Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn my favorit forum is finally in its last stage. Dying slowly. Its taking its last breath. The only thing left are a few commision workers, still posting crap in the hobby section.

So what put it on its last tracks. There are fore things.

First Top hat Left
Second Commission workers took over the hobby section
Third the sight was too late to hoppe on the age of sigmar train
Forth Facebook, Instagram and youtube became the main platforms for the hobby

Good by my friend see you in nangijala

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
It's unfortunately the relentless tread of progress since most of us had moved on to social media due to convenience.
Commission painters had moved in since mods on those social media groups tend to take down most of their advertisements, they mostly tolerate the odd one or two but probably dozens of posts had been deleted to prevent groups from being saturated with them. Commission painters are like streamers; the "industry" is flooded with them and their "pro-painted" minis, some of them are really good but there are those who have the skill of a two-year old finger painter!

There's next to no moderation so we're flooded with them!

As for the forum being too slow to adapt, the issue lies with funds (or lack thereof), it takes stacks to run a site such as this so I can imagine that with less traffic going through here; there is less revenue. Since this forum is but a shadow of it's former self, I can guess that there isn't much in the way of savings and time to implement such changes.

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right.

I clearly remember the start of the age of sigmar. A lots of guys going over to TGA forum as there was no good section for AoS here. Then there was the reorganisation of the army section. All xenon was put in the same board for exampl.

The comissin took over the hobby section, it just became boring. Then Instagram and facebook on that. I have started to only post on instagram and facebook now becous of this :( It just feel pointless to post things here any more. I miss the old days

·
Registered
1 Posts
First Top hat Left
Second Commission workers took over the hobby section
Third the sight was too late to hoppe on the age of sigmar train
Forth Facebook, Instagram and youtube became the main platforms for the hobby
thanks for this information
_
Jhovanna's Hair Salon

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think that it is less that commission painters moved in and more that everyone else moved out. I don't think that it was moderation keeping them down that was needed so much as something to keep the rest of the community on here when they seemed to be fleeing to elsewhere on the web.

There are forum that don't regulate commission painters, but still have a strong enough fanbase of forumites to keep from feeling 'overrun.'

I do think it is a little bit silly that the commission painters stick around after everyone else has left. The advertising is kind of garbage if there are only commission painters in that section.

I personally like the forum format over Facebook or Discord, but it doesn't work if there's no one here to talk to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts