Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been working on this list for some time and came up with this idea.
This is the first time I will be playing the game myself and i really like the Lizardmen. This army will mainly be fighting Highelves, Beastmen, Skaven and Orcs.

Lords:420 pts
Slann Mage-priest ( Protected by Tempel Guards )
Disiplines: Mystery, Rumination, Cogitation
Cupped hands of the old one
Lore of Life

Heroes:246 pts
Skink Priest ( On top of Engine of Gods )
Level 2 Wizard
Plague of Tebok
Lore of Heavens

Scar-Veteran ( With Saurus Unit of 28 )
BSB
GW
LA
Banner of Ethernal Flames

Core: 910 pts
30 Saurus Warriors + SB and M
28 Saurus Warriors + M, Scar-Vet with this unit

24 Skinks - 8 with each Kroxigor

10 Skink Skirmishers + Blowpipes

Special: 556 pts
20 Tempel Guards + SB and M, Plague of Dominion ( All around Slann )
3 Kroxigors

Rare: 365 pts
1 Ancient Stegadon + Engine of the Gods ( Skink Priest and crew on top of this )
1 Salamander hunting pack

Total: 2497 pts

Please comment my first army and tip me if you have any ideas.
Was thinking that the salamander pack the blowpipes a Stegadon and 3 Krox'es in 2 groups on each flank. Slann save and comfortable in middle protected by the Tempel Guards and the Banner of Dominion. At last my 2 Saurus Warrior units in front with my Scar-Veteran and the Banner of Ethernal Flames.

Thank you!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been working on this list for some time and came up with this idea.
This is the first time I will be playing the game myself and i really like the Lizardmen. This army will mainly be fighting Highelves, Beastmen, Skaven and Orcs.

Lords:420 pts
Lore of Life
Solid set up(in the TG bunker your Slann is the norm BSB )

Heroes:246 pts
Skink Priest ( On top of Engine of Gods )
Level 2 Wizard
Plague of Tebok
Lore of Heavens
Not a huge fan of the plaque of tepok, most of your casting is coming from the slann, 2 spells should be more then you will ever get to cast. you need to add the points for your eotg to this.

BSB
GW
LA
Banner of Ethernal Flames
I am not a fan of the flaming attacks unless you know you are going up against someone with regen, also if you get rid of a banner(not the bsb) you can equip him with magical items, something like gamblers armour and a piranha blade

Core: 910 pts
30 Saurus Warriors + SB and M
I would put a champion + spears in this unit, the extra rank of supporting attacks and being able to issue a chal.
28 Saurus Warriors + M, Scar-Vet with this unit
Solid I would get a banner even with the bsb since they both count on combat resolve, Champion

24 Skinks - 8 with each Kroxigor
I have never had luck with this unit

Blowpipes come standard, just not sure if you added cost for them. Great unit
Special: 556 pts
not a fan of that banner, just haven't seen where it would be real useful,
3 Kroxigors
^^ still don't like em^^

Rare: 365 pts
1 Ancient Stegadon + Engine of the Gods ( Skink Priest and crew on top of this )
remember this gets charged in heroes cat, Terror/thunderstomp/d6+1 impact hits
1 Salamander hunting pack
always get the extra handler 1 bad miscast with a bad d3 can kill all your skinks...
Total: 2497 pts

Please comment my first army and tip me if you have any ideas.
Was thinking that the salamander pack the blowpipes a Stegadon and 3 Krox'es in 2 groups on each flank. Slann save and comfortable in middle protected by the Tempel Guards and the Banner of Dominion. At last my 2 Saurus Warrior units in front with my Scar-Veteran and the Banner of Ethernal Flames.

Thank you!
Very good list, and nice battle plan,

I would
+add more salamanders+extra handlers
-skink group - just an easy combat resolve group imo (maybe I play it wrong)

Good luck

Welcome to the Jungle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the quick ansewr :)
- So I've come up with some new stuff for you, but once again, Kroxigors are one of my favorite, so aint gonna move them :b sry.

