·
Registered
2 Posts
20 skinks each groups of 10 with blowpipes 140 pts
2 stegatons eog 750 pts
2 blocks of 18 saurus spear shield musician banner 468 pts
slann mage has focus of mystery 275 pts
20 temple guard with musician and banner 355 pts

Note there are no magic items. i have played skaven, wood elves, empire, daemons, chaos mortals, orcs and goblins. Seems to work well against them but i want a good tourney army.

What do ppl think?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi, welcome to LO.
Its a little tricky to comment on your list because you've written it in such small format. I recommend you check out the army list section of the forums to see how people normally do it. (no doubt a mod will soon move your post there). Its good to post the equipment you have taken for the characters as this is key to how they will perform.

I will try and give some helpful comments:
Saurus units are best run in blocks of 18 with spears, so that looks good to me. 20 temple guard is a bit overkill, you should be fine with 16. Your slann appears to have no extra disciplines, magic items or upgrades. I'd definitely make it atleast a Battle Standard bearer. Generally, 2 engines in a 2000pt list is considered a little over the top. Very effective, but people may not want to play you because of it (shame on them).

If you write out your list in a more detailed form, particularly the equipment of the characters, myself and others will be able to make some more helpful comments. Good luck with your list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

thank you for the welcome and advice, i was thinking about removing some temple guard, they just look so good with the whole battle line tho :). also at tournaments they will have no choice but to fight my stegadons.

·
4,361 Posts
I think you should split your list up into its respective units and characaters. This will make it easier for others to help you with your individual units. Your points costs seem to be slightly off also, you should recheck them, or post how you got them. As for the list, it seems to have good units. As for being tournament ready, I would say you lack magic defense, with will hurt in todays tournament scene. If the tournament has comp scores, you will also get dinged for having two engines.

I also welcome you to LO.
SirKently

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.