Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there :) Well, I have had a battleforce for a while, and I just recently bought a second battleforce and a Tyrant, and I'm wondering whether the set-up I have for them works well or is just a waste. Basically, here's what I have in my 1250 army:

Hive Tyrant (Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler)
Broodlord (Enhanced Carapace, Toxin Sacs)
Genestealers (Ex. Cara) x8
Warriors (Enhanced Senses, Deathspitters, Ex. Cara.) x3
Warriors (Scything Talons, Ex. Cara., Tox. Sacs) x3
Lictor
16 Gaunts
16 Hormagaunts
3 Ripper bases
1 Ravener
1 Biovore
1 Carnifex (Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler)

And now I have a second carnifex that I was thinking of giving him the same setup as the first, that I can sub in and out when I want to/need to.

So again, more simply, I'm wondering if having all three of my MCs set-up with BS and VC is retarded or actually works. Since I'm currently building the second fex and the tyrant, I'm debating what to give them still.

Heh, sorry if that is a little hard to read, and thanks for any help you can add :)

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
VC + BS on Hive Tyrant isn't the greatest. The best you get is S8 can't pen with the Tyrant, and the Strangler is a rather average S5. It's "ok," but you'll find yourself using it more for anti-infantry I would think. That doesn't mean it's bad to have it for mid-range vehicles, but *shrug* meh.

I'd do the typically recommended pair of twin-linked devourers on the Tyrant. 12 shots at S5 and BS4 that re-roll misses and re-roll failed wounds. AP- is rather irrelevant when you are frequently tossing 11-12 wounds per round of fire at a target infantry unit, or several glances against AV11 and AV10 armor.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Erm, it looks as though your warriors only have one weapon biomorph apiece, they need two. Two of the same counts as twin linking remember.

Carnifex setup is good, but I agree with MV on the Tyrant, Double TL-Devourers is nice although wings are needed (in my opinion) to get the most out of the Devourer whore tyrant.

If you cant be hooped with getting and modelling wings then possibly a Barbed Strangler and TL-Devourers to make him a dedicated infantry muncher that also has a little bit of range so he can get stuck in from the off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha, my warriors do; the second group have two sets of scything talons each; the first have deathspitters, and a mix of claws and talons. Didn't mention it cause I use em as range and just threw on the melee cause of the whole fire once per turn thing.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Fair cop.

The close combat warriors, I would drop one set of Scything Talons for Rending Claws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.