Lords:
Lore of Life

420 pts

Heroes:
Skink Priest
Level 2 Wizard
Engine of the Gods
Lore of Heavens

390 pts

BSB
GW
LA
Piranha Blade

156 pts

Core:
28 Saurus Warriors + Spears, SB and M

354 pts

28 Saurus Warriors + Spears, SB and M, Scar-Vet with this unit

354 pts

70 pts

70 pts

Special:

341 pts

3 Kroxigors

Rare:
1 Salamander hunting pack + 3 extra handlers

180 pts

Total: 2500 pts

Now that do you think? :) - considering det same battleplan as last time.

Now only that there's salamanders on both flanks, 1 with the Krox'es and 1 with the Steg.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks great, I don't think you can have a great weapon with a piranha blade, need to dbl check

only allowed 1 extra handler per salamander so 80pts per unit 3 are free 4th cost 5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So u meen that i should take out cognition for saving 50 points on my Slann and then get a 3rd salamander?

·
Registered
148 Posts
So u meen that i should take out cognition for saving 50 points on my Slann and then get a 3rd salamander?
Well yes, but I didn't check your points, when using a slann the first disp, is free, 2nd is 50, 3rd is 100, 4th 150 - I thought you had more points to play with but I would still drop it for a sally

·
Registered
190 Posts
Alright i think your list is solid just needs a few minor changes. One thing to consider is putting the bsb on the slann, he cant be attacked so is much safer than the scar vets 3+ armour. Next i would give the slann the standard of discipline, giving him Ld.10 which is huge, it has made a big difference when holding, and put the flame banner on the temple guard. You don't need the plaque of dominion its not worth it, to many points and not very effective. I would drop your skink priest to a level 1 and give him a scroll, he is not going to be casting magic or dispelling with the slann around. I would drop spears from your saurus warriors, and drop them to 24 each, you don't need that many, and parry is much more effective than a few extra attacks only if you dont charge. You should have enough points leftover to buy some chameleons, you have enough for about roughly 2 units of 5 if my calculations are right. These bad boys are absolutely amazing, and are a must have, or terradons. You need some sort of unit to take out enemy warmachines, and be an absolute nuisance from turn 1. So that's my two cents, hope this helps.
Cheers,
Billy :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh and just a side not, DO NOT DROP COGITATION. It has saved me from certain doom plenty of times, with magic being as deadly as it is. Yes it may stop them from miscasting, but it stops them from getting irresistable as well. Again hope this helps.
Cheers,

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh and just a side not, DO NOT DROP COGITATION. It has saved me from certain doom plenty of times, with magic being as deadly as it is. Yes it may stop them from miscasting, but it stops them from getting irresistable as well. Again hope this helps.
Cheers,
Good tips Bill,

I have had tons of luck with my suarus warriors with spears in a large pack, I norm keep them right in front of some sort of deadly terrain and 9/10 the enemy is so scared they will rush me,

I would agree cham skinks are awesome since they have the scout special rule, and out of sight if they start in a water.

Teranadons are great, they get the vanguard special rule and get to drop rocks once a game.

as far as cogitation you need to figure out if you want to knock out all 6's on 1 caster with in 24' or you want a unit of lets say 8 Cham skinks.

GOOD LUCK

·
4,361 Posts
Lords:
Lore of Life
Fine.
420 pts

Heroes:
Skink Priest
Level 2 Wizard
Engine of the Gods
Lore of Heavens
Scroll caddy is all you need here. One stegadon in a list is just giving away points, though with you the armies you will be facing it isn't too bad. Just some bolt throwers and a few other things. Still I am not a fan of the engine anymore.
390 pts

BSB
GW
LA
Piranha Blade
I would give the BSB to the slann. And I would look to go more defensive that offensive with the magic setup. Especially if you leave him as the BSB.
156 pts

Core:
28 Saurus Warriors + Spears, SB and M

354 pts

28 Saurus Warriors + Spears, SB and M, Scar-Vet with this unit

354 pts

70 pts

70 pts
Core is all good except for the spears. I prefer hand weapon and shield for the parry save.

Special:

341 pts
Plaque of dominion was great in 7th edition. Now with a BSB allowing rerolls it has gone the way of the dodo. Not to be seen again.

3 Kroxigors

If you want to run kroxigors, get at least 6, and I would rather see 8.
Rare:

180 pts
As stated, 1 extra handler per salamander.
Total: 2500 pts
Good luck,
SirKently

1 - 11 of 11 Posts