Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just a couple questions for all you 40k know it alls! I play fantasy and me and my buddies are starting to get 40k also...Well after two games of fantasy yesterday we decided to try a 750pt game of 40k. SM vs Eldar. As we were in a rush we set up and played kinda stupidly.

My list was Captain on bike 2x 5 Bikes 1 Atk Bike, Predator, 6 Vanguard Vets
His was 10x Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent, Wraithlord, 3x War Walkers, 3x Guardian Jetbikes and a farseer

Stupidly I sped near his Wraithlord who got into combat and since he's S10 he instakilled two guys a turn until I was dead. I dropped my VVets and killed his Jetbikes but then his WarWalkers shot at me. Now from what I read the get to fire both weapons as long as he only moves 6". So that was like 18 shots at S6 against me. And I only get to take an Armour Save or Cover Save whatever is higher right? Also he shot a brightlance at my Predator. rolled a 6 then another 6. Predator dead.

I guess as long as we did everything right, do 40k games usually end in the 2nd turn?!? I dont mind getting spanked just was kind of suprised. Thanks!

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
"Yes, they sure can" is the short answer to that one. Your Marines were up against what pretty much amounted to an anti-MEq list. Assuming that the Warwalkers had two Shuriken Cannons each, you were in serious trouble there anyway, but even if they didn't, the sheer firepower those units can put down is fierce. Add in a Bladestorm from the Dire Avengers and you're looking at some serious hurty shootiness.

The only way you can do anything in CC against a Wraithlord is if you have something of Strength 5 or more - preferably a powerfist, of course!

A bike army's best friend is its mobility and the ability to turbo boost across the table. You could use that to completely wrong-foot your opponent, leaving you with only one half of his army able to be in a position to do anything to you while you run rampant on one flank.

E.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow

Yea we didnt put much terrain down mabey we should next time. Also how does the Melta Bomb work in CC against a Wraithlord? Is it just figured as S8 or can it not be used?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Also how does the Melta Bomb work in CC against a Wraithlord? Is it just figured as S8 or can it not be used?
They work like grenades, and therefore can only be used against vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts