Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So first real post. here we go.

So to get back into warhammer, bringing an old friend round who plays Dwarfs.
I've put together a 2k list:

2nd Gen. Slaan
Upgraded to 2nd gen. Divine Plaque of Protection. Plaque of Tepok, Diadem of Power. Battle Standard Bearer.

Scar-Vet
Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior. Sacred Spawning of Sotek. Sacred Spawning of Chotec.

15 Saurus
st. musician

15 Saurus
st. musician

15 Sarus
st. musician

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks Scouts

10 Skinks Scouts

4 Krox

2 Salamanders

1999 Total

Basically going to advance cautiously and although a semi slow advance is normally not what you want against dwarves, he doesn't field too much of a gun line (thankfully), and my magic should be pretty powerful with a 2nd gen. The Slaan will be with the center Saurus unit, but will be free to move around, and has the appropriate ward save to do so. Skinks will act as shields for everything important, and with some decent rolling, maybe put their poison to work on the dwarf high T. The problem I used to have against him, while using LM, is his Lord. His Lord, all runed up hits so hard, so much, and just wont die! The only strategy I had was to blast him with magic from range. The extra roll from my 2nd gen will be essential against the high magic resilient dwarves. But will it be enough? I have fooled him in the past, while he takes strong magic defense, with a full cc LM army, but if he goes all out magic defense, will I be able to get off any of my magic, which is my main force in this list. He also plays a bit of WE, and against that I think I'll use the trusty Blood Statuette of Spite against the low Lord T. Any comments/help on the list, been a while since my last game, and any help will be welcome.

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
2nd Gen. Slaan
Upgraded to 2nd gen. Divine Plaque of Protection. Plaque of Tepok, Diadem of Power. Battle Standard Bearer.
I preffer a 4th Gen or no Slann (particularly against dwarfs!).

Scar-Vet
Great Weapon, Light Armor, Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior. Sacred Spawning of Sotek. Sacred Spawning of Chotec.
He doesn't need Blessed (That's right, its not Sacred. It is Blessed) Spawning of Chotec (Dwarfs flee 2D6-1 and he already pursues 3D6).

15 Saurus
st. musician

15 Saurus
st. musician

15 Sarus
st. musician

4 Krox
4 combat units is not enough to break a dwarf shieldwall. Drop some skinks for more (more kroxigor is my suggestion).

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks

10 Skinks Scouts

10 Skinks Scouts
Way to many skinks (especially against dwarfs who are almost impervious to their fire, having insane saves).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Salamanders are also of limited use vs dwarves, who have T4 across the board and generally good armor saves. Kroxigors are amazing, however; just be sure to screen them. Your skink units should be a lot bigger than 10, since they will be shot at and you want to avoid panic checks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys. krox01, you think that I should play it less magic heavy? the plan was the blast him with magic as I'm moving up. But, If you don't think that is enough, should I sack the Slaan and go instead with a full cc list? Only problem with that is his 'runed out' lord that is tough as nails. That would give me points to add another unit of krox, drop some units of skinks, but increase the size of each remaining a bit. Maybe somehow work a steggy into the list maybe? What do you guys think about changing to a cc list then, since dwarfs are so magic resistant.

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks for the input guys. krox01, you think that I should play it less magic heavy? the plan was the blast him with magic as I'm moving up. But, If you don't think that is enough, should I sack the Slaan and go instead with a full cc list? Only problem with that is his 'runed out' lord that is tough as nails. That would give me points to add another unit of krox, drop some units of skinks, but increase the size of each remaining a bit. Maybe somehow work a steggy into the list maybe? What do you guys think about changing to a cc list then, since dwarfs are so magic resistant.

If you know you're facing dwarves, a no-magic list is probably a good idea. There are various names for this strategy, but basically, the dwarves have "anti-magic" as a trait. Presumably they pay for this in some way (this is debatable). In any case, if you don't play magic, their "anti-magic" trait is useless; their Runesmiths are overpriced, underpowered Thanes, any Magic Resistance they have is wasted, and the army +2 dispel dice is meaningless.

I found Stegadons to be kind of mediocre vs dwarves, mostly due to their tendency to attract cannonballs and bolts like no tomorrow. Your mileage may vary; if your opponent tends to not field many war machines, they might be pretty good. If he does field them, you might consider sending a JSoD at the Organ Gun (or Flame Cannon, if he uses that). It might take you a while to chew through the crew, but the point is to keep it from firing.

I said it once, and I'll say it again: Kroxigors are hands-down the best unit in Lizardmen vs Dwarf battles. Barring Ironbreakers or characters, they average 1.25 kills per model per round, which means 4 Kroxigors will wipe the front rank on the charge. Even in later rounds, six attacks from normal dwarves averages 2/3s of a wound; elites do twice as much, but you'll still win combat. And heaven help the little buggers if you get a flank charge...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Khaim. So what do you I should bring to go with the krox. Im thinking 2 units of 4 krox, supported by saurus, screened by skinks. How big/many saurus you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.