Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone really use the Space Marine Librarians?

Personally I find them expensive compared to the Chaplain. Not to mention the special wargear avaliable to the Librarian which makes the Librarian even more expensive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Preferable i agree with having chaplains..but also it really depends on the mission and on the type of game you wanna play. As for feilding too many blue meanies as you think there is too much blue on the board..who says they all have to be the same color..i mean the scheme yeah..but what about detail and design..i myself spend a lot of time on detail..in my army no 2 marines are totally alike..thats why they are unique!! :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well sometimes I use them, if you face eldar or scorcerer heavy chaos arimes(thounsand sons) there ability to use the psycic hood is great fun :D An outright death with their force weapon anit to bad either. I mostly use a librarian for abot 120pts

Codexier Darius
Attached to ultramarines second company

·
Registered
4 Posts
I personally always use lib as one of my sole hq. I find them well worth the point cost. Where I play space marine, eldar, and necron are the norm for armys. The lib proves to be a good investment. With his wargear he can be an army of one. His greatest advantage is his force weapon. A powerweapon that if you roll under your leader ship kills instantly. With term honors, artificer armor, mastercrafted weapon, iron halo, psy hood a lib can wade into close combat and walk out a winner.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I personally always use lib as one of my sole hq. I find them well worth the point cost. Where I play space marine, eldar, and necron are the norm for armys. The lib proves to be a good investment. With his wargear he can be an army of one. His greatest advantage is his force weapon. A powerweapon that if you roll under your leader ship kills instantly. With term honors, artificer armor, mastercrafted weapon, iron halo, psy hood a lib can wade into close combat and walk out a winner.
i kinda agree with that logic,
i almost always take a lib in my armies (but then again, my main opponent is Ulthwe craftworld)
and that phcic hood is a blessing from the emperor himself when up against armies with lots of pychers (typically thousand sons and Ulthwe, sometimes even against BA's)

i dont usally deck out my lib in full war gear and everything though (i only got, like 1000pts) i usally find a power weapon, bolt pistol, frags and (well usally anyway) a pycic hood does the trick for me.

and a lib with a jump pack and MC lightning claws is just mean in combat 8) , mainl thanks to the fact that (unlike other SM HQ's) before he charges in like a mad man he can zap a couple of bad guys here and there too!

o yeah, and against 'Nids too. Taking down a carne with one sweep of that big force weapon can put a smile on the sternest DA commander + the pycic hood still stops about half their pycic powers (warp blast can be pretty mean :( - me

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like to use libraians. With me being a dark angel player the libraian gets weaken resolve. This can be really good for setting up cross fires. You can line up a tactical squad infront of a unit then tank shock them from behind with a ravenwing landspeeder then when they take their test hit them with weaken resolve. I have anniahlated many a unit by using this simple formula including alot of HQ units.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ok.. you cant kill the daemon prince but you can butcher every thing else, thats also asuming he takes a collar. like most peeps say if you face marines do you expect to see a labrarian?? so why would he blow the pts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
blow the points. How can you call it ablow when it costs 5pts for an amazing item. I would always take one and give it to all my aspiring champions aswell.
Grand_Master_Emazrael Posted on Jun 17 2003, 14:42

i agree entirely, the collar is a groinkickingly good item.

like most peeps say if you face marines do you expect to see a labrarian??
SockMonkey Posted on Jun 16 2003, 16:03

no, but i might expect to see a librarian. :D

smite is a cool power, its the anti terminator holocaust (its an anti everything actually, but never mind :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.