Librarium Online Forums banner

Monilith is hit by a Dark Lance, wat happons?

• The monilith gets its 14 armour Cuz of its 'living metal'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Gets 12 armour Due to the DL rule

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ADDING YOUR VOTE

I know the rules but im just woderering (does it say the DL does'nt get its ability, i thought it was just cancelling out the 2d6 rolls.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The rule specifically says it ignores any rules for weapons that treat AV>12 as 12, so basically DE have something of a problem taking out the monolith.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K thx. That sux though. lucky i VERY rarly play necrons.
Just becuase the metals living. Seems to kill other living things ok....

·
Registered
959 Posts
i think the living metal rule is kinda lame. i mean even a bloodthirster doesnt get the 2d6 for penetration, come on how's the fact that the metal is living gonna stop the 'thirster punch a hole through the damn thing?

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know, just because its 'living'
Bloodthirsters seem to kill other 'living' things Ok!

·
1,019 Posts
Well the "living" part of the metal really means that it reshapes itself around blows, explosions etc. Also it has a another version of the Necron repair system (which contributes to the "living" metal rule)
I think this is because that the Monolith is so insanely important. Lets say your opponent takes only one. If you take it down then all his Warriors that are still in reserve will be lost (in other words he wont be able to teleport them into battle and thus theyll just die at the end of the game)

·
1,019 Posts
Just imagine it like a huge, clumsy version of that T1000 from Terminator II...
Exactly! :lol:

How about making some stats for Terminators (the movie Terminator not the space/chaos marine things) for Necrons? They'd be like elite infiltrator units used to gain intelligence on humans.

Anyone?

·
Registered
379 Posts
F**k the necrons. There is an army that is stacked up to the balls. I never liked them from the start, and sure don't like them now. Dark lances were like the only thing good in a dark eldar force, and they're needing a 6 to glance!? bullshit.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Most things in the DE list can move four times as fast as a monolith, so it's not too hard to avoid it for a while. Focus on the mission objective or phase out.

jwu

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can understand dark eldar complainging bout the lith... but no one else really should, every other race has something that can take it out pretty decently. Its just something new that you guys have to face, Its not unbeatable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.