Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.
I finally got my digital camera fixed, so I thought I would post some photos of my current project.
It is a Space marine Commander on a Bike, with a NFH as a Force We3apon and a Storm Shield from the Assault Marine box.
Any Comments, Tips, Complaints, et al are most welcome.

These first three are unpainted:

More will follow as I get around to cropping/shrinking them.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
It is looking good. Don't forget to clean the flash off before you prime it though.

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Registered
827 Posts
I like it. It gives him a kinda 'knightly' look. Great stuff!:w00t:

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Looks good, I can't help but hope he can steer with his knees though :wacko:
Now he just needs a few friends to back him up, and you can run riot across anyone's back yard

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Umm, the flash. Oh well, I've had a few ideas about how to make it less noticable (I'm lazy in odd ways).
I decided to skip the undercoated pictures and go straight onto the ones after the main coat (thinned down Midnight Blue). Be warned, my painting abilities have come a long way in 10 years, but they still suck.

The following are the model as it stands now. It is mostly completed, apart from tidying up a few edges. And yes, I am aware that I am too heavy handed with my highlighting, it is something I am working on. I am considering another coat of thin Midnight Blue on the model, as the earlier photos look better in that area. The aqua face is because my chapter uses a dye to indicate Librarians and Commanders (Commanders have the dye only on their scalp and forehead. Chaplains have either a full or half mask laquered in the same colour).
The model as a whole isn't as bright as it appears in the photos.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Hmm... maybe you should highlight it with a slightly darker colour? It looks a bit wierd with that really bright blue. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have to say that your conversion work is quite beautiful. The rider looks natural instead of forced and your choice to keep the conversion simple instead of cluttered with unnecessary bitz makes it stand out.

As far as painting goes: you yourself have already identified your weak areas. More practice and I'm sure that you will one day be entering into converting/painting contests with confidence.

Worlds Collide

·
Registered
196 Posts
Brilliant model man.:yes:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ah, very nice conversion! You did a great job on that.

I like the paint job so far, it's pretty clean from what I can see, and I'd love to see it finished. It's just that the bright blue for highlighting and the guy's skin is kinda awkward. What chapter is he?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all the comments and compliments.
The next things I'll be doing with him are a Midnight Blue wash over the front wheel cover, as it looked better before the highlighting and some attention to the facial area (I am not sure yet, maybe some chestnut/black ink tribal tattoos).
The chapter is a DIY Salamanders successor called the Twighlight Guard using Cleanse and Purify and Trust Your Battle Brothers. Their colours are pretty much as they are on this model, although I haven't done any open helmed characters before him which is why the woad isn't quite right.
And if anyone else thinks that he has problems steering with his knees, think of the poor Veteran Sergeant who has to try to keep from dismantling his bike withhis Power Fist.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
I'd go with a more fleshy color for the skin. as for darkening the highlights, I'd blue ink it a little and see how that works. As for the metal part, put boltgun in some parts of the rims and what not, make it look like chrome wearing down.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ahhh mold lines man!! Clean them up,they are spoiling your lovely conversion.
Well apart from your laziness in removing mold lines :lol: it is truly an awesome conversion that you have done and will look very nice on the tabletop.

The flesh looks abit weird and your highlights are a little too bright.

Good luck with the rest.

Nice Work!

Cheers,
Tycho

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
If they are to have tribal colors on their face, do a flesh color then put the blue on his face, Braveheart style.

·
The Voice of Reason
756 Posts
Yeah, I LOVE the conversion, but he highlights are WAAAAAY too bright. You make him look like Tron. It will only distract people from appeciating what an awesome job you did with teh conversion.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yep i agree.
And yeah i say you go with the tribal tatoo thing,that would look awesome!

Be sure to update when you paint more
Cheers,
Tycho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts