Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of the Primarchs got whacked through the Fluff in one fashion or another. But several of them survived (notibly the vast majority of Chaos ones). It kind of raises a few questions just for pure opinionated discussions sake...

1. Who is the strongest surviving Primarch?

Personally, I'd say Magnus. He survived his battle against Russ, was able to stop the Rubric of Ahriman from completing and has been elevated to Demon Prince-hood. Considering this guy studied the Arcane and surpassed Ahriman in lust for knowledge and power, he's had 10k years to hone his knowledge. Not sure anyone is his rival at this point.

2. What exactly have the Primarchs been up too?

Most of the fluff says they've been missing or ruling their respective planets... is that it? How come no one has been able to track then down? Why not join Abaddon in one of his Crusades against the Imperium? They have just as much to gain and have the whole 'revenge' thing still beating in their hearts.

3. How do you think the Primarchs will return?

Russ was noted as saying he would return in the Wulf time (Ragnoroc), but you'd think with all the elevated threats that have emerged since his time; Tyranid, Necrons, etc, that time has come. Do you think GW will ever introduce stories based around that or leave it open for players to decide?

4. Would you personally like to see Primarchs introduced into the game?

Sort of a tough call, I think they would be freakishly priced and have more rules than a C'tan on crack. Have you ever drafted a stat line for any one of them? What would other races have in equivilance? Tyranid Nord Queens? The good ol' Orc Gaz getting even bigger?

Just some thoughts to stave of the boredom.:?

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
First off, Magnus survived his battle with Russ because he pulled a disappearing act.

Second, one does not simply walk into the Eye of Terror (and off a Daemon Primarch).

Third, GW will not advance the storyline, but will simply leave us on the 'cusp of great events' as we are now. A wise decision, in my opinion.

Fourthly, no, they shouldn't be introduced into the game. Too game-imbalancing and, in all probability, still underpowered.

EDIT: Decided to post the fates of the Primarchs as I know them.

Loyalists:
Corax: Ran off after what he did to his Legion (mutations), said 'Nevermore.'
Lion'el Jonson: Disappeared after his battle with Luther, suggest he was carried deep into the Rock by the Watchers in the Dark.
Sanguinius: Killed by Horus.
Roboute: In stasis after battling Fulgrim, supposedly healing.
Ferrus: Dueled Fulgrim at the Drop Site Massacre, died.
Vulkan: Disappeared under rubble at Drop Site Massacre.
Dorn: Supposedly dead; his hands were found.
Russ: Disappeared till the Wolftime.
Khan: Ran off chasing Dark Eldar.

Traitor:
Fulgrim: Alive but possessed in the new fluff (bleh).
Angron: Banished, coming back soon.
Horus: Soul completely obliterated by the Emperor. Rather pwned.
Lorgar: Alive and directing the Word Bearers from Sicarus as the Chaos Pope.
Alpharius: Killed in a duel with Roboute, source disputed (more of Alpharius' tricks?).
Perturabo: Alive and still pissy.
Night Haunter: Supposedly dispatched voluntarily by a Callidus. The vid-pict cuts out though.
Mortarion: Alive and still emo.
Magnus: Alive and still studying.

Out of those that are alive, it would be one of the Daemon Primarchs. They were on decently equal footing before the Heresy, but now they are definitely above the rest. Angron's the only one we have any action from (See Dominion of Fire, First War of Armageddon) in some time. I say him- he's backed by the most powerful Warp God, so his power has likely increased substantially in that regard.

I have a very long conceptualization of the end of the 40k era as we know it, involving the various end-game ace-in-the-holes for all the races clashing, but I can't do it all justice from memory.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ooh, now I really want to find a way to use 13th Company rules for the Khan's personal host (what's left of it)! They had similar-ish rules to begin with, according to the traits page. Just less wolves, new terminology, and more bikes! But I digress...

My group is in the process of coming up with rules for most of the Primarchs! We're modifying someone else's rules set for more balance and fluffiness, but only have the rules finalized for a few. Points costs are being tricky, but as we are ONLY allowing them in Apocalypse games (and any large special scenarios designed for them), we feel they're pretty balanced. Once we figure out points.

I don't actually have the rules (another guy does), but I could post the basic ones, and those for our finished Primarchs, if you'd all like. Just one group's take on them, I know, but still cool. : )

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't think the primarchs should be introduced but I do think the story line should continue. Now continuing the storyline doesn't have to involve galaxy shattering events, it can merely be small wars and new crusades, I would prefer that it advances though....

·
Registered
191 Posts
personally i think it would be cool to see some primarch models on the field in an apocolipes battle just cut through a endless swam of gaunt then taking down 3 hive tyrants , haha pwned. As for the toughes primarch i don't really no its hard to say. one on one combat probly fulgrim or angron. At range magnus. able to take i s**t load of fire power mortarian. But definally if konard curse/night haunter was still aive he would be crazy scary like come on he's the lord of terror. he could kill you with out even phyically harming you. he would just scare you to death

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is a fan-fic out there called "Rise of the Tau" not sure what forum its on, but a simple google search should find it. The last time I checked it was 16 forum pages long, and deals with a lot of the primarchs, I can't say too much about it though because I'm only part way through it and I believe it's still being written.

Edit: I found the link here BL Publishing forums: Rise Of The Tau.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Fulgrim, how manny of his "Brothers" did he slay annyway?
In the Horus Heresy novels Fulgrim defeats one of his brother primarchs during the drop site massacre, and after the heresy he delivers a fatal wound to another. So he only actually kills one brother and almost kills a second.

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
Didn't Vulkan "disappear" at the drop site massacre, only to return later, having fled the forces.

I know Magnus was wounded by Ragnar Blackmane with the Spear of Russ.

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
As far as the existing traitor primarchs go, they're all (possibly barring Pertuarbo) dæmon princes, and so would have serious problems going anywhere outside the Eye. Angron's invasion of Armageddon was only possible thanks to a massive warp storm around the system, and in order to manifest properly I'd guess the other primarchs would need similar levels of power.

·
453 Posts
Far more interesting than Primarchs though is the next Heresy book after Battle For The Abyss . . . Mechanicus. I can't wait to read that book and see how the Mechanicum decided who would go with who in the war.

The way I see it is that them being all mechanical and logical they decided that there was a 50-50 chance of either side winning, so they split themselves in half to ensure the survival of the cult.

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Na, he's referring to the Space Wolf book where Ragnar throws the Spear into Magnus's big daemon eye.
Oh, one of those newfangled Black Library thingies. I don't read 'em, and that situation sounds too far-fetched and fanboyish to me. A Marine who is a few hundred years old wounding a Daemon Primarch and living through the encounter... when it took one of the most badass Primarchs, Russ, to take him down when Magnus was less powerful.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Oh, one of those newfangled Black Library thingies. I don't read 'em, and that situation sounds too far-fetched and fanboyish to me. A Marine who is a few hundred years old wounding a Daemon Primarch and living through the encounter... when it took one of the most badass Primarchs, Russ, to take him down when Magnus was less powerful.
He, more or less, just poked Magnus in the eye with the spear; doing that just happened to break the primarchs concentration amongst other things. (Its not like he grievesly wounded him or anything, not like Russ who's actions in conjunction with the goading of Horus led to the ninth traitor legion...:C)

Von_Smallhousen, we all have an edit button for a reason; no need to double post when you can just edit in more.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Also, Bjorn the Fell-Handed wounded Magnus enough to force him to retreat sometime after the Heresy.
That one is like a double wound, actually hurting Magnus and not thwarting his plan of capturing the fang the entire time it was besieged...:C

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.