Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's mine, inspired by a friend of mine also in this forum:

C'Tan Tormentor

I don't have time to write his background story as I gtg soon but he's basically like Dark Eldar, taking pleasure in inflicting extreme pain and suffering of others and he feeds on it. The pain of others is his gain, as he gets more powerful.

Cost: 320 pts

WS: 4
BS: 4
S: 9
T: 8
W: 4
I: 6
A: 2
Ld: 10
Sv: 4+

Aura of Torture
Any enemy units with model within 12" of the C'Tan suffers an automatic Str 4 AP 5 hit with normal saving throw possible every turn, as long as that unit stays within the aura radius. Note that this attack only happens once any unit enters the aura radius and that unit will not get attacked by the aura again until next turn. The aura does not affect enemy units in base contact and in close combat with the C'Tan or any other friendly units.

Sacrifice
During your movement phase, instead of moving, the C'Tan may choose to use this ability instead. If he does, choose one friendly model within 6" of the C'Tan. That model is removed as casualty with no armor saves possible, even invulnerable! Then choose another friendly unit with a model within 6" of the C'Tan. That unit gains one of the following stats of the unit being sacrificed for the restof that turn: WS, BS, I, S, or T. Note that the unit being sacrificed may still get its WBB as long as there is a Lord with a resurrection orb nearby.

Consume
At the start of each Necron turn, any friendly models that is about to take WBB roll may be removed as casualty instead. For each model removed, The C'Tan gains +1 to his attack. During the shooting phase, he may release a bolt of energy made of the living essence of the models he consumes. The bolt of energy has the following stat and will always wound on 2+:

Str: 3+ the number of models consumed (max 10)
AP: 5- the number of models consumed (min 1)
Range: 24"
Assault 1+ the number of models consumed (max 3)

Pain and Suffering
The C'Tan may hurt himself during the shooting phase, suffering 1 wound in the process (no armor saves allowed).Slect an enemy model within 12" of the C'Tan. That model suffers 1 automatic wound with no armor saves of any kind possible. This ability may be used together with the Consume ability but the C'Tan may not move during the movement phase in order to use this ability.

Waddaya guys think?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how can it be more powerful than the Nightbringer. Yes I made his abilities to have powerful effects but they come at heavy prices too IMO. This C'Tan's style of play is basically "no pain no gain" kind of play.

·
Registered
857 Posts
How about the C'tan Decayer?

WS: 6 BS:4 S:9 T:7 W:5 I: 4 A:4 Ld:10 Sv: +4 Inv. +4

Special Rules:
C'tan: The Decayer is a C'tan and follows all C'tan rules

Decaying Touch: Any model hit by the C'tan Decayer in close combat automatically suffers a S6 attack the nest turn if they are still aliev

Cone of Decay: This is the Decayer's ranged attack. It has two modes.
#1. Range 36" S:6 AP:3 Assault 1
#2. Range: Flame Template S:8 AP:2 Assault 1

Rot: If the Decayer is killed in melee, the enemy unit that kills it receives a cumulative -1 penalty to their WS, BS, S, T and A characteristics each turn until one or more reach zero, at which time the unit returns to full strength.

Rusting Touch: Any non-Fast enemy vehicle assaulted by the Decayer and hit at least once automatically suffers an Immobilised result. If the vehicle is already immobile for any reason, it suffers a Weapon Destroyed result

Rusting Aura: Any friendly Necron model within 12" of the Decayer only regenerates on a +5. This is counteracted if there is a Tomb Spyder within 12" of the model in question. Any Rapid Fire weapons within 12" never get an extra shot in close range, and enemy Plasma guns within the aura overheat on 1s and 2s. Assault Cannons jam on a total of 5 or less on the three to-hit dice. Monoliths within 12" do not gain their Living Metal bonus to defense.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow it is a nice C'Tan there, Deceiver but I think the Cone of Decay especially the flame template is a bit too powerful.

BTW, whats the pt cost?

·
689 Posts
C'tan; The Inquisitor

Points cost - 375

WS - 6
BS - 5
S - 6
T - 7
W - 5
I - 5
A - 4
LD - 10
SV - -/4+

Character:
The Inquisitor is an independant character and follows all the independant character special rules as given in the warhammer 40,000 rulebook except those relating to being shot at.

Special rules:

Grand Inquisition; use instead of shooting. every non-necron model in any one unit with at least 1 model within 24'' of the Inquisitor immediatly suffers a s6 ap4 hit. no invulnerable saves allowed. the picked unit must also, at the end of the phase, take a morale test with atleast a -1 penalty

Soul Cleansing; use in your close combat phase, instead of attacking. Enemy models in base-to-base contact with the Inquisitor must immediatly take a leadership test with a -1 penalty. if the test is failed the affected models in contact with the Inquisitor is removed as casualties. this does not work against independant characters.

Machine Frenzy; use instead of moving. any friendly necron unit within 48'' of the Inquisitor may move at double their normal range. if the affected unit enters close combat that turn they gain an additional +1 attack. at the end the turn the affected unit suffers D6 s4 ap- hits. models that are removed as a result of this may not use their WBB rolls, if they have any.

Inquisitor Rod; The Inquisitor carries a rod that gives the Inquisitor +1 S in close combat it counts as a power weapon. The Inquisitor Rod may also be used in the shooting phase as a shooting weapon with the following profile:
S - 6
AP - 3
Assault 3
Range - 12''

"Ever have we been your worst nightmare, and still you villingly ventured into our realm. Foolish mortals. Your race will not know an end to the pain that our master, the great Inquisitor shall release upon you. The inquisition shall begin with you. now, die in the name of Cher'leth and the comming of the great cleansing." - Kabain master of the Inquisitor guard

·
689 Posts
yeah he's quite good :p but i think he would be much of a waste of points to use in battle. 375 pts are quite alot of warriors :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I"m no good at making point esstimates but here is my c'tan.

The Watcher

Ws-8
Bs-3
S-7
T-7
W-6
I-5
A-4
Ld --
Sv-3+/4+

The Watcher counts as a C'Tan and follows any special rules for C'Tans

Affinity for The Machines
Any Necron unit which follows the wbb rule that is within 12" of The Watcher roll will revive on a roll of 2+ instead of the normal 4+.

Empathy for the followers
The C'Tan watches his minions with vigor and enjoyability. he reaches into the cold dead Bodies of his fellow necrons and gives them un unholy aura of enregy.
Any necron model within 24" of The Watcher gains a 4+ invulnerable save, and can take a wbb roll even if they ware killed by a weapon that has double strength, or that is a close combat weapon that ignores armor saves.

Shrapnel Swarm
The Watcher unleashes a blast of incredibly powerful and fast moving armored shards of Living metal. This attack is used in the shooting phase and counts as a weapon which uses the C'Tans BS for the roll, Here is its profile.

Range-6" Strength-6 Ap-1 Assault 1 Ordaneance Blast

Any model that is wounded and survives must make an additional armor save, if it fails it, it is destroyed outright. This is because after the shards hit, they start to Expand and ingulf the unit in living metal

Additional Special Rule
Ancient Artifact- The Watcher is one of the Oldest C'Tan in The Universe, It has seen just about everything and knows how to counter act it, with this, The Wacther is immune to Psykers spells on a roll or 3+, make this roll at the beggining of the necron players turn, this must be made every necron turn, if it fails The Watcher may be targeted with psyker spells and abilities for that turn.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry for posting twice but i made a slight mistake,
Its leader ship is -- because it can't be the target of any kind of attack that damages or kills using the models leader ship, if it is sturck with mind war, its leader ship is 10 because of the addvanced knowledge of eldar, they know alot more about the necrons than any other race, eccept the necros thmeselves of course.

·
Registered
857 Posts
...Dude. That thing would not only wreck the Nighbringer in CC, its abilities are so riced up, I can't see it costing less than 500 points.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The Watcher Rocks!!!!

would be very very pricey though. Keep him near your warriors and you are as good as invincible the warriors will always get back up!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
C'Tan : Jewel

Pts Cost : x

WS : 9
BS : 0
S : 10
T : 8
W : 5
I : 12
A :10
LD : 11
SV/INV : 2+/2+

The Jewel May only be taken when the Opponent takes at the minimum of 2000 points. The Jewel may be the only Miniature feilded by the Necron player if the Jewel is used.

Special Rules

Golden Stature : The Jewel's body is pure Gold which gives him a 2+ armour save.

Atomise Shot : The Jewel is off such Immense power that it atomise's most of the shots coming towards it before they even get a chance to come within 5 meters of it giving the Jewel a 2+ invunerable save.

Universal Crush: The Jewel is a part of the universe it feels and such can control the Planets so it simply moves where it wants and so every turn the Jewel may move anywhere on the Battlefeild.

Soaring : The Jewel is soaring above the battlefeild only shifting the universe to hunt its prey and so it is hard for enemys to hit it in Close Combat and thus all enemys hit the Jewel on a 6

Influencial : After the enemy has moved the Deciver may Select three units per turn to move 6 Inchs anywhere including off the board. and if that enemy has a heavy weapon and didnt move before the Jewel selected it, it counts as having moved.

Atomic Scythes : If a wound is scored on a model which has 2 or more wounds, every turn the player who's model was wounded must take a dice roll to see if that unit can do anything, on a roll of a 5 or a 6 the unit may do anything next turn, repeat this for each unit struck or struck again by the Jewel.

Draw To Combat : For every model the Jewel kills, in each combat he is in, every enemy model is drawn towards him by the amount of dead models.

Reaching Scythes : Place a large blast template on the Jewel each assault phase and every model in the template excluding the Jewel gets attacked 8 times by the Scythes which are strength 10 as mentioned in the profile.

I think thats it, I figuired he would have to be powerful to take on 2000+ point armies on his own but seriously, I think he could take on a Choas God!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Oh yeh and you dont get any saves against his attacks, none whatsoever, even ones that say that the save will be taken whatever the circumstances! :p

·
Registered
439 Posts
I cant see anyone wanting to play against him.

What would be the point in even setting your miniatures up if he can jump anywhere he wants. There would be no strategy required it would just be a case of dice rolling to see if you can hit him.

·
Registered
974 Posts
waste of time, yes, but then again unless you have a squad that can only inflict armour saves and not invunerable and still attack the c'tan, whats the point in fighting any of them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
you know i heard at my gw store that they're coming out with some new C'tan...one of em is like, something like the machine god, and it turns all your units into necrons (even pariah...VoD* cough...WBB *cough)...it'd also let your opponent phase you out quicker though

·
Registered
674 Posts
that uber 2000 point necron, heres how you beat it. With other necrons! You need 3 squads of 10 pariahs, get really relly lucky, and then its dead, becuease nothing whatsoever gets saves against pariahs. Nothing. Nothing. NOTHING I TELL YOU NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys im new and have read these idea and have come up with my own,

C'tan The Ghost
Cost-450pts
WS-6
BS-3
S-8
T-8
I-5
A-5
W-5
LD-10
SV-2+/3+

C'tan- follows all C'tan special rules

Aura of fear- When The Ghost engages in hand to hand combat he gives off a presence which disturbs the confidence of his foes therfore delaying there attacks twards him. In assualt all modles in base to base contact and their supporting units with The Ghost will automatically go last. Note this only works automatically on the first turn of the combat for the rest of the combat this only happens on a D6 roll of 3+.

Promote Courage- The Ghost is an obsessive soul and does not like to end a combat with the simple decistion from his opponent to run therefore at the end of the assualt phase if The Ghost has won the combat the he may choose to inspire his terrified foe to continue the combat on a D6 roll of 4+.

Spirit Attacks- The Ghost is a wraith like creatur wich can pass through anythin including opponents allowing it to do more dammage therefore in aussult it D3 extra wounds for each hit he scores among every enemy unit he attacks in assault. These wound are accumulative so if hits are don to an indapendent charecter he must take at least one on himself before going through to the squad.

Abzorb and Project Fear- Any enemy unit within 12" of The Ghost at the begining of the shooting phase must make a pinning test with the leadership of the lowest modle in the uninit at a -2 modifier to a minimum of 5. The Ghost may make a shooting attack with these stats.
Range-18 S-5 AP-3 Assult-D6

Phase Assult- The Ghost may assult up to 18 inches (through anything including enemy modles) do to his wraithlike form.

so tell me what you think
is it good, okay, or horrid

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.