Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really dont know what to do to this list to make it cheaper, id like to keep the carnifexes intact the way they are as possible. this list isnt intended to beat my opponent into a bloody pulp but moreso as a fun one, tho i dont mind suggestions on how to change it into a better list as ive only played 2 games and dont really know true value of units yet, ty.
its a little over 1k, and id like it to be 1k.
1000 pt- Hive fleet Phantom
HQ---

Broodlord-70
Adrenal glands(+1I)
Total-74

5X Genestealer retune-80

Elites---

4X Warriors-56
Enhanced senses(+1BS)
Toxin sacs(+1S)
3X Deathspitter
4X sets of sything talons
Venom Cannon
Total-142

Troops---

12 Gaunts-48
fleshborers
total-72

12 Gaunts-48
fleshborers
total-72

12 Gaunts-48
fleshborers
total-72

13 Hormagaunts-130

6 Genestealers-96

Heavy Support---

Carnifex (Spitter Crab)-85
Enhanced senses(+1BS)
Barbed strangler
Crushing claws
Total-138

Carnifex (Zombifex)-85
Adrenal Glands(+1WS)
Flesh Hooks
Reinforced Chitin(+1W)
2X Scything Talons
Total-121

Overall total- 997

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bet you pasted this! sometimes you can lose the line breaks with pasting (notepad!) just check the post through next time and edit in some line breaks

Commnets:
Broodlord and retinue: I would try and give the whole retinue ( but not the lord_ extended carapace - helps to keep them alive and with the whole squade having the same save there is no singling out of the lord under the multiple armour types rules

Warriors - good set-up -- but what is the second bioweapon that each is equiped with? Twin-linked deathspitters I would consider overpriced and the stranger whilst also being a point of constant argument as to its legality at being twinlinked, is way to expensive to be twin linked.

Gaunts - good numbers, but I would break them into 3 groups of 12 - still effective, but now a little easier to control and another target for your opponent

Hormagaunts - good

Genestealers - good choice, but you really need to find space in the list for another 2 genestealers - 6 is rather too few; 8 I consider a min for a game of this size

Carnifex 1 (crab) Take off the toxin sacs - they don't affect the strength of the strangler on bit (the second price is an error in the codex - the strangler is already at its max strength on a fex).

CArnifex 2 = you have regenerate with chitchin, which is the best way to take regen as it has a greater chance of succes, but I would drop the regen - its just too expensive, and in most games its not going to give back more than one wound - unless the dice gods bless the with unatural numbers of 6s when you need them.

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
I'm going to start with points to cut and then talk about general edits.

In no particular order:
Regen can go.
Swap crushing claws for talons.
DROP FEEDER TENDRILS!
Drop a warrior or the strangler
kill off some gaunts
give gaunts spinefists instead of fleshborers
kill a hormi or two

Mix and match any of those until you have cut 75 points.

Then, after you're done with that, I have a few suggestions.

1) I am personally opposed to CC fexes. They look cool, they sound cool, they stompy good but they just aren't worth it. They're very slow and so can't hit CC until turn 3-4 at best (at worst they never see combat) and as they have relatively few attacks they need to much on some really points heavy units to earn their keep. Fexes best fill the role of anti-tank (something your army is severely lacking) so I suggest swapping the CC morphs out and some ranged combat in. If you absolutely must have your CC fexes at least make them as cheap as you can. Drop everything that isn't talons, glands hooks or miasma.

2)swap the strangler on the warriors for a VC. VC is for tanks, BS is for guys. Spitters are for tanks. Make the whole unit focused on one role, dropping light transports and vehicles.

3) You likely want some more genestealers. 6 really is just too few to bring the kind of hurt you want. I would drop one of the squads of termigaunts, or about half the hormies (8 is plenty for a first charge tie-up element in 1k) to squeeze in another squad.

That's what I've got to offer, take or it leave it. Good luck and may you feast upon the soft fleshy meats of our enemies.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys,
Overmind:
yes, i did paste it... next time i will use notepad.

I cant find the 25 points to give the broodlord retune the +1 save. I was considering taking out some gaunts, but i fear it might make the units too small.

warriors-I forgot to put in their talons... :rofl

gaunts- split into 3 units of 12.

genestealers- still cant find points.

Spitter crab- i was looking at my dex today and i realized that the Toxin Sacs are pointless too.

The other Fex- took out the regen... considering snapping his arms off and making another balanced fex with a Venom cannon.

Paul:
just what i havnt covered already.

I took out the Feeder Tendrils. After thinking about it, they are pretty pointless against most armies.

Dropped a warrior and put in a Venom cannon instead of the strangler. (i have a model of each so i can switch em in and out)

Dropped 3 hormagaunts because their unit is already quite big, i might even take a couple more...

As for the Crushing Claws... even knowing that a set of talons is actually more reliable i still like them, i like the way they look mostly but the idea of a chance devistating attack is pretty cool. The actual model is built with tusks and a sythe tail if i ever wanted to put them in.
Also, would it be possible to use the crushing claws as Talons w/o pissing my opponent off? i guess i could pull out some green stuff and add them to the claw arms to make em both but i kinda like the way they look atm.

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
Most people won't bat an eye at you calling them talons as long as you let them know ahead of time. So no worries there. And keeping the claws is fine, as long as you go into it knowing that they're unreliable and inconsistent go for it. In the end unless you're trying to compete in a tournament, it's just a question of how you enjoy playing your army.

·
Registered
301 Posts
paul has it right - just make a point of telling your opponent what your nids are armed with in weapons and biomorphs as you put them on the table - and as nids don't have transports and your not using and deepstrikers you can safly show your army list to your opponent if they ask questions (unless its escalation ;))

·
Registered
116 Posts
I dont think theres anything wrong with making gaunt broods small. A brood of 10 gaunts probably would do just as good as a brood of 12. They are meant to tie up opponents and do REALLY minor damage.

On the fex with BS and Claws, replace the claws with a venomcanon. For a little more, you get to shoot 2 beastly guns. Mixing roles on a fex is a no-no. The BS would probably do more than the fex can do in CC anyways, so you'd keep shooting the templates and never enter CC. If you give it a VC, it'll do good against: tanks, troops, elites, hqs, and fast attack. (notice how i listed every type) If you've already built the CC fexes, i'd go ahead and keep the one with 2 sets of talons but break off the claws from the other one. Get some green stuff and replace them with a VC. Its alot better. The next ones you buy, make them into either sniperfexes (VC+BS) or dakkafexes (DEvo+devo). If you REALLY like CC fexes, more power to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.