Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Defined in Magic Weapons as "a repeater crossbow".
Str 4, Multiple shotsx3.

Entry does not specify Armour Piercing.

For crossbowmen infantry repeater crossbow IS stated as AP.

Am I safe to assume that Lifetaker is AP as well?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Unless I've missed a FAQ somewhere the answer is no. Lifetaker's profile is spelled out in its description; the rest of the entry is purely for fluff. It's easier (albeit a tad careless) for the author to say 'a repeater crossbow' than 'a rapid-firing crossbow that is not a standard repeater crossbow'.

·
859 Posts
Magical Weapons are treated as their base weapons except for where stated. If there is no specification it does not do armour piercing it does AP as a Repeater Crossbow.

·
Big Damn Hero
292 Posts
As from the Dark Elf FAQ;

Q. Does Lifetaker get the Armour Piercing special rule as per other Dark Elf repeater crossbows?
A. No, it doesn’t. Its profile is quite clear.

Simples!

*squeak*

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't see it as an unclear statement or weird loophole; as the FAQ states, the weapon's properties are outlined quite clearly in the army book. In this case, giving the weapon the AP ability would not be a job for the FAQ, it would be the job of the errata as it would have to have been a printing error.

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Ah, I guess that settles the matter.

Though it seems a bit weird to me:

A mundane weapon has the AP rule, but a Magic Weapon that is treated as the same mundane weapon, as stated in the Army Book, does not get the AP rule. To me, that's the same as saying a Magic Weapon treated as a Great Weapon doesn't get +2S or a Magic Weapon treated as a Spear doesn't get to fight in two ranks.

My two cents,

Regards,

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Ah, I guess that settles the matter.

Though it seems a bit weird to me:

A mundane weapon has the AP rule, but a Magic Weapon that is treated as the same mundane weapon, as stated in the Army Book, does not get the AP rule. To me, that's the same as saying a Magic Weapon treated as a Great Weapon doesn't get +2S or a Magic Weapon treated as a Spear doesn't get to fight in two ranks.

My two cents,

Regards,
The italics are fluff, there's never been ruling put into these small sections in any army book as far as I know.

That aside if a magic weapon is to be treated as a mundane weapon of the same type it would be clealy specified. For example, Deathpeircer, lance; Soul render, great weapon etc. The lifetaker doesn't have this stated in such a way (so it doesn't have a mundane weapon to work from). Although the topics been cleared I thought I'd add this for other magic items which may prop up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.