Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question: Lictors, when in reserve, are rolled for individually or as a squad?

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
Quick question: Lictors, when in reserve, are rolled for individually or as a squad?
Lictor deploy individually. The codex may not have it written in stone but you roll for Lictors as individual models. This is because Lictors always operate on thier own. They don't work as a squad and they are deployed on thier own. It's the same way with Zoanthropes. Zoanthropes don't deepstrike but they do always act as indidvidual units. Because Lictors act as individual units they do everything seperately, including when they jump out of the bushes.

Hope this helps out.:drinking:

·
It's a Trap!
1,750 Posts
Actually leech, lictors roll as a unit. They are indeed deployed separately in different places, but there is no indication given by the codex or the rule book that would make each lictor roll separately.

Rulebook page 84: "Each selection from the Force Organization chart is diced for separetly at the start of the player's turn."

This is how they qualify for the deployment, not how they are deployed, and the lictor rules specificly say that they are deployed as separate units and act separetly. They are still in one FOC slot though.

·
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, it does help, but I think I'll wait for a general consensus on the forum before I choose in finality the correct usage of the rule.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Actually leech, lictors roll as a unit. They are indeed deployed separately in different places, but there is no indication given by the codex or the rule book that would make each lictor roll separately.

Rulebook page 84: "Each selection from the Force Organization chart is diced for separetly at the start of the player's turn."

This is how they qualify for the deployment, not how they are deployed, and the lictor rules specificly say that they are deployed as separate units and act separetly. They are still in one FOC slot though.
I have to disagree with you and agree with Leech, mainly because you can only have 0-1 unit of them, and it specifically says Pheramone cannot be used on other Lictors- to me, this indirectly tells us the designers planned on them arriving seperately :p

Then again, I don't have the Codex with me, and can't look at the wordings. When playing with reserve you could hold back 2 in reserve reserve and a third Ambushes? Ambush Reserve rolls for itself and the two Reserved reserves Lictors are a seperate single roll? Sounds odd :p

Anyone else have an opinion?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lictors are rolled for at the same time. You roll once for the FOC elite slot - and they all appear. There is nothing in the tyranids lictor rules that changes this factor of the reserves/deepstrike rules. All the changes for those appear after the dice has been rolled to let the lictors onto the board.
Its the same for deployment - those zoanthropes all live in the same FOC slot and all go onto the board in deployment at the same time - though in both cases the independent unit rule takes over and allows them to be placed as indevidual units.

·
663 Posts
They come at the same time. Warrior just said where it was in the rule book. Also Its the same for IG players. They deploy by platoons not squads, even though like lictors they operate on their own. Pluse in your deployment you don't sem up each Zonathrope at a time. You put them all down at the same time, the same is true for Biovors (Though i don't know who uses them.)

I know that the loner rule would make you think that they would be individualy but that would be creating your own rule based on fluff, even then i'm sure that those lictors are able to work together.

Long and short is that you put them all down at the same time, one roll.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I have to disagree with you and agree with Leech, mainly because you can only have 0-1 unit of them, and it specifically says Pheramone cannot be used on other Lictors- to me, this indirectly tells us the designers planned on them arriving seperately :p
?
I thought I was wrong by what warrior 47 said and then this. It does seem that they are rolled for as individual models as Lictors are a 0-1 choice. If they all came on at the same time there would be no need to clarify this point about the pheremones.

It is true that they deploy at the same time however deepstrike makes their deployment occur at a random time. This means we have no control over deploying them as we do with units such as Zoanthropes. As they are meant to work independently this should apply to them deepstriking too.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I thought I was wrong by what warrior 47 said and then this. It does seem that they are rolled for as individual models as Lictors are a 0-1 choice. If they all came on at the same time there would be no need to clarify this point about the pheremones..
Well said, also remembering these rules were done well before Apoc was worked on. Maybe they had multiple FOC in mind in the first place? I never second guessed it to be honest, just took the Pheromone wordings quite literally (in my own twisted way:p).

Have to admit, after looking in the rulebook and having a quick talk about it in LO Chat, seems there is nothing to suggest they are rolled seperately other than my aforementioned logic 0_o

I 'spose now, after this little revelation, Lictors will be even worse for me.... none of them will arrive until turn 5, seeing as there's only one dice roll to fail! :rofl

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought I was wrong by what warrior 47 said and then this. It does seem that they are rolled for as individual models as Lictors are a 0-1 choice. If they all came on at the same time there would be no need to clarify this point about the pheremones.
Acually, this is wrong. Pheromone works before the lictor is put on the table. The entry about pheromone not working on lictors is to avoid that a FOC of lictors pheromone themselves onto the table.

The rules on this matter has been revealed by the local bio-devision. Lictors all hit the table on the same turn, as does Zoanthropes and Biovores and every other FOC. Previous misconseption should rejoin our collective bio-mass-potential trough the local digestion pool. :drinking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.