Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying some lictors from a local hobby shop that is going out of buisness. The thing is they have a lot of old stuff as well as new. My question for all of you vetrans out there is did they change the lictor when they redid all the tyranid models? If so what is the difference so I know if I am buying an old version or new?

Thanks

·
850 Posts
Yes they changed the lictor, it looks more kicka$$ then before now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only "useful" bit of information I can tell you is the new ones are on a round base and the old ones have a square base. Though sometimes you can't see the base through the blister, so I don't know how much that will help you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the new ones are easier to stick together. the new upper talons have the usuall 'stick the bump in the hole' thing where the old ones had a ridge and groove thing that is anoying to stick back together when it comes apart.

·
Registered
163 Posts
they are leathel in anypoints its just all about the set up and waiting for the perfect moment. i liek to sandwice a unit between gaunts and a lictor.

XG

·
Registered
515 Posts
yes i find them invalueable in 800 or less pts battles, because your apponent (if he cant detect them) doesnt move forwards alot, and on a larger table size u dont ahve to lumber them along with slow units like tyrand guards, and if your opponent is moveing units like havocs(CSM Devastators) into possition u can spring out and stop them shooting.

·
Registered
675 Posts
If a Lictor is being used in a game should there be one in an army? I guess it really depends on how big the game is but would two be an overkill?

·
Registered
515 Posts
darn(not bad word)

i only have 1 lictor, although i have 2 zoanthropes and 2 biovores

would it be a good idea to aquire another?(my army is 1900 pts)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
hell yeah it would! two lictors is the minimum you should have in any army! They scare the cr4p out of your opp when they pop out of a tree and hack his commander appart! Have a squad of genestealers to back them up and you can tear a hole in any army, even cheap kick-ass chaos armies!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ya i won a game the other day with 2 squads of standard genestealers 6 strong and lictor and HT and Zoanthropes(WB).

opponents thought my terminators(8) and my devastators and 1 tactical squad would have been adequate to win, he was hoping on the termies(terminators, not termagunts) beating me(we chose without watching each other) and yes we didnt follow the 2 troop and hq for him.

i beat himk easly because he avoided all the terrain and didnt see how the genestealers were good till he check my pts and saw they were as much or more pts as his men.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have heard that there should be 2 Lictors for a 1500+ game. But how is stealth acually used for a Lictor. I have the codex but I am still a little foggy on this part. Can you guys explain it to me?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Steath is the Lictors setting up rules, it can be set up significantly closer to the opponents army, and is not on the board untill you reveal it. Also it gets a 5+ cover save, which is kick a$$ as well.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Isnt that hidden set up, and stealth is that it has a 5+ cover even when in to open due to chamealeonic(or sumit) scales and i think it has +4 save when in cover too, so basicly lictors have an invunerable 5+ against MOST types of shooting, and in CC just a normal 5+ armour(not invunerable) save.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.