Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list is going to be usedfor everything, friendly, tourney, whatever.

I would like suggestions, strengths, weaknesses, and the such. thanks in advance

240 15x Saurus w/spears full command
270 20x Saurus w/ full command
194 3x Kroxigor w/ the ancient guy
195 3x Salamanders
235 A Stegadon
66 11xSkinks w/blowpipes
78 13xSKinks w/javelins and shields
84 12xSkinks w/scout and blowpipes
225 5xCold one Riders w/full command
[Everything that doesn't have a w/ a certain thing has basic weapons(duh)]

some other ideas/stuff

150 skink priest lvl 2 and 2 scrolls of dispel (should he really be level 2 I'm not sure if it is worth it.)
111 JSOD w/ gw light armor and the jaguar thing (I know it is overdone but I have never played warhammer so I want to try it out it sounds fun, unless there are any other ideas about a quality cc saurus leader.)
205 3x Terradons (I think 3 is a good number. right?)

thanks, if you have any questions I check back here very often normally, cept sometimes on the weekends. lol. like you care as much as i do

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Look at using saurus in units of 12, much like Chaos Warriors. Elite Infantry, 12 strong, 6 wide, Champ and Music.

For the Krox, try and run them in units of 4, especially at 2K as you can afford it.

Run Skinks in units of 10-12... and hoping i get this the right way round, use Scouts with Blowpipes, and non scouts with Javelins.

Loose the Standard from the CoKnights unless theyre to be given a magic banner. The extra movement banner is nasty on them, basically a free flank charge.

Terradons are great, 3 should be fine.

If you are going for antimagic then dont bother with Lv2 Priests. Look at having one with the Diadem of power too, its a great item.

JSOD is a little overdone, but there is a reason for it. He is great. Look into some Blessed Spawnings for him too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow I havent reall heard of anyone running saurus at 2x6. possibly.
and kroxigors 4 wide i havent heard of that much either, perhaps i will try it out.
i was putting the guys at level 2 to get more dice, but i have been outa the game so long i dont know if it even gives me dice anymore

·
Registered
57 Posts
i was putting the guys at level 2 to get more dice, but i have been outa the game so long i dont know if it even gives me dice anymore
You get 1 DD for each lv. 1 or 2 wizzard. And they get 1 PD for each lv.

Meaning your priest will get only 1 DD regarles if it is lv 1 or 2.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Don't let people convince you there is a right or wrong way to use saurus. It's just what people prefer. Some like the MSU approach but I like blocks of 20 with full command, with a BSB nearby there ain't much that'll move those guys. Just play games and see what works for you.

As for your list I think it's pretty good, but be acreful about having a JSoD as your general, especially if you plan to have him running off smashing stuff up! 8Y

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, honestly I like this list quite a bit, but since I have never run it I was wondering. Sounds like something to try out as you said though.

About the JSoD I mostly have him because I am not really sure what to do for a general, :| as much as I hate to say that I haven't done warhammer enough (at all basically) to know what to get and whats the real point. But I am also trying to fill in that gap of points and stuff too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.