1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of the tanks woudl you field and why. And you can only pick one

·
994 Posts
i would field the basislisk because it is less points but still has the big ordnace weapon. it is also useful when you pay the points for indirect fire because you can fire indirect until they get within 36 inches and then change to normal fire.

·
Registered
86 Posts
well i feild one of each because they are both good, but if you have to pick one i would pick the lemun russ and give it heavy bolters all around, so if you move it you can fire all the bolters and if you stay still you can fire the battle cannon, if you know your facing sumone without alot of range then i might say the basilisk just because it can fire indeerectly and wehile the sludge acroos the board you can blow them to bits from behind cover

·
Registered
62 Posts
I asked the same question a while back, i came to this conclusion, While a Basilisk has the range, it lacks the armour, then again it has a better strength, so it all comes down to personal preference

I decided on the Leman Russ, and lots of them, though as i grow as an IG player i may begin to lean a little more towards the Basilisk, it's a question of mobility or power, do you want the power to destroy your enemy from afar? if so go with teh basilisk, if you want to you move around and chase them away, go with teh Leman Russ

hope this helped a bit

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
were i fighting in favourable terrain, jungle cityfight etc, id use the basilisk otherwise id use the russ

·
Registered
74 Posts
Demolisher i don't know the new rules cause i don't got the codex but want to get it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
leman russ all the way. i love the leman russ because it can soak up so much fire and then return alot more.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Basilisk. I don't know how many times this puppy has won me a game. It can shoot anywhere, even where it cant see and most of the time It will never be shot AT as long as you put it behind a piece of blocking terrain.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ceran: The Demolishers rules are the same as in the old Codex

·
Registered
27 Posts
it depends on which ground you're gonna play.

- If good line of visibility, take the leman russ in priority (and if you still have a little 100pts left, take both :D)

- If not LOV, take the basilisk (2 if you can afford it)

I played a game recently against a Chaos army (report to be made when I'll get the courage), there was a huge mountain in the middle of the battle field, and only was my basilisk useful. My LR got blown apart by a vicious fire on the rear from his defiler without having the luck of killing 1 opponent !! What a lost in points it was, indeed.

Kryss

·
Registered
179 Posts
Leman Russ, just for its survivability in the event it is assaulted or shot from a flank. Plus with the whole heavy stubber attachment you can add some more ranged fire. Although I will never forget the many times 6-8 units in a ten man squad have fallen to the wonderous earthshaker fire.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very valid points. But i find a basilisk more for me cause its cheap and its versitle in its own way. It can shoot behind cover and it can shoot directly. Very nice for a tank that cost around 110-120. And you only miss if you roll high on scatter dice or really bad at guessing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
basilisk, if you equip the leaman russ with las/bolter then u can get 2 basilisk for 1 leman russ, ok the leman can take a lot more fire bot when your regular opponents are eldar and tau the indirect fire upgrade is invaluble for the basilisk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.