even look like an Ogryn...

·
Inquisitorial Aspirant
452 Posts
My BA Master of Sanctaty (Lemartes) is a converted marine with the Death Co. Chaplain crozius. He's great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